Ideas for a "More Realistic Experience" in Second Life

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I've seen hair shops with hair salon equipment and tattoo shops with tattoo equipment. What about mesh body, head, and skin shops with plastic surgery equipment?

"New You" scene in the "Logan's Run" movie (poorly reconstructed version):

Ā 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Cremation, so you don't have to reserve a parcel to store avatar remains, or carry their corpses in your inventory.

There are pet memorial cemeteries in SL, which I think is a lovely idea. It would probably be in bad taste to show up at one in a zombie dog avatar (ref. Stephen King's Pet Semetary) though.

That would be a good Halloween theme for a club though, a Dead Man's Party.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are pet memorial cemeteries in SL, which I think is a lovely idea. It would probably be in bad taste to show up at one in zombie dog avatar (ref. Stephen King's Pet Cemetary) though.

There is a new "Pet Sematery" origin story movie coming out soon. Reminder to cremate your pets and loved ones!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 3:32 AM, Marigold Devin said:

Thanks for that, that's just brilliant.Ā 

Thank you!Ā  It was one of the nicest spots I happened to snag when playing that "create a new alt account just to snag a cool Linden Home location before anyone else grabs it" game lolĀ  I lucked out, but it was the ninth account I was paying for (glad I went to SL Rehab to kick that costly habit).Ā  Here's a better picture.Ā  I plopped down the street sign (please don't ask for marketplace item url's, as it would take me forever to find stuff) and gave the waterways relevant names for the regions, Baleen and Carnival.Ā  Then I put down the bus stop to get a public transportation feel, and stuck the water taxi delivery box on top of it so it's clear it's for a water taxi, not a bus driving on water.Ā  I stuck the actual water taxi rezzer object in the sand, and connected everything to make it all one object (I think).Ā  I added the sparkly globe on top for flourish, and edited the bus stop's street ad to have something more relevant for Belli --Ā  An image I made of an "ad" for the Pickle stand:

WaterTaxi_002.thumb.png.d597c1ef99e05968964117b72cd8f49a.png

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
for additional information
  • Like 5

On 9/26/2023 at 12:58 AM, Sid Nagy said:

More realism, really?

-Trash cans, that need to be put out every week on a given day.

There's actually one made by Lusch Motors, the Hermes modular truck. It comes with trash bins that you need to empty once a week. We have it in a residential sim were I live.

sdasdasdsad.JPG.1b7a4fe868db9b3823c47390bbd39cad.JPG

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2023 at 2:02 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

I've seen hair shops with hair salon equipment and tattoo shops with tattoo equipment. What about mesh body, head, and skin shops with plastic surgery equipment?

The Kowloon sim had an eye shop with pans of eyes lying around. Be careful of what you wish for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2023 at 11:39 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Here's a thread for ideas that could make Second Life activities seem "more realistic" and also provide some other benefit.

An example: "Partner/Men's Waiting Areas" at Shopping Locations (like at RL Shopping Malls)

Is your already-crowded and congested shopping destination made even worse, by men who tag along with their women partners for shopping?

Provide a "bench" or other seating area, for partners/men to wait while your core demographic is shopping!

This way, the men don't "get in the way" or have to follow their partner into the shopping area itself.

Bonus: If the man is good at "camming", he can still follow your shopping, so you can discuss your potential choices while you shop.

Little did you know, the half of the men are just as interested in the shopping as the woman they're with because they're looking for items for their own female avatar too >:D!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

JW & Mormon missionaries going door to door in Bellisseria

I loathe the whole concept of Bellicosia, and I'm not fond of most Bellicosians I meet, but spamming them with missionaries?

That's straying into "War Crime" territory.

Nonononononono

Ā 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

And they'd take my guns away.

They already do this in half the Sims I go to. Somehow having fake gun in a fake world ( even a useless , un-scripted one , purely for aesthetic purposes ) is somehow a crime.Ā  Somehow unwelcoming in their own wordsĀ  . My avatar , my rules ! Dx

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

They already do this in half the Sims I go to. Somehow having fake gun in a fake world ( even a useless , un-scripted one , purely for aesthetic purposes ) is somehow a crime.Ā  Somehow unwelcoming in their own wordsĀ  . My avatar , my rules ! Dx

Yeah, more like their sim, their rules. But hey, own a sim and you can gun a lot.

Or just be me. I gun a lot and nobody stops me.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

House hunting (hopping) in Belli usually takes just a few minutes, and the five choices per day run out quite quickly, so I thought I would add to the realism by driving / boating / walking to each new possibility thrown up by the web-page.
As I was following the @Sid NagyĀ method, of swapping house styles each time I thought this would be an interesting challenge, a good way to get a sense of the neighbourhood of each home, and create a chance to see and appreciate more of the Mole's wonderful work on the way.
I started in the morning, and by mid-afternoon I had viewed two homes, got lost multiple times, had to swim to a lighthouse island when my boat sank and ran out of fuel for my car, causing me to walk some distance until I worked out how to disable the warning.
When the web-site kicked up choice number three right in the centre of the log home continent I wavered in my quest. Those dirt tracks with multiple switchbacks, the cunningly hidden rez zones, the ever present map confusion where roads and trackways are only vaguely represented, all of these felt overwhelming. So I bought a cheap helicopter, as you do, and spent as much time plummeting as I did flying but it did speed things up a bit.
Eventualy, around tea-time, after much circling around the area, I finally found my house, staggered through the door, and decided never to move again (at least this week!).

It would obviously be utterly frustrating to never use the teleport system, or to ban my avatar from flying, but this experience has made me wonder if all my previous flitting about has insulated me from some of the fun that SL has to offer, and 'making things more realistic' is just one of the ways to achieve this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I loathe the whole concept of Bellicosia, and I'm not fond of most Bellicosians I meet, but spamming them with missionaries?

That's straying into "War Crime" territory.

Nonononononono

Ā 

How do you feel about periodic random earthquakes that throws everyone's stuff all over the place so they have to keep moving it all back?Ā  Or is that too evil?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

How do you feel about periodic random earthquakes that throws everyone's stuff all over the place so they have to keep moving it all back?Ā  Or is that too evil?

Well, Belli is basically supposed to be an American Suburbia Experience, and Americans are well known for building such things in places with welcoming names like "Tornado Valley" or "San Stupidico Fault Line".

Ā 

So maybe JUST for Belli... Tornados to leave their houses upside down in a neighbour's tree, and the occasional incident of the ground opening up and just swallowing the house and everything in it.

Ā 

People always seem to want beach front Belli parcels, right? So, having half a desert themed Belli sim sink into the see, would mean FREE beach front upgrades for the survivors.

Ā 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

My stuff is secured, so I'm not worried.

I used to get tremors on mainland from time to time, especially when I'd been moving land around. Since I lived near the center of the dormant Heterocera Atol volcano, I figured it was from that. Thank goodness it never erupted. I think Belli is built on a chain of pretty recently surfaced volcanic islands though. Mt. Soji is the largest of the volcanos, but I saw one in Fantasseria and I've heard there are volcanos in the Log Home and Chalet regions too.

Honestly, I'd be more worried if I lived in a Stilt Home, because that sand doesn't seem like a great base for houses and people keep talking about islands sinking into the sea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Maybe there needs to be a way for you to get a concealed carry license?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.