What Would You Like to Remove From Second Life Permanently?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The chat bubbles or better said the notification bubbles that pop up top right of the screen when you have minimized the chat window. Each time I need the huds or inventory in a otherwhise clutter free screen, those notification bubbles of chat in VIP channels rain down over whatever hud or window that I have placed there. It's annoying, time consumming and it is worse then in the times that Windows XP was overrun by pop ups. 

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

The chat bubbles or better said the notification bubbles that pop up top right of the screen

some things to reduce notifications clutter on top right of screen

1) menu: Advanced \ Show Debug Settings \ NotificationToastLifeTime = 0. This disappears notification dialogs (like group notices) pretty much instantly to the Notifications panel lists

2) menu: Me \ Preferences \ Chat \ IMs. Set option to anything other than: Pop up the message. Like set to Flash toolbar button or No action

3) menu: Me \ Preferences \ Notifications. Here we can turn off other types of notifications that can appear on top right screen. Things like:
   - Warn me about my avatar complexity changes
   - Warn me if my avatar complexity may be too high
   - Warn me when my HUD complexity is too high
   - etc etc, as you prefer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

some things to reduce notifications clutter on top right of screen

1) menu: Advanced \ Show Debug Settings \ NotificationToastLifeTime = 0. This disappears notification dialogs (like group notices) pretty much instantly to the Notifications panel lists

2) menu: Me \ Preferences \ Chat \ IMs. Set option to anything other than: Pop up the message. Like set to Flash toolbar button or No action

3) menu: Me \ Preferences \ Notifications. Here we can turn off other types of notifications that can appear on top right screen. Things like:
   - Warn me about my avatar complexity changes
   - Warn me if my avatar complexity may be too high
   - Warn me when my HUD complexity is too high
   - etc etc, as you prefer

Thanks for the hints.

21 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

The chat bubbles or better said the notification bubbles that pop up top right of the screen when you have minimized the chat window. Each time I need the huds or inventory in a otherwhise clutter free screen, those notification bubbles of chat in VIP channels rain down over whatever hud or window that I have placed there. It's annoying, time consumming and it is worse then in the times that Windows XP was overrun by pop ups. 

Yep. Clean up the interface. Zero need for chat messages to display like that.

I wish there was a "peace" mode that isn't unavailable etc, just one that shuts everything up and stops any chat messages, group notices etc. Essentially a mode that just makes me ignore everything social about SL...

I say not 'unavailable' because that comes with some huge compromises that make it annoying. Aside from the people who take offence to me being in this mode (seriously) it also makes it difficult to interact with anything since it blocks all script dialogs etc as well.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

Any wearable object that’s larger than maybe a 10m square cube. Or at least they should be hidden by default unless you choose “show oversized attachments” or something.

Making the mistake of standing at a social island for more than 3 minutes before someone goes nuts with a fullbright white block the size of the entire pavilion and begins to spin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 3:29 PM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Remember that oddball who demanded that people in Belli shouldn't be allowed to use non-Mole brand 3rd party home and garden items, because it "broke his immersion" when he had to wait for several seconds, for the custom content to rez in when he was perve camming other people's Belli homes.

Same guy who refused to teleport anywhere because "slurls are not secure and using one means ChiCom Hackers from Moscow will take over your PC, and send North Korean Death Commandos to burn your Bible" if you dared teleport anywhere.

Wait a minute, I know this guy!

He won't give permissions for Experiences because they might use his camera controls to steal his privacy! OMG, I didn't know he got around so much!

What I would get rid of? Can't think of anything, really. All my enemies are already dead.

Banlines, maybe. Those kinda suck.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.