Massive multi-region sky dome over the region my linden home is in...

UnilWay SpiritWeaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EDIT: It's gone now.

So...

This showed up and is messing up my sky. I'm having a lot of trouble even targeting it to find the owner for a report. But it reaches down to ground and warps what the sky looks like throughout my region and likely several around it given the size...

The audacity of some people to think putting up a giant multi region dome is acceptable.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 005612.png

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Sad 5

Located it in a region near me...

This thing is covering the sky on my home. It's not phantom but I think that means it will only mess up movement if I try to move in the region it's actually in. 

It is however, completely messing up my environment settings. It's adding both flow and a bunch of stars into the sky - regardless of the time of day.

It's even distorted the map for a bit:

Screenshot2023-09-02023657.png.e8c42efc14f1a449c3f3bdf4b93cb652.png

It's got a 950m height, and is a half circle dome - so that means it likely radiates out 4 regions in every direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I assume you ARed it? I would guess that governance would be quick on something like that which effects so many people

Yeah I AR'd it. Actually ended up doing that twice because the first time I had no idea where it was. Once I located it, I did another AR, ended up encountering their security Orb, and AR'd that as well.

I know we're not supposed to multi-AR the same thing... But since my first AR would have left the governance team scanning around looking for it, and there's no 'edit your report' option (unless there is and I'm clueless) - I filed again.

Frustrating because I mulled over the location I've got for weeks before taking it.

This sucker extends down from it's center in Knuckle Head all the way to the border between Midas Touch and Catnap. Catnap is 4 regions to the south, but it ends on the border there, and is a circle so it goes that far north, west, and east as well. I think that totals about 9 regions that it hit.

Dialing down the freak out. :)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Yeah I AR'd it. Actually ended up doing that twice because the first time I had no idea where it was. Once I located it, I did another AR, ended up encountering their security Orb, and AR'd that as well.

It's still there though.

I know governance has a backlog so this one could be there for months...

@Abnor Mole If I have to put in a ticket to pick a new home due to this... I hope they don't refuse me for too many picks in a month. Getting a constructive eviction shouldn't lock me out. Really frustrating because I mulled over the location I've got for weeks before taking it (even as I went through a few other spots, I was trying to decide between this one or keeping a houseboat down in south-west Belli. Sure I could log into each alt and derender this thing, but it's also messing up region performance as I'm basically walking around inside of it and it's hitting every home in 9-16 regions).

It was put there sometime Friday after noon (it wasn't there in the day, when I logged on last night it was) but this sucker extends down from it's center in Knuckle Head all the way to the border between Midas Touch and Catnap. Catnap is 4 regions to the south, but it ends on the border there, and is a circle so it goes that far north, west, and east as well.

Deep breath...............  I know it's frustrating but, if you really love your parcel and, especially, if you chose it with Premium Plus, I would advise trying to be patient and waiting for Linden Lab to do its job.  Unfortunately, it is a holiday, 3-day weekend in the US so it might take a few days.  If you don't value the current spot that highly, just move on as you have AR'd this monster already.  Good luck!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chances are, the owner of it may not even be aware that it's still rezzed out.  If they have their draw distance down, they might not even see it.   Did you try messaging them?   I have a SIM surround from the same place and what happens is, the box it rezzed from sets itself to the center of a region which may not be on the owners parcel, hence they don't see the rez box either.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I know governance has a backlog so this one could be there for months...

Well, no it wouldn't take months lol.  Maybe a week tho ... between Hurricane Idalia wandering through the state (I think it missed the area where their support center is), and Labor Day holiday, yes it could take a few days.

So I would definitely try messaging the owner, preferably using an alt.   Sometimes it can help to quote a relevant sentence from the covenant. 

If it's still there Tuesday morning, say around 10 SLT (peak concurrency!),  I would try dropping a distressed comment into Belli Citizens chat.  Just something like "Oh lord, this person rezzed a Sky Dome that covers FOUR REGIONS and messes up environments, I AR'd it Friday, but it's still there!  I love this parcel but may have to move on ... "  Mayhap a mole might see your angst.  Once I asked in Belli Chat if I should abandon a parcel where a neighbor had done something unsightly, and Patch showed up! 

Morning is not only peak concurrency, but also a common time for status meetings, aka boredom factories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My visit log shows a mole dropped by this morning. But the thing is also still there so I guess (hopefully) moles lack power over this or they didn't find it.

This one got to me both because it hit right on my houseboat, and because it reminded me so much of the kinds of things I used to see years ago on mainland - when people would put up things going after other builds for multiple regions around them.

We had a recent thread in general I think about griefers of the past. They didn't use sky domes - but they did have multi-region particle spammers.

When I did finally locate this thing - it was rezzed out of the side of the guy's houseboat. Not a normal spot to rez something like that so I can only hope it was an accident.

EDIT: It's gone now.

Total tangential PS: I know we're not supposed to have traffic devices on linden homes. Does a thing that makes a log of who visits me and when count as something bad in that regard?

It basically just does this:

somebody visited 1 times, last seen this date and time
someone visited 3 times, last seen that date and time
Based on parcel detection every half a minute or so.

• Like 8

Congrats!  Actually, I think they've changed the covenant wording re: visitor tracking.  All it says now is:

*Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.

So I think you're fine, particularly since you use parcel detection instead of those horrible ancient visitor counters that used sensors.  At this point I would usually share my visitor counter script, but I'm currently reworking it to use linkset data.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.