Land Sales Crash

Diablo Lioncourt

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have seen 512s for over 100K.  Just like in the corporeal world asking price only counts when a parcel or house sells for that price :D.  

Depends on the 512, they are not all the same.

I know one that is currently on sale for close to 90k, but it's 4x protected with street access, double prims, Adult and close to the sea, with a great view. It'll be a slow sale for sure if the owner keeps the price that high, but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone got it eventually.

That being said, some people list parcels for prices that are completely absurd just so they show up as yellow on the map, and draw attention. They don't really intend to sell the land.

Edited by Clem Marques
Added the last sentence.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

Depends on the 512, they are not all the same.

I know one that is currently on sale for close to 90k, but it's 4x protected with street access, double prims, Adult and close to the sea, with a great view. It'll be a slow sale for sure if the owner keeps the price that high, but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone got it eventually.

That being said, some people list parcels for prices that are completely absurd just so they show up as yellow on the map, and draw attention. They don't really intend to sell the land.

Saw you had one in Horizons at a reasonable price for Horizons.  I was tempted.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that as the pandemic winded down, a lot of good land was abandoned or quickly sold below market, causing a significant number of long-time mainlanders to move to more expensive areas that previously weren't available or feasible. 

This resulted in "quiet" places becoming more quiet.

On the adult side, demand is solid so the market corrected itself. On moderate, overall demand is weak and it's probably not going to get better.

Having said that, there's still a lot more people who want direct sailing, Bay City, etc than there are parcels like that on the grid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Adult is certainly okay I think sales-wise.

My male alt (2048) just bought a decently priced A-rated parcel so that he/we/I can host a long-running tenant on 1024 of it and a new tenant on the other 1024. Not a ton of income but I'll have the purchase price paid off in less than 18 weeks so that seemed reasonable to me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, belindacarson said:

Yet People can buy abandoned land for 1l$ a metre, including moderate

Which is why non-coastal, non-roadside, non-double-prim, M rated drek with no "amazing view" sells for LESS than 1 L$ / m.

It's usually not worth more.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Which is why non-coastal, non-roadside, non-double-prim, M rated drek with no "amazing view" sells for LESS than 1 L$ / m.

It's usually not worth more.

but perfect if you just want simple land such as a skybox.

and a heck of a lot cheaper than paying some prices, which is *why* i tell people about it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, belindacarson said:

but perfect if you just want simple land such as a skybox

And why I live on a non-coastal, non-roadside, non-double-prim, non-scenic-view, M rated middle of nowhere drek parcel, that we bought for 1 L$/m.

And laughed my ass off when some schmuck tried selling ( and failed miserably )the 4096 next door for 12.5/m.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From a browser logged-in to your SL account, you can start at https://search.secondlife.com/?search_type=land&land_type=mainland&method=buy&maturity=gma&query_term= , filter by size and maybe sort by price.

But that's very general. I think most people eventually decide on whereabouts they'd like to buy and open the map with For Sale turned on and look for yellow of about the right size.

You can also snoop around for abandoned land in areas of interest and file a support ticket requesting it (or part of it) be set for sale to you. If they agree, it'll be L$1/m². If instead they need to bring it to auction, that's another way of shopping for land. The daily selection is pretty limited but over a few days there's quite a lot of variety that comes up. But buying at auction can be frustrating until one internalizes the blind bidding process. Still, sloping around the "Recently Closed Auctions" can be an education in what sells and for what price—sometimes to flippers, and sometimes to neighbors in a bidding war.

Edited by Qie Niangao
(typo)
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, PapiG said:

What is the best way to actually find land for sale..not rent?

I recommend just looking at the map and visiting any parcels highlighted in yellow that look interesting to you, and checking how much the owner wants for it. It's how I do it, and how I have managed to find some very good deals when it comes to buying land. 

There are also the auctions and abandoned land that can be purchased, as @Qie Niangao explained above. I highly recommend buying abandoned land at 1 L$/m2 in a Moderate region if all you want is a home or a private space which can be built in a skybox. Very affordable.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, PapiG said:

What is the best way to actually find land for sale..not rent?

If you are using firestorm, the best way to find land for sale is the inworld search. There are filters for size and price, and sim rating. Thats how i find all my parcels 😁

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

double prim Adult land

Same here :D I'll add a small guide for those interested in these types of parcels, so that they can also check the map for sales instead of being restricted to search:

• Horizons
  • Coastal regions near Kama City
  • Island between Ursula Bay and Troyes Bay in Zindra, off the coast in Kama City (Cinyris)

800px-LDPW_Map_Zindra_Medium.thumb.jpg.d1ffec9757a47f4ea917bd1435b27893.jpg

List of double prim adult regions outside of Horizons: Leonards Field, Pengallen Bridge, Oxbrow, Laffoon, Eichorn Cove, Corchalo, Demelo, Fishergate, Predrow, Boardwater, Osbourne Walk, Osbourne Beach, Wendersley, Conroy, Calintreau, Mosh South (Protected Land), Morgarsen, Novarez, McFarren, Paxson, Leuran, Popke, Vanauken, Hessen, Armanado, Farside, Barnaby Point, MacMorris, Villareal, Garleon, Gilda Pointe, Keturah, Pimuenti, Yardol, Sondraman, Kessler

Edited by Clem Marques
Added Villareal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Also Villareal.

For all I know, there may be more; if there's an "official" list of these, I don't know about it.

Thank you. I added it to the list. Might help someone.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, Clem Marques said:

Pengallen Bridge

My own double prim parcel is here. Thanks for the list!

1 hour ago, PapiG said:

ok , something new to me.. "double primmed" ?

It means, you get "two times" the normal "Land Impact" / "Prim Allowance" that you normally would for a parcel of the same size.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
On 4/12/2024 at 8:36 PM, Clem Marques said:

Pengallen Bridge

My own double prim parcel is here. Thanks for the list!

Wow, I'm one of your neighbors then! :D Leonards Field

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1