Have the forums changed?

cirleen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

I have been on other forums where this exact scenario has played out with regards to sockpuppet trolls, and it does become hard to trust whether someone is genuine or not, so I totally understand that perspective now because it's made me paranoid before.

I myself am more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt (unless there's massive red flags), but that's just me and I understand if others feel differently.

Ya, I don't even bother to keep  track of that kind of thing.. I really have better things to do than  let them rent space in my head.. hehehe

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I don't even bother to keep  track of that kind of thing.. I really have better things to do than  let them rent space in my head.. hehehe

I must have plenty of space in my head, because I keep finding people I'm not fond of camping out in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I must have plenty of space in my head, because I keep finding people I'm not fond of camping out in it.

TIL, the song with "In your head.." is "Zombie"!

In your head, in your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
What's in your head, in your head?
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie-ie, oh

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I need to make a new grocery order...I am out of blueberries!!!!!!!!!!!!    and yogurt

Be careful to get organic ones if you can. Blueberries were recently listed as one of the fruits most contaminated by pesticides. Blackberries are good too, btw.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

TIL, the song with "In your head.." is "Zombie"!

In your head, in your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
What's in your head, in your head?
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie-ie, oh

Great, now I've gone from thinking of Blueberries to thinking of Cranberries.  :|

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I need to make a new grocery order...I am out of blueberries!!!!!!!!!!!!    and yogurt

Be careful to get organic ones if you can. Blueberries were recently listed as one of the fruits most contaminated by pesticides. Blackberries are good too, btw.

Thanks, I do, get organic when I can.  I saw coffee was listed as such too (lots of pesticides) so always buy organic. Same with spinach.  I saw a "dirty dozen" list where the worst offenders were listed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Btw, frozen blueberries in milk is a good lower calorie alternative to ice cream.

Absolutely. The same way amputating your hand is an alternative to pulling out a wood splinter from your thumb!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Everything that can be discussed about SL has been said, discussed, fought over at least a dozen times over the years, because the main concept of SL is still the same as when it started.

It is amazing that some threads still hit the 20 pages mark, although it is mostly discussing in circles after page 3 most of the time.

In German we say: es ist alles gesagt aber noch nicht von allen

Everything has been said but not yet by all

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

And I wish all would realize that eventually if you keep posting then others become accustomed to your presence and are less suspicious

Some are probably just not as stubborn and hard headed as I am. I don't really care if people like me or not, but not everyone feels the same. I think some people come here, sl and the forums too and just want to fit in. I used to have that problem in sl, rl too actually. It made me feel all kinds of awkward and question everything about myself if I couldn't just fit right in with others. It took me a long time to take on an idgaf if people like me attitude.

Now I figure if people don't like me today, maybe they will tomorrow. There's a distinct possibility they never will though and if that happens, sucks for them. I have hoards of short minions that absolutely like me, and they're the best judges of character I've ever met in my life. 

I don't blame people for being suspicious no matter how much I wish they weren't. There's probably good reason for it for some people. From reading the alts thread it seems so. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I am really not sure that blueberries, coffee, and all the other details of people's allergies and grocery orders are wholly on topic for this thread.  

I think it's just near to lunchtime! 

Thank you for reminding me it's not a "food Forum". ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

That would have me headed to the store as well.

Edited by BillFletcher
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

I am really not sure that blueberries, coffee, and all the other details of people's allergies and grocery orders are wholly on topic for this thread. 

Sure it's not those products from a supermarket somewhere in SL?

Long ago I seen someone build a great SL version of a Kroger's store.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
1 minute ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Sure it's not those products from a supermarket somewhere in SL?

Long ago I seen someone build a great SL version of a Kroger's store.

It would certainly be on-topic for a thread about SL supermarkets or reproductions of First Life stores,  but I struggle to see how it would be on topic for a thread about Have the forums changed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.