Lifetime memberships?? how about extending it to those how respond in the first 20 hours?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(I originally put this in people->general discussion and it was suggested to me that since land ownership and Premium Plus memberships are strongly related, I move it here.. .so putting it here.)

I wasn't home during Monday's lab gab, but watched the recording of it right after I got home. As soon as I saw the lifetime memberships, I paused my video and submitted a ticket... but by then way more than 20 people had beaten me to it. I know that LL is doing a "play" on the number "20" in celebration of SL's 20th Anniversary.

I have an alternative suggestion for you.. what if you offer the lifetime Premium Plus to anyone who submitted a ticket within the first 20 hours? that gives those of us who were in RL during lab gab a chance becoming lifetime members too, and it still follows the "20" theme.

• Like 4

I haven't applied (just as a disclaimer), but one issue I see with this is that 10 out of these 20 people are then gonna say.. "hey wait a second, I bought this because I was made believe that I belong to a very small circle of 20 people with this status.. but in fact it's open to 200? This sounds scammy!" ... Yes, of course I'm aware that Linden didn't promise to keep it at those 20 forever, but you know how it's gonna be like.. I think more time needs to pass until they open it up to more people.

Also since they were surprised by the feedback, I rather expect a super premium plus package around the corner that's even more expensive.

Edited by xDancingStarx

Since no one is going around with a badge that says Lifetime, no one will know who has it, so there's not an imaginary club and it's not a problem. LL should sell lifetime to anybody who wants to buy one, it's not FREE, it's still very expensive.

Edited by AzureWaves

i would have thought Linden would have treated it like a raffle

like for the duration of the Birthday let everyone submit a ticket to go in the draw. Then nobody would overly-mind that they never won, as they did get the same chance as everyone else to obtain a lifetime

• Like 5

I got moved over from Premium Plus to Premium standby when they said they were boarding elite and super elite or something like that. Still on standby, though, so they must have more than 200 nonPlussed Ultras and it's taking a while to get them all settled. I can just see them jostling for space in the overhead bins.

• Haha 3

On 6/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, Teresa Firelight said:

what if you offer the lifetime Premium Plus to anyone who submitted a ticket within the first 20 hours? that gives those of us who were in RL during lab gab a chance becoming lifetime members too, and it still follows the "20" theme.

What if they just offered it to anyone who wanted, forever ..

• Like 1

opening up lifetime premium in addition to the subscription models would be perfect. it allows more options for people to chose from. who knows ppl may start out on premium subs then eventually buy lifetime plan if they enjoy it enough?

it's definitely something i'd switch too if i could afford it. here's to hoping LL does bring it back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 7:19 PM, Liaa Nova said:

Shame I missed this, I'd be interested for sure. Wish there were more options like 3 monthly payments or paying in L$

Err..... What?? SecondLifetime Premium was available until yesterday. Also, you could pay in Lindens albeit not directly. You simply sell the Lindens in exchange for USD via Lindex. LL would have taken the funds from that without charging your bank account/credit card. This is what I did only a couple days ago.

On 7/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, Devilgrey said:

opening up lifetime premium in addition to the subscription models would be perfect. it allows more options for people to chose from. who knows ppl may start out on premium subs then eventually buy lifetime plan if they enjoy it enough?

it's definitely something i'd switch too if i could afford it. here's to hoping LL does bring it back.

That would not make business sense, they'd risk a decline in revenues over the longer term. If it was financially viable, I am sure they would do it.

On 6/30/2023 at 8:22 AM, elleevelyn said:

i would have thought Linden would have treated it like a raffle

like for the duration of the Birthday let everyone submit a ticket to go in the draw. Then nobody would overly-mind that they never won, as they did get the same chance as everyone else to obtain a lifetime

The potential issue with this idea is that people would likely enter the raffle to see if they win and may not commit if they did actually win, potentially wasting a lot of time and effort for the Lindens and even if they did do this, they would still likely get complaints from people who were away on vacation / <insert other reason here>, so they can't really win either way. 

Also, I don't get this post because people DID have a chance to purchase SecondLifetime Premium until only yesterday when the option was removed with exception of SecondLifetime Premium Plus. I don't get the big deal though as people could have just purchased 2 SecondLifetime Premiums (one for an alt) for less than the price of SecondLifetime Premium Plus membership and still reap most of the benefits.

It's interesting that this coincided with month end. I suspect LL may have needed a cash injection, perhaps to meet financial targets. It's all just business at the end of the day and clearly they achieved their objective. 

Edited by Exavor Diesel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Exavor Diesel said:

I don't get the big deal though as people could have just purchased 2 SecondLifetime Premiums (one for an alt) for less than the price of SecondLifetime Premium Plus membership and still reap most of the benefits.

I settled for SecondLifetime Premium because it was clear at that  point that the Premium Plus ones would be exhausted long before my entry got to the front of the queue. But the P.Plus version came with those free uploads and the ability to own a standalone Homestead, two features I was kind of disappointed to give up forever, there being no real prospect of upgrading from SecondLifetime Premium to SecondLifetime Premium Plus, nor buying a hypothetical temporary "+Plus Booster Plan" for that lifetime account.

Some folks undoubtedly crave that 2048 m² Belli Ranch model, too. Not me, but "some folks" must.

But anyway, I didn't know the lifetime Premium plan remained available through July 31. That's interesting. I'd be interested to know how many they actually sold. Originally it was supposed to be limited to 200, right? I don't know if they just blew past that limit or simply failed to sell out. Either way, any "cash injection" they could have realized from the program would be pretty modest. Better than a bake sale, but… modest.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

IDK i been around 20 years..i even joined in beta but they said they closed beta badges off in july so me as being here since dec 2003 i cant have that. si know some got grandfathered accoutns i missed that and i joined due to be asked by LL to join and be a beta tester.  so me being here 20 years in dec..does not matter only people that where a few monther before more. i saw the life time badge why do they not do something for all the beta testers in 2003 lol ;) hugs

2 hours ago, Valerie Valentino said:

why do they not do something for all the beta testers in 2003 

you can call yourself betatester .. most of us can't   :) 
btw.. you'r from 18-12-2003 ...from the wiki : Lifetime accounts were a special account type that were available from the close of beta until December 22, 2003

So you weren't to late, just not aware i guess, it lasted 4 days for you to sign up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.