LaraX?

Rowan Amore

38 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Just go to the store and click the redelivery terminal. Voila, new LaraX.

If you already own Lara 5.3, you don't even have to go to the store. You can redeliver from home using the body hud. There's a redelivery button in the Misc. tab.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sabrina Nebula said:

Hm, okay so I got the LaraX and LaraPetiteX and I can't wear ANYTHING I own with them. Nothing. So I won't wear it

I DID warn people, oh about 25 or so pages ago. Nobody listened.

33 minutes ago, Orwar said:

The butt has grown quite a lot, both in width and volume. For us skinny folks that's kind of a big deal. 

It's a second rate clone of the FailX Classic, which was a second rate clone of Real-Lara with skinny arms and legs, and a bigger ass. Again, I think I mentioned this about 25 or so pages back. Nobody listened.

1 hour ago, ChandraKusari said:

"Loosing" 50% of my clothes or possible more, since my clothes tend to be a bit more revealing or tight fitting does not make me bounce with happyness.

On the other hand juggling 2 bodies and see which one fits best with the clothes I wanna wear. Also not funs.

*cough* 25 or so pages back, nobody listened.

Has to be said.

"I told you so!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Manually alter the alpha cuts to suit the item, make sure you take off any other autohide items, so the cuts used are JUST the ones for that item.

In local chat:

/95 [partial name of the item] menu

Then you click the buttons to get the alpha cut settings from the body, and finalise. Then take it off, unhide all the cuts, re-add the item and check it's correct, if not, rinse and repeat.

Assuming it uses autohide 5.x, not 3.x or 4.x which if in no mod Real-Lara clothing means you're screwed.

This is very useful, thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanity Fair said:

@Dreamer Pixelmaid told me that apparel maker Dead Doll has stated that "Maitreya Lara X is already available as a free update for customers who have purchased previous Maitreya Lara versions."

This is great! Anybody know of any other clothing creators who have done this behind-the-scenes work for their Lara apparel?

I think you misunderstood her. That comment was about the LaraX not her clothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

The butt has grown quite a lot, both in width and volume. For us skinny folks that's kind of a big deal. 

Before:

Snapshot-003.png

After:

Snapshot-002.png

Not sure if there's such a thing as a butt width deformer, or if I'll have to push the hips in and then use a stronger thigh gap deformer to keep the legs from clipping into each other.

I do like the flank profile being smoother though.

Enabling butt physics meant weighting changed. To make your hips narrow again come back off of zero. The hips will grow more narrow without actually making the butt cheeks stick out much at all. You also will need to adjust saddlebags if you have any enabled.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's a second rate clone of the FailX Classic, which was a second rate clone of Real-Lara with skinny arms and legs, and a bigger ass. Again, I think I mentioned this about 25 or so pages back. Nobody listened.

Has to be said.

"I told you so!"

What you forgot to mention that till this day, Maitreya LARA is still the most worn body in SL, despite newer on the market. All that own it will get a free update. So, do you think that creators will not notice that and adapt/create their stuff towards this new version or they may loose their share in the SL market, which is still a big slice of the pie?

• Haha 1

Well, I got the body, and zero clothes for it. There are very few clothes on the marketplace. What am I to do with this, wait a year until at least the basics are available? :P

I don't know why it's so difficult for SL body creators to ensure widespread support on launch day. That's what everyone else in every field does, or they fail.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Yay, among my faves!!!!

EDIT: I have just redelivered all eight of the things I bought there and none seem updated. They don't have a LaraX size in them at all. Here's the Notice from the group:

Will old releases for lara 5.3 be updated to lara X?
There will NOT be a systematic of old products created for Lara 5.3 to Lara X. Unfortunately I can not afford to add more working hours to my current schedule, with 8 years of past creations to update I am unable to commit my efforts for the enhancement of old products. I might sporadically update older products, there is not a schedule or list of products, these updates will happen at my discretion.

Moving forward all Dead Doll releases will ONLY support Lara X and Petite X.

Given how popular she is, this makes total sense. I assume many other brands will follow suit, given the enormous amount of work it would take to re-rig older clothes. Save your Lindens girls, it's shopping time soon!

We really should start a list of the major brands that have started to update their clothing.

Oh no, I guess that Dead Doll is doing what all the other creators are doing: a strict cut-off of Lara, and only doing LaraX from now on. I guess the information I got was wrong, and I am sorry!

And *YES*, we definitely need a list of the major brands that are updating their clothing (although let's face it, it will be ALL of them!).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Has to be said.

