Alts in the forums

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Well since today is confession day, I have to confess that I was Lintel. When I married Bill, his name was Ayeleeon. Bill's alt, Talligurl, was forced into a life of pole dancing to make ends meet. Fishing didn't pay well. We deleted our Lintel, Ayeleeon, Talligurl and 5 other accounts so no one would interrupt us on our honeymoon to Paris. @Bagnu was the best man at our wedding. I like Sandor. He tells the funniest jokes, he's for sure a fun one to have around. Even the gallows he put outside the front door of our apartment was amusing in an odd sort of way. I loved moving in with Bill into his apartment on Sandor's Sandy Island, that was one the most fun times of my SL. It's nice to reminisce, we should all do that from time to time.

Here's our apartment when we lived on Sandy Island.

Home 048

Thanks Cirleen. I like you too. I knew anyways. I'm pissed at Bill for a couple of things, but I still like him too. But thanks for coming out. It's now the Wren Island Refuge.. Same Island, but redone.  You'll fall if you go to the same LM now LOL. Use your wings.

Did you like the Cow Bill had in your apartment? Cat hated it. I laughed when I saw it inside.

• Like 1

This thread isn't about all of that anyway.  It's about alts and using them on the forums.  I don't care one iota about the drama that happened.  It didn't have anything to do with me aside from watching it unfold in public. 

You asked the question do people approve of alts here.  Yes and no.

I think your use of alts in the forums, aside from distancing yourself from the drama with Tali, has been deceitful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Bill's alt, Talligurl, was forced into a life of pole dancing to make ends meet.

This would doubtless make for a great straight-to-streaming gritty tale of a stripper with a heart of gold who finds love and makes good . . . maybe sort of Pretty Woman, but with Richard Gere as the call girl, but . . .

the Talli I remember, and even knew a bit inworld, ran an art gallery, was pretty good at photography, and engaged with her communities in places like the Chelsea. 

I liked her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This would doubtless make for a great straight-to-streaming gritty tale of a stripper with a heart of gold who finds love and makes good . . . maybe sort of Pretty Woman, but with Richard Gere as the call girl, but . . .

the Talli I remember, and even knew a bit inworld, ran an art gallery, was pretty good at photography, and engaged with her communities in places like the Chelsea. 

I liked her.

It was definitely not "forced", from what I remember. 

• Haha 1

i have always found alternative accounts interesting. Is my experience that most people create an alternative account for a specific purpose.  And when that purpose is no longer then the account is either banked (not used) or deleted

i am more on the delete side. So not so much account banking for me.  I think of the accounts I have had more in as ancestors/descndants

this account is my current main (only) account. I orginally made it to help a friend build out their region. I never deleted it as some of the stuff is in my name (so banked it). A few months ago deleted my other account that I was using as my main as the reason fro creating it no longer applied

my region owner friend contacted me last week and wants to do a region rebuild so thats going to be fun and am looking forward to it

over time people who do know me work out who I am a descendant of. I don't behave any differently really. On some rare occasion a person will want me to proof an ancestor and I am like lol nah! I never claimed the ancestor, you are asserting it so go and proof it yourself

one really persistent person, I end up telling them that they can proof themselves as the ancestor rather than me. They go how so, and I point to this code

and say that they can claim to be the ancestor themself if they can write the reverse algorithm

given a random number as input, can it be shown that the random  number is a product of the posted algorithm. Is actually true, it can be shown for every random number - yes it was, no it wasn't. I am still waiting for some years now for that person to proof themselves as the ancestor which they aren't, but could be if they write the code proof :)

i might post the answer myself one day, but I rather leave it as a fun exercise for others who into these things

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Sad story. Weirdly so many female alts end up pole dancing. I don't know why! It just seems to happen. 

It's the opposite of this. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/*****-envy

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Serious question...are you all actually one person? Would you even know at this point if you were? Or are you all too far down the rabbit hole?

My four avatar accounts all look exactly the same, except one is electronic. I'm identical twins so I can reflect on myself.

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is why, when we need couples therapy, it must come from within SL.

A good Carl Jung book works just as well for psychotic people like me.

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Thanks Cirleen. I like you too. I knew anyways. I'm pissed at Bill for a couple of things, but I still like him too. But thanks for coming out. It's now the Wren Island Refuge.. Same Island, but redone.  You'll fall if you go to the same LM now LOL. Use your wings.

Did you like the Cow Bill had in your apartment? Cat hated it. I laughed when I saw it inside.

You had told us how much Cat loved that cow and I laughed. Bill once said that he was thankful to you because you were part of our story in how we met, so whatever all what happened it all turned out well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Well I guess I have to come out, and tell you that I'm Sandor.

ok, so first you (Bagnu or Sandor) were together with Tali, woman and woman

and now the two of you are together as man and man

you mentioned Jung...cirleen, this is not in any of his books

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

ok, so first you (Bagnu or Sandor) were together with Tali, woman and woman

and now the two of you are together as man and man

you mentioned Jung...cirleen, this is not in any of his books

It was an asynchronous connecting principle, Einstein called it a "spooky action at a distance."

https://www.teemingbrain.com/2012/07/23/liminality-synchronicity-and-the-walls-of-everyday-reality/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cirleen said:

It's the opposite of this. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/*****-envy

My four avatar accounts all look exactly the same, except one is electronic. I'm identical twins so I can reflect on myself.

A good Carl Jung book works just as well for psychotic people like me.

You had told us how much Cat loved that cow and I laughed. Bill once said that he was thankful to you because you were part of our story in how we met, so whatever all what happened it all turned out well.

I don't remember telling you Cat loved the cow. She complained about it all the time to me!!! I kept telling her it's YOUR apartment LOL. I wouldn't have told you she hated it though at the time. She wouldn't have told you or Bill either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I don't remember telling you Cat loved the cow. She complained about it all the time to me!!! I kept telling her it's YOUR apartment LOL. I wouldn't have told you she hated it though at the time. She wouldn't have told you or Bill either.

Well, Bill heard somebody say that Cat hated that cow, but let's not gossip about cows. Let's go back to gossiping  about our alts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I think this thread has become what they were trying to accomplish in the 60's. The shared "Acid Trip"

Actually, this thread is quickly becoming something that will get it closed down: a private conversation about personal things held in public. A bit of banter is obviously fine: we all do it. But extended conversations that are clearly only directed at, and can possibly only concern a few people are just . . . boring.

Can we return to the issue of alts, please?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.