Best head and body??

Clarke Millar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now here's a topic I'm sure we can all agree on 😂

Male I assume? I'll go ahead and say the best body is Belleza Jake. This will prompt someone else to say it's Legacy Male. Then someone will say Gianni is best, then the giant steroid enhanced Karios will come in and say it's the best.

It's all down to your preference, I just look at the men though and I like the Jakes and Legacies. I say Jake is best though because it's cheap, it's widely supported and it also looks good but apparently has some silly quirks like all bodies.

Something we can all agree on and a universal truth is that Lelutka make the best heads though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Other factors to keep in mind. Outfits for the avatar, do you want a body with easy access to gear to dress up the avatar or do you not mind the "one time dressed it's good for the lifetime?. Going, especially for the head, going for the standard SL UV BOM skins or EVO X skins (launch of GenusProject male heads in mind of next week and the LOGO update to EVO X releases in the coming weeks)? What's the budget you want to spend on it, does money not matter or do you have a certain amount as limit? As above said, LeLUTKA has male heads, but so does Akeruka (AK ADVX range of them are only EVO X enabled, LOGO (current still SL UV based BOM, but in progress of updating to EVO X/SL UV BOM), GA.EG (some are pure SL UV, some are already EVO X) and bunch of others where I don't have info over them. 

Demo everything. Grab demo skins, hair, and demo outfits for your demo heads and bodies and try everything on together.

There is no best - it all comes down to what bodies have a wide range of clothing that matches your personal style and what heads have the facial features you prefer.

Gianni, Jake, and Legacy M/Athletic have the widest clothing support across all markets. Lelutka and AK heads work on the Evo X map. Male Genus heads (human) are releasing at the end of this month. Bespoke, Static, and Cryptid for non-human fantasy and monster/horror heads.

• Like 1

Demo Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni, and Lagacy Male. These are the 3 most popular male bodies, and all have plenty of skins and clothes for them. Their shapes and HUDs vary, so you need to see for yourself which you like best.

Jake is the cheapest, has an easy-to-use HUD, and includes a modifiable version that can have the applier layers stripped off to create the lightest of the top male bodies. It's my favorite for my male alt, but it doesn't go very muscular and some complain it has a "bubble butt".

Gianni is a solid choice and looks good. It's the middle priced option. I have this body for my guy alt too, but it's just not my favorite.

Legacy is the most expensive, the heaviest to render, and has a HUD that's partially dependent on an outside server. I personally don't like Legacy bodies, but they are very popular.

Lelutka EvoX are the most popular heads and have a button in their HUDs that allow them to switch between Evolution (SLUV) skins and EvoX skins. This feature lets them use both the new EvoX skins and older skins you may already own.

Most of the other mesh head makers are now making EvoX compatible heads that are cheaper than Lelutka's but don't allow you to switch between EvoX and the older SLUV skins.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

41 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Most of the other mesh head makers are now making EvoX compatible heads that are cheaper than Lelutka's but don't allow you to switch between EvoX and the older SLUV skins.

Akeruka: EVO X only for the AK ADVX range, LOGO when updated and if like the female heads EVO X & SL UV by a flick of the switch (and I believe they can still be used with the Omega relay), GA.EG if they are BoMGenX (EVO X) come with an EVO X enabled head and a SL UV head in the package.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Kinda sorta. Most heads are both and there's a lot of SLUV support (just not in the new/current skin market where it counts).

Lel is SLUV & Evo X.

Newest AK ADVX is Evo X. Older AK ADV is SLUV.

Catwa only has one current male head last I checked - SLUV-ish.

Genus will be a new custom HD UV and SLUV. Appliers and BOM. No Evo X at all.

GA:EG is Evo X and SLUV.

Rebirth is 2KBOM (SLUV compatible) and Evo X.

I have no idea what LOGO is doing. I could've sworn I heard rumors that they got Evo X perms, but I'm out of the loop on that brand. Edit: That's funny - just got a random LOGO redelivery. It's now Evo X compatible with SLUV as well. Switched back and forth in the HUD.

Bespoke has a mix. SLUV for some (mostly older). Evo X-only for some. Evo X & SLUV both for their newest releases (this is their new standard - two heads and two skins come in each set - one for each UV map). Custom UV for some.

Cryptid is Evo X.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I have no idea what LOGO is doing. I could've sworn I heard rumors that they got Evo X perms, but I'm out of the loop on that brand. Edit: That's funny - just got a random LOGO redelivery. It's now Evo X compatible with SLUV as well. Switched back and forth in the HUD.