"I told you so!"

Since you quoted me. I did lister or not butts I knew that Lara X will be a new body. So not everything will fit.

When I read about the new release I was thinking that it was interesting but I had no issues with Lara, or I assumed sum of the issues were normal for all bodies. Since I read here I see sum of the issues, so i'm more inclined for sumthing new.

Soooo I was hoping that more clothes would fit Lara X. From whut I read so far I assume that less than 50% of my Lara clothes still fit me.

I am not comfy of having 2 bodies and use Lara with my old clothes and Lara X with new. So I will do sum experimenting and see if I have a better fit raate with lara X or stay Lara or if I want to get rid of the issues switch to maaaybees Legacy, since sumthing between 60% and 75% of the clothes I own are also rigged for Legacy.

8 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

So, do you think that creators will not notice that and adapt/create their stuff towards this new version or they may loose their share in the SL market, which is still a big slice of the pie?

No I didn't ignore that, again, 25 or so pages back, I stated that many merchants will NOT update their years of back catalog to INCLUDE a Not-Lara-Anymore fiit. They will just DROP Real-Lara and going forward, make for Not-Lara-anymore, splitting the biggest market in two.

And just because Real-Lara users get sent a free copy of Lardy-LauraX, does not in anyway mean they will BUY anything for it, and junk many years worth of Real-Lara purchases.

More likely they will just continue to buy Real-Lara items they don't already own, and ignore Lardy-LauraX.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Small tip ... try some of the Legacy sizes if you have them for clothes that clip a bit. Someone in the DD group just mentioned she's had some luck with some outfits that way.

And this is why I am lurking in this thread. These sorts of tips are gold, thanks Katherine!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Has to be said.

"I told you so!"

Yes that's correct, you told us. We listened. But I somehow still believed that the changes would be minimal only. I can wear oversized stuff for sure, but mostly I don't so. Yup. Meh.

• Like 2

Popped in to try the update. HUD redelivery works great and I adooooore Lara X! I didn't have to make a single change to my usual shape (and likely never will) and it already looks a lot better in the arms/shoulders/hips/thighs/butt. It's gorgeous. I eagerly await the release of Flat X.

As I suspected, my mermaid tail doesn't work with the alpha changes, which I fully expected and am not surprised about in the slightest, so I'll just be using 5.3 for those avatars. My furry stuff works great, though the Hoofy Toes and Feety Peets might need some slight adjustments above the ankle - Apricot Paws is usually really fast about stuff like that, so I'll just stick with 5.3 in the meantime.

As for the wardrobe, no biggie - I also expected I'll need to start up a new one, so not even concerned with that. I'm happy running around in 5.3 while the market catches up but woooo, this body is prettyyyyyy.

The included lingerie is really nice, btw.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is that a brand?

If you mean the ones included with Feety Peets and Hoofy Toes, then no, as your feet are hidden and they're built into the mod.

Generically, not a brand, the foot "pads" on Furries and RL animals are often referred to as "toe beans". 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can wear a lot with the new body, because I own a lot that can use alpha cuts on the new body.

Unsurprising, all lingerie, swimwear and tops with only straps over the shoulders do not fit. It was as expected.

Lace tops that can not use alpha, is also out of the question.

But I am the queen of sweaters and other "modest" clothes, so I can continue to use a lot of clothes.

Auto alpha in the clothes is going to be a nuisance. I will have to make save sticks with the new alpha cuts, but I suppose I must click "show all" first in the Maitreya HUD and then use the save stick.

I have not tested a save stick.

Try some arm bands and wraps. You can definitely see that things here won’t work. 

• Like 1

I'm actually looking forward to a sort of clean-up opportunity it represents. A whole new wardrobe, built slowly and ideally with more care than my 5.3 (mostly Petite) wardrobe.

I'm gonna organize it all better too, I promise. I also won't buy more stuff than I need, I'm super sure I'll stick to that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Generically, not a brand, the foot "pads" on Furries and RL animals are often referred to as "toe beans". 🙂

I know what toe beans are, but they're built into the mods I mentioned, so no reason for them to not be working. I mentioned the part above the ankle as that's where the foot mod attaches and on Lara X, it's positioned a slight bit off from the main leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

For us newbies, should we go directly to LaraX?

Or, given initial differences in rigging, use Lara, then wait and use LaraX for clothes designed specifically for LaraX?

Right now you have choices of like a handful of outfits and nudity if you go for the LaraX, so no. Maybe eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1