Literary Visits

I'm hoping to compile a list of places to visit that are based around particular books or authors.  Suggestions welcome, and images would be very helpful.  I have to say no to Adult-rated ones unless that's just the rating of the region, not the content.  Thank you.

• Like 2

The MacBeth sim was cool, if it's still around.

Of course there is Innsmouth, a great recreation of the coastal town in Lovecraft's short story.

I'll assume you're not interested in the sims that reference "The Story of O" or Anne Rice's "Sleeping Beauty" series.  😄

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm hoping to compile a list of places to visit that are based around particular books or authors.  Suggestions welcome, and images would be very helpful.  I have to say no to Adult-rated ones unless that's just the rating of the region, not the content.  Thank you.

The Honorary Consulate in Titania is based off Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream

If you talk to the chatGPT character Bottom, he will answer in Shakespearean iambic pentameter. Inside is another character, Changeling, who speaks only in limericks.

The sim is in Bellisseria in M.

There is are two BBB stamps (including a special one for Valentine's Day that ends this week!) and various freebies (including special love potions that end this week).

Titania 4.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2024 at 6:54 PM, Orwar said:

Innsmouth, inspired by HP Lovecraft's work: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Innsmouth/14/247/55 

Thank you for that, I'd have felt like a spammer if I had posted it, because everyone on staff knows that's where I work.

I really appreciate seeing someone post my home sim, it feels nice.

• Like 5

I have a Narnia quest that starts in Winnipeg in the Garden House and travels over other sims. It is mainly based on C.S. Lewis' The Magician's Nephew (you must find your way to the attic and to Uncle Andrew's study, get the magic rings, then get to the Woods Between the Worlds, where you will jump into different ponds to reach various worlds.

The main quest involves getting to the orchard with the Tree of Life and an apple that will heal Digory's Mother as in the Magician's Nephew story, but you can also just wander freely through  the areas and not do the quest and find little gifts as well -- there's the dead world of Charn and other scenes from the book.

Along the way, there are parts illustrated from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (you can go to Mr. Tumnus' hut) and also from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Felimath). There are also worlds to visit that aren't in the story but I just put in from other stories or made up (Dragon's Lair, Raven's Rest). 

Aslan.jpg

Mr Tumnus.jpg

Charn.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just took a walk around this rather prettily done region named Aurelias, that came up in YouTube. Not super specific, maybe, but G rated, and as the description does mention Dickens, and it has all the cobblestones, rain, and sounds, and things, I thought, I'll add it here. :)

"Welcome to Aurelias, a captivating town that echoes the spirit of Charles Dickens and transports you to a bygone era. As you stroll through our cobblestone streets, you'll feel the enchantment inspired by classic fables and fairytales."

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aurelias/56/182/34

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Thanks 1