Connectivity issues?

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Was logged out a while ago, and now the viewers get stuck on region handshake (both Firestorm and the official SL viewer). The web dashboard page takes a while to load.

My internet connection is fine (just reset the router and did some tests), so it seems that Second Life is having some trouble.

22 minutes ago, MBeatrix said:

Was logged out a while ago, and now the viewers get stuck on region handshake (both Firestorm and the official SL viewer). The web dashboard page takes a while to load.

My internet connection is fine (just reset the router and did some tests), so it seems that Second Life is having some trouble.

[EDIT] Now stuck requesting region capabilities (any region I'm trying).

[EDIT 2] Finally got in-world in Loch Linden with the official viewer but teleport fails.

[EDIT 3] Using speedtest.net connecting to Portland, OR Comcast I'm getting around 500 Mbps download and around 90 Mbps upload, average.

[EDIT 4] And stuck connecting to regions again (last one I tried was Loch Linden).

image.jpeg.b66fd5afc042a6698a12edd32dbcd976.jpeg

Edited by MBeatrix
adding info

11 minutes ago, MBeatrix said:

Maybe not at your end, Monty, but it seems to be a problem affecting parts of Europe.

Yes  there really is some nasty glitches going on this side of the pond. Eventually managed in with the SL viewer but teleporting is a disaster. Progress bar froze and then when I quit I suddenly find I'm actually in the destination I tried to reach. Absolutely nutz.

3 minutes ago, Ellie4024 said:

Having same issue on the new FS update, located in US here..... pings Portland just fine, SL is giving the region handshake error. 

My troubles seemed to have started after I did the FS update too I was about to raise it with them but then I found  other viewers including the previous FS were hanging too

1 minute ago, Brilliant Price said:

My troubles seemed to have started after I did the FS update too I was about to raise it with them but then I found  other viewers including the previous FS were hanging too

thanks for the headsup, I was about to contact FS folks about it.... if its any viewers.... blergh.....

9 minutes ago, Monty Linden said:

Need to see those log files to know what's going on.  I just did 10 TPs in 60s so this smells regional.

So you know, I've been in Live Chat Support with Raine Linden. A ticket was created with all out chat. I will check back later, as I need to go out and do some real life work.

If you need the viewer logs, please let me know here how I can send them to you.

OK this is odd.  I got in with absolutely no issues.  I'm running FS 6.6.17 70368, which is the latest release,but it was an RC when I d/l'd it.  I wonder if the login bug-fix mentioned in the notes is the cure? Or am I somehow special? :)

ETA at 7:54 SLT: several TPs later I'm still OK.

Edited by Aishagain
ETA

If you are having issues with login (esp if you are on the new Firestorm 6.6.17) please download the latest LL viewer and try that for a while. There is no obvious reason why the FS update should cause problems, so we need to understand if it is isolated to the viewer. 

3 hours ago, Aishagain said:

OK this is odd.  I got in with absolutely no issues.  I'm running FS 6.6.17 70368, which is the latest release,but it was an RC when I d/l'd it.  I wonder if the login bug-fix mentioned in the notes is the cure? Or am I somehow special? :)

ETA at 7:54 SLT: several TPs later I'm still OK.

You are always special @Aishagain😉

However, it is unlikely, the login bugfix is the cure, as it was very obscure and triggered if the user had previously logged out with the ctrl-shift-1 statistics bar open. Moreover, people are seemingly seeing this on other versions and other viewers. Never say never though, which is why I need people affected to try on other viewers and other locations.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.