Connectivity issues?

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Beq Janus said:

I've had muiltiple other confirmations that this is not just "the new FS" (you have no idea how much that relieves me). 

As @Monty Linden suggested, please reach out to LL support by raising a ticket https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/home

No, Beq, indeed it's not just Firestorm. I've been using the official viewer for most of my attempts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monty Linden said:

Support should bug you for more information soon enough.  They are standing by hungry for your calls...

Ping and traceroute details submitted to the ticket. I'm stuck connecting to region at the moment, with the official viewer.

• Like 1

@Monty Linden I've been asking people in FS Support to send me LMs for a while it appeared to be exclusively RC, but on such a small data set that was inconclusive and I 've just had 3 contrary indications. So no pattern so far. 

Meanwhile, I am not seeing the issues.

Other symptoms reported by those with issues are slow responses when accessing profile data, and when opening an object, very slow retrieval of contents.

• Like 1

Reaching out to support is was an utter waste of time. I spent an hour in chat (my alt) with them only to be advised that the issued seemed to be European based and to reach out to my ISP because the SL engineers couldn't detect anything. Shortly after that, I did get in and it was ok for a while so logged out waited a while then ten minutes ago I try to log back in and boom same. Glitch. As I said earlier my troublke started when I updated the FS on my Mac and then it seemed to spread to other viewers. Sometimes getting in but crashing when I teleported or often crashing completely at Region handshake. *sigh*

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUBYll said:

Exactly the same message

I tried with the Kokua Viewer and I actually got  past the handshake and into my home BUT again when I tried to leleport it froze and then booted me out AGAIN. I'm getting really worried now because I have customers who need contact from me.

• Sad 1

I'm very glad to have come across this thread. This afternoon (UK) we had a 2 second power cut and everything went off and on again - except the computers (Macs). On powering up it was impossible to login and the progress bar stopped where everyone says. I thought the power cut had messed up the settings and have spent some hours checking everything and trying stuff. The odd thing is that one AV could login but not another, and teleporting threw you out altogether, and then the AV that got in couldn't but another could, then none could.

The help I searched all said UDP was the problem - end of, SL Grid showed all green and I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Now I know many others have suffered too I can relax, so to speak, and stop trying to find the answer.

For those wondering if it is the new FS upgrade, I can tell you it isn't, I'm using 6.6.8.68380 on a MacPro 2010 High Sierra.

Edited by MaxWycliffe
  • Like 1

I notice the same issues since this morning, its ongoing for 12hours now.

i also opened a support ticket pointing to this thread.

location is europe / germany, provider is 1&1

i never had this kind of issues before, it just started out of the blue this morning about 12h ago.

No matter what region i use as login region, no matter what viewer i use, official or third party viewers like firestorm or cool viewer.

Sometimes i manage to get inworld after 10-20 attempts! But then immediately crash when i try to TP elsewhere.

Even tried an alt.

So for LL support as datapoints maybe lets collect location and provider, maybe there is a pattern somewhere.

Edited by Wired Georgia
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MaxWycliffe said:

I'm very glad to have come across this thread. This afternoon (UK) we had a 2 second power cut and everything went off and on again - except the computers (Macs). On powering up it was impossible to login and the progress bar stopped where everyone says. I thought the power cut had messed up the settings and have spent some hours checking everything and trying stuff. The odd thing is that one AV could login but not another, and teleporting threw you out altogether, and then the AV that got in couldn't but another could, then none could.

The help I searched all said UDP was the problem - end of, SL Grid showed all green and I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Now I know many others have suffered too I can relax, so to speak, and stop trying to find the answer.

You've expressed it well. I have had the exact same problems with my alts. Juggling with different alts and viewers  I can get in once or twice but then the teleporting crashes me out. I'm using a Mac airbook because my Imac is dying on me and can't  cope with SL anymore so I can't really test what happens on that machine. What I can say is that my problems started when I updated Firestorm to 6.6.17 (70368) this morning. But that just may have been a coincidence.

8 minutes ago, ChoKotoafa said:

I have a problem with the new version of firestorm. I can't log into the game unless it's very difficult and I can't teleport without crash and stay again 1h to log in.. i really need a discord or  online support pls i can  open sl and nothing

If you are having the same symptoms as others in this thread, it is not Firestorm related (please read through the thread, you will find it is effecting other viewers too)

• Thanks 1

I just finally logged in at my home parcel (not at the home point) with Firestorm 6-6-17-70368, which had been running fine very early today, from around 9:30 pm till about 2 am SLT, until the issues began. Well, I think it still works fine, it's just something that happened somewhere.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wired Georgia said:

I notice the same issues since this morning, its ongoing for 12hours now.

i also opened a support ticket pointing to this thread.

location is europe / germany, provider is 1&1

i never had this kind of issues before, it just started out of the blue this morning about 12h ago.

No matter what region i use as login region, no matter what viewer i use, official or third party viewers like firestorm or cool viewer.

Sometimes i manage to get inworld after 10-20 attempts! But then immediately crash when i try to TP elsewhere.

Even tried an alt.

So for LL support as datapoints maybe lets collect location and provider, maybe there is a pattern somewhere.

I am in Portugal and my ISP is MEO. Testing the connection to Comcast in Portland, Oregon, I was even surprised to get 500 Mbps download in average (tried it a few times).

1 minute ago, Axel Naxos said:

yes

I hope so. But having said that for the past 9 months Firestorm has sporadically died on me or rather my Mac. Full blown crashes when I tried to log in, with crash reports and everything. The only way I have been able to get it back up was completely deleting  everything and then reinstalling. Runs smoothly for a while then crashes again. But what's happening today is nothing like that.  My faith has been shaken somewhat

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Brilliant Price said:

But that just may have been a coincidence.

Thank you, and yes it was a coincidence - like the power outage was too, though I didn't know it at the time - which is annoying because I could have spent those hours doing something more productive, but I needed to get it working as, no doubt, many others too have shops to run, building/creating or DJ/Hosting to do.

AND ... it is still not working!

Update: I have just filed a ticket and quoted this the URL of this topic. Perhaps someone will take note and do something if enough do the same.

Edited by MaxWycliffe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a silly question and one that may have already been adressed but is there any corealation between this login stalling issue and the Operating system for are using?  Like is it just Mac or are all OSs being affected?

I ask because I am still completely unaffected.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.