For those wondering, the updates of the LOGO heads are in fact new heads build from scratch, with addressing the bugs of the older heads. Maximilian made it even so that the skins that were included with one head can be used on other heads of LOGO. Also, each head comes with 6ish body skin tones and matching ear & head layers. Price, after update, will remain the same if you want/have to buy a head (metthinks 2499 Linden is a reasonable price). 

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

For those wondering, the updates of the LOGO heads are in fact new heads build from scratch, with addressing the bugs of the older heads. Maximilian made it even so that the skins that were included with one head can be used on other heads of LOGO. Also, each head comes with 6ish body skin tones and matching ear & head layers. Price, after update, will remain the same if you want/have to buy a head (metthinks 2499 Linden is a reasonable price). 

I think the LOGO group is free, if you just want the group gifts. They regularly have  discounted heads for group members too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So far, only my Bella head was sent via redelivery. I've got the Jace as well, but I may have to manually redeliver that one.

Funny enough, I forgot I even had those heads. I think they were freebies a year or two ago? Cool that they updated them!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

So far, only my Bella head was sent via redelivery. I've got the Jace as well, but I may have to manually redeliver that one.

Funny enough, I forgot I even had those heads. I think they were freebies a year or two ago? Cool that they updated them!

The Bella and Chelsea were the first two heads to be updated. The Willow & Chase head plus some others are in the pipeline to be updated next week. Take in mind that Max has to remake the heads from scratch and keeping the form of the head in tact with all the changes in mind.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

The Bella and Chelsea were the first two heads to be updated. The Willow & Chase head plus some others are in the pipeline to be updated next week. Take in mind that Max has to remake the heads from scratch and keeping the form of the head in tact with all the changes in mind.

From what little I could see (I haven't played with them much), the heads don't suit my style very much (I mostly wear AK and Catwa for human and other brands for fantasy/monster heads these days), but it's nice that they're including the freebies in their update round either way. Maybe I'll do some testing with them and some fantasy skins one of these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Other factors to keep in mind. Outfits for the avatar, do you want a body with easy access to gear to dress up the avatar or do you not mind the "one time dressed it's good for the lifetime?. Going, especially for the head, going for the standard SL UV BOM skins or EVO X skins (launch of GenusProject male heads in mind of next week and the LOGO update to EVO X releases in the coming weeks)? What's the budget you want to spend on it, does money not matter or do you have a certain amount as limit? As above said, LeLUTKA has male heads, but so does Akeruka (AK ADVX range of them are only EVO X enabled, LOGO (current still SL UV based BOM, but in progress of updating to EVO X/SL UV BOM), GA.EG (some are pure SL UV, some are already EVO X) and bunch of others where I don't have info over them. 

Money is no object, and I want to be able to wear lots of clothes.

• Like 2

If you force me to say what male body is the most beautiful, I have to say Legacy. I do not like that it is so heavy to render, but gods, it is pleasing to look upon. I loved it when it was TMP, but let us not talk about the frustration of the past. I could say many negative things about TMP, but I always said the look of the bodies was supreme.

I still say it about Legacy male.

No one of my alts have Legacy, though. I do not recommend it usually, but since you say money is no matter... it is well supported too. 

Three alts have Belleza Jake and one has Signature. The more I look at Signature, the more I dislike the shoulders and upper arms.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The more I look at Signature, the more I dislike the shoulders and upper arms.

That's my issue with the Jake too. I tried to revive my old TMP t'other day but the skin applier no longer works and he remained as white as alabaster. Alas. In fact I prefer senra blake arms and sholders to jakes.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

That's my issue with the Jake too. I tried to revive my old TMP t'other day but the skin applier no longer works and he remained as white as alabaster. Alas. In fact I prefer senra blake arms and sholders to jakes.

Legacy is 50% off for Black Friday, or Black Week. I bet on it.

Maybe they have a sale before that, too.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Clarke Millar said:

Money is no object, and I want to be able to wear lots of clothes.

1. Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni and Legacy Male all have plenty of clothes. Legacy Athletic might have a bit less clothing, but I'm not sure because I don't shop often for my male alt. Demo each of those bodies to see which one you like best. Even though Legacy looks great, I've heard  it has rendering issues over 4000 m, so try it on at 5000 m or so.

Pick the body with the shape, HUD and options you like best.

