SL phone app?

Nataly Moonwall

LL is developing such an app momentarily.
At the moment, they expect to have a first beta to show somewhere at the end of the year.
Until then speedlight.io is a workable solution as Arielle already pointed out.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1

There is, yes. It's called Speedlight. I use it every day. The app can be downloaded to your phone. I have it on my phone, and I have an avatar logged in with it on my phone right now. Mostly I use it in a web browser on my computer, but it works fine on your phone. It's not a full viewer but it does things like chat, IMs, TPs, etc. It even has rudimentary 3D so you can move around. You can also log in multiple accounts simultaneously with your phone and/or with your computer.

It's free to use, and you can log into SL either directly, so that Speedlight doesn't store your details, or you can have a free account, where they store your details so you don't have to enter your password every time you log in, or you can pay for a Gold account.

With free accounts and direct logins, you can choose to stay logged in for up to 6 hours, even if you close the app, or stay logged in until you close the app. It's the same with Gold accounts, except you can stay logged in 24/7 without the app running.

LL offers the Gold account (24/7) as a perk with Premium+, so it can be said that LL recommends it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

Reinstalled Speedlight a few moments ago. I also have Lumiya installed for giggles.

This shot is from my piddly US based Samsung A12 (4G+ version) Android phone. I swear I'm pretty sure I didn't log off my PC yesterday with this look! But I like what I see avatar wise, not the stick figure I've put up with on past Speedlight trials. I am on a free account. Maybe I'll keep it around now. Haven't tried Speedlight on a PC, maybe I'll do so with integrated graphics, no Nvidia. 

I am on WiFi right now, wouldn't use this with 3D on my cellphone account as I don't have 'unlimited' high speed internet there. If I'm not on SL, I sometimes chat with other Residents via Discord.

Screenshot_20230626-092311_SpeedLight.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 2:32 PM, JeromFranzic said:

But I like what I see avatar wise, not the stick figure I've put up with on past Speedlight trials.

I hadn't noticed that they changed from pipe-cleaner figures to actual avatars until you mentioned it. They are not the users' avatars but they are much better.

Another interesting thing that I've found since this thread started is that new accounts on the phone are set to a Gold account, which means they stay logged in 24/7 even when you close the app. I saw it first with this account but I was a bit wary of it so I logged out and back in. The Gold had gone and I back to normal. Since then I've logged 2 other accounts in using the phone, and they are both Gold. I haven't tried logging this account in again on the phone, so I don't yet know it's using the phone that causes it.

Tomorrow, when the sim updates come along and we are all logged out, maybe the 2 Golds will revert to normal accounts.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2023 at 12:37 PM, Phil Deakins said:

There is, yes. It's called Speedlight. I use it every day. The app can be downloaded to your phone. I have it on my phone, and I have an avatar logged in with it on my phone right now. Mostly I use it in a web browser on my computer, but it works fine on your phone. It's not a full viewer but it does things like chat, IMs, TPs, etc. It even has rudimentary 3D so you can move around. You can also log in multiple accounts simultaneously with your phone and/or with your computer.

It's free to use, and you can log into SL either directly, so that Speedlight doesn't store your details, or you can have a free account, where they store your details so you don't have to enter your password every time you log in, or you can pay for a Gold account.

With free accounts and direct logins, you can choose to stay logged in for up to 6 hours, even if you close the app, or stay logged in until you close the app. It's the same with Gold accounts, except you can stay logged in 24/7 without the app running.

LL offers the Gold account (24/7) as a perk with Premium+, so it can be said that LL recommends it.

Sorry a bit late But the viewer is def not free on IPhone… 😔

• 8 months later...
On 7/29/2023 at 10:39 PM, Odaks said:

I wonder if people have missed this fairly recent post regarding the Speedlight 6-hour log-in limit being lifted:-

At the moment, it's capped at 12 hours per session for free users.

• Thanks 1