In need of more Linden 2048 square meters homes

Eli Vespucciano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Chloe, that pond is absolutely beautiful!

Thank you - if you get your water in at 1 or 2 li and the rock groups at 2 - 5 each it can work really well especially raising the height and adding the deep option in that Skye water menu. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

You already know the answer to that.   

I know what I WANT the answer to be!

I think that, whenever a new 2048 theme appears, many current rancheros will dash off to the new shiny.  So it isn't IMPOSSIBLE that LL would slow down release of new Ranch regions now until they see how a new theme works out, particularly if the new release turns out to be as early as mid-December.

Besides, LL still has the original tiles for Ranches active up in the SSP zone.  They could deploy new Ranches ANY time ... making the likely arrival of ranches, Very Very Soon™

"Soon™" means .... well ... all in good time.

*Boops Quartz and sashays off*

• Haha 3

Heeerreee I come sneaking in on this thread lol.

Do you know what I wish?  I wish we could have premium, with the extra land and themed, BUT have the option to rez our own house if we don't want to use the options LL gives us.   Of course, we'd have to stay, within the prim count we are allotted, AND adhere to the theme.    I hope that made sense lol.   I say this bc I'm horrible at decorating a parcel AND I love to switch out houses like shoes lol.  Every time I see a house that I fancy I have to get it lol.  My inventory is full of houses! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I know what I WANT the answer to be!

I think that, whenever a new 2048 theme appears, many current rancheros will dash off to the new shiny.  So it isn't IMPOSSIBLE that LL would slow down release of new Ranch regions now until they see how a new theme works out, particularly if the new release turns out to be as early as mid-December.

Besides, LL still has the original tiles for Ranches active up in the SSP zone.  They could deploy new Ranches ANY time ... making the likely arrival of ranches, Very Very Soon™

"Soon™" means .... well ... all in good time.

*Boops Quartz and sashays off*

maybe they should add  2048 to the Victorians or the Traditional at Bellissima  .. i think if that was done would fly also .. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Heeerreee I come sneaking in on this thread lol.

Do you know what I wish?  I wish we could have premium, with the extra land and themed, BUT have the option to rez our own house if we don't want to use the options LL gives us.   Of course, we'd have to stay, within the prim count we are allotted, AND adhere to the theme.    I hope that made sense lol.   I say this bc I'm horrible at decorating a parcel AND I love to switch out houses like shoes lol.  Every time I see a house that I fancy I have to get it lol.  My inventory is full of houses! 😂

I would disagree because it would look like a dump...because people will throw off the theme ..

• Like 1

• Moles
On 10/23/2023 at 4:17 PM, EnchantrixLisa said:

I wish we could have premium, with the extra land and themed, BUT have the option to rez our own house if we don't want to use the options LL gives us.

We tried that. It was called Horizons. Double LI parcels in a futuristic theme. It's the reason why the Bellisseria covenant stipulates "Residents must use one of the houses provided." https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019#Linden_Homes_Covenant

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

We tried that. It was called Horizons. Double LI parcels in a futuristic theme. It's the reason why the Bellisseria covenant stipulates "Residents must use one of the houses provided." https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019#Linden_Homes_Covenant

To be honest, the futuristic homes provided in Horizons are nowhere near the quality of the homes in Bellisseria.  If the homes provided were better, I'd certainly prefer to use one.  

• Like 1

Horizons is also (imo) full of just as many eyesores as the rest of mainland precisely because anyone can build what they want. Unfortunately, not everyone has good taste and what each person considers good is different than their neighbor. If you don't mind potentially living next to a flashing neon club or plywood house so long as you get to use your home, I'd recommend seeking out mainland. You could also use your home in a skybox over 2000m. I'm glad people have the choice of how they use their tier. Bellisseria isn't for everyone and that's ok. 

Would be cool to have some double LI parcels in Belli though! I would love a camper but the 512 limit is just too low to do what I want. 

• Like 1

Obviously, there would be rules to adhere to just as there are now.  Being able to rez a home that meets LL requirements for a particular them shouldn't change that. Also, people are able to fully decorate their parcels now and some aren't that great tbh but they do and to each their own. My derender finger is quick to make things disappear from my eyes.  I am currently renting and I have also done the parcel "buy."  Again, this is simply based on wishful thinking. 

• Like 1

• Moles
6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

To be honest, the futuristic homes provided in Horizons are nowhere near the quality of the homes in Bellisseria.  If the homes provided were better, I'd certainly prefer to use one.  

They weren't, no. They also had to be under a very low LI threshold so the parcels could be double prim. In Belli we put that LI into the houses and surrounding deco instead.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

They weren't, no. They also had to be under a very low LI threshold so the parcels could be double prim. In Belli we put that LI into the houses and surrounding deco instead.

Whilst it is debatable whether what has happened with Horizons was an aesthetic success, I think the fact that occupancy rates or at least tier paid for the land must be pretty close to 100% shows it was a business success.

In some regards I suppose Horizons is like a revisioned adult Bay City. Bellisseria has learnt from both in some regards, but perhaps there are other models that could be tried that learn from that. Or perhaps just expand the projects where success has made buying into it prohibitively expensive because of demand.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.