2. Since money is not an issue, go straight to Lelutka and Demo their male EvoX heads. These can be adjusted a bit, but the nose, lips and chin will have the most limited range. Use a shape included with these heads, then adjust it. Don't try to adjust a shape made for a mesh body to work with your head unless it says it's made for Lelutka or EvoX, because it will probably look weird and will be too hard to fix.

3. Once you've picked a mesh body and head that you like, then go looking for a skin or skins that you like on that head. Most skin stores sell the body skin and head skin separately, and it's important that these match, so you won't have a weird line at your neck. Stay Dog and Valour are popular for men's skins, but there are other stores too.

4. Join the "L'Homme Magazine" group for recommendations and group gifts on better quality men's items. They have an online magazine too, which I consider to be like the GQ of SL. Go to sales events aimed at men. From there you can see which stores you like best. Take their LMs & join the groups for your favorite stores.

5. My recommendation for the best AO sets is Body Language, but if you use Firestorm, you can mix and match animations in their in-viewer AO for the best of all animations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

i use belleza jake and i hate the arms just sayin. 

Yeah.

I don't like the overdone muscles on ANY of the male bodies. My ideal male avatar for my male alt and for any male AVs I enjoyed looking at would have a build more like somewhere between Bruce Lee and the 'Bishōnen' style (I guess the K-Pop singer body frame - toned but not bulging) rather than Arnold Schwarzenegger, no 'swagger' AO, as well as no beard, no tattoos, no piercings, no jewelry, no super wide thigh gap, and no weird giant ears with loops in them.
- In other words absolutely nothing like 90% of SL men. ;)

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

I'm waiting for my Alexis head to get updated to see how that will work these days..:)

7 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Kinda sorta. Most heads are both and there's a lot of SLUV support (just not in the new/current skin market where it counts).

Lel is SLUV & Evo X.

Newest AK ADVX is Evo X. Older AK ADV is SLUV.

Catwa only has one current male head last I checked - SLUV-ish.

Genus will be a new custom HD UV and SLUV. Appliers and BOM. No Evo X at all.

GA:EG is Evo X and SLUV.

Rebirth is 2KBOM (SLUV compatible) and Evo X.

Bespoke has a mix. SLUV for some (mostly older). Evo X-only for some. Evo X & SLUV both for their newest releases (this is their new standard - two heads and two skins come in each set - one for each UV map). Custom UV for some.

Cryptid is Evo X.

I just seen this in the Genus group notices.. I guess they are going to be dropping these updates in the next few days.. The store is closed at the moment..

The Genus Store is closed for Renovations :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Love from Genus Team ->
https://gyazo.com/3598d60f6da5ae021c6d5320074c594a
A New Generation of Genus Head -> https://gyazo.com/0d131bf4d6a81157f71271c342096fff
Dev Kits -> https://gyazo.com/5da09ef9a71f48478cc258b51d3537ff
Schedule--> 
https://gyazo.com/5720c60fd296b759d9c9a27bbbdbed2f
90% Store Closed for Renovation -> https://gyazo.com/52af961030fd02a1b92fa08c43f55a4b

Love from the Genus Team ❤

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just seen this in the Genus group notices.. I guess they are going to be dropping these updates in the next few days.. The store is closed at the moment..

The Genus Store is closed for Renovations :)
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Love from Genus Team ->
https://gyazo.com/3598d60f6da5ae021c6d5320074c594a
A New Generation of Genus Head -> https://gyazo.com/0d131bf4d6a81157f71271c342096fff
Dev Kits -> https://gyazo.com/5da09ef9a71f48478cc258b51d3537ff
Schedule--> 
https://gyazo.com/5720c60fd296b759d9c9a27bbbdbed2f
90% Store Closed for Renovation -> https://gyazo.com/52af961030fd02a1b92fa08c43f55a4b

Love from the Genus Team ❤

Yup. The male heads will be released August 30th, according to them. Just updates for the female ones (no new mesh).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Yeah.

I don't like the overdone muscles on ANY of the male bodies. My ideal male avatar for my male alt and for any male AVs I enjoyed looking at would have a build more like somewhere between Bruce Lee and the 'Bishōnen' style (I guess the K-Pop singer body frame - toned but not bulging) rather than Arnold Schwarzenegger, no 'swagger' AO, as well as no beard, no tattoos, no piercings, no jewelry, no super wide thigh gap, and no weird giant ears with loops in them.
- In other words absolutely nothing like 90% of SL men. ;)

Have you tried CZ Slim or Anatomy then? They are both great bodies, harder to get clothes for but my alt has both bodies and certainly has a decent enough wardrobe from shopping around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.