Advertising an Adult Venue on Moderate land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Opinions please, I've already looked up the rules and it's not clear (to me anyway)

Can I advertise a place on Zindra on moderate land if I only describe the non-adult activities that can take place there?

Its Zindra, so obviously there are adult things too, but if I don't mention them , is advertising allowed?

Directing me to the appropriate rule would be helpful.

Thank you.

Oh by the way, why are XXX activities now allowed to be advertised on the coming events section of the SL webpage.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

How about this .. you do it, we find it, you deny it, we report it, and someone from LDPW comes out and decides. Then you can start a new thread about the injustice suffered by owners of microparcels.

As a personal curiosity .. do you have any other hobbies or interests ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Oh by the way, why are XXX activities now allowed to be advertised on the coming events section of the SL webpage.

I asked LL this question awhile ago.  You have to be logged in and have your maturity rating set to G,M and A to see the adult events.  It's the same in the forums.  You can read most of the topics but not adult.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Opinions please, I've already looked up the rules and it's not clear (to me anyway)

Can I advertise a place on Zindra on moderate land if I only describe the non-adult activities that can take place there?

Its Zindra, so obviously there are adult things too, but if I don't mention them , is advertising allowed?

Directing me to the appropriate rule would be helpful.

Thank you.

Try this knowledge base article - it's a long read but worth a read...

Maturity ratings

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I asked LL this question awhile ago.  You have to be logged in and have your maturity rating set to G,M and A to see the adult events.  It's the same in the forums.  You can read most of the topics but not adult.

Ok, thank you, I thought everyone saw the same event list

7 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

How about this .. you do it, we find it, you deny it, we report it, and someone from LDPW comes out and decides. Then you can start a new thread about the injustice suffered by owners of microparcels.

As a personal curiosity .. do you have any other hobbies or interests ?

If it's allowed, it's allowed, if it's not, it's not.

I'm just asking.

3 hours ago, Lyndka Cochrane said:

Try this knowledge base article - it's a long read but worth a read...

Maturity ratings

From the link you provided:

---------

The Adult designation applies to Second Life regions that host, conduct, or display content that is sexually explicit, intensely violent, or depicts illicit drug use.  A region must be designated Adult if it hosts, advertises, or publicly promotes:

Representations of intensely violent acts, for example depicting death, torture, dismemberment or other severe bodily harm, whether or not photo-realistic (meaning that images either are or cannot be distinguished from a photograph).

Photo-realistic nudity.

Expressly sexually themed content, spaces or activities, whether or not photo-realistic. We broadly define what is "sexually themed" to include any sexually oriented activities and conduct.

Groups, event listings and classified ads that reference these themes or content must also be designated Adult.

----------

It seems from reading this, that If I don''t reference an adult theme in the ad, the ad doesn't need to be designated as adult, and can appear in a moderate setting

So if my ad says "Come Visit (Name of my club) for good fun and good times" its not adult and can be posted on a moderate sim.

Thank you

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If it's allowed, it's allowed, if it's not, it's not.

I'm just asking.

Otherwise known as JAQing off.

How many threads concerning what you, specifically, can do to poison someones view with a micro-parcel, do we really need?

The whole of Second Life is out there, do you do anything else ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Otherwise known as JAQing off.

How many threads concerning what you, specifically, can do to poison someones view with a micro-parcel, do we really need?

The whole of Second Life is out there, do you do anything else ?

If you think back, I swear she posted about how she had put a big Confederate flag on her building. I was reminded by the "Southland" picture on her adboard. Does that count as doing anything else? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

As a frequenter of adult sims, I have never gone because I saw an advertisement. I think, don't waster your time. You will attract more visitors through word of mouth and making your parcel/venue searchable. Host events etc. I think renting micro parcels is a massive waste of resources 😕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

As a frequenter of adult sims, I have never gone because I saw an advertisement. I think, don't waster your time. You will attract more visitors through word of mouth and making your parcel/venue searchable. Host events etc. I think renting micro parcels is a massive waste of resources 😕

I really didn't want to make this about micro parcels again, but since you mention it, I don't rent advertising, I use spare tier, so my advertising costs are zero

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If you think back, I swear she posted about how she had put a big Confederate flag on her building. I was reminded by the "Southland" picture on her adboard. Does that count as doing anything else? 

If you visit my place now, you'll see just a big grey square where it used to be. I had to paint it out. 😁

• Like 1

I think the OP, by constantly bringing up their "adult business ads" in these threads, is attempting to "advertise their adult business in the Forums" without actually "advertising their adult business in the Forums".

I mean, we get it. And some of us are grossed out just knowing you've got something that "omg you can't talk about or you'd get in trouble". But really? Ewwww. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Maybe place a nice tree instead? 

Planting trees are always a good idea, but it wouldn't be a satisfactory solution in this case. The flag w ould still have been visible.

I had first considered sandblasting to remove the flag, but it would have been expensive, and probably destroyed the integrity of the brick, because the flag had been there a long time, 50 years at least.

I decided to hire a couple of unemployed noobs instead to paint over the flag. They were really excited to get paid so much, at least until they discovered what the exchange rate to real currency was. Luckily they had already finished the job.

The painting was part of a larger renovation project. I had to have the decorative elements of some of my windows replaced, at great cost, plus I had to replace the floor tiles in several of the rooms.

It was all worth it though, because now my place is 100% within the TOS.

Never let anyone tell you there are no rules on Zindra.

😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
replaced a word, fixed a word
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If you visit my place now, you'll see just a big grey square where it used to be. I had to paint it out. 😁

Now you've got me! I'll forever wonder if you are roleplaying, joking, or serious.

Because, most obviously, your build didn't come with the flag, so all you would need to do is remove your flag prim or change the texture to match the building.

Thanks for being a good sport in your reply!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the OP, by constantly bringing up their "adult business ads" in these threads, is attempting to "advertise their adult business in the Forums" without actually "advertising their adult business in the Forums".

I mean, we get it. And some of us are grossed out just knowing you've got something that "omg you can't talk about or you'd get in trouble". But really? Ewwww. 

And you all are helping along by commenting on all the posts :(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Serendipity! 

Or deceptive advertising?

The Federal Trade Commission Act defines an act or practice as deceptive "if there is a material misrepresentation or omission of information that is likely to mislead the consumer acting reasonably in the circumstances. A misrepresentation is material if it is likely to affect consumers' choices or conduct regarding an advertised product or the advertising for the product."

If I'm going to a game room advertised in a moderate region and find people engaged in adult activity, that's deception in advertising.  A bait and switch type tactic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Or deceptive advertising?

The Federal Trade Commission Act defines an act or practice as deceptive "if there is a material misrepresentation or omission of information that is likely to mislead the consumer acting reasonably in the circumstances. A misrepresentation is material if it is likely to affect consumers' choices or conduct regarding an advertised product or the advertising for the product."

If I'm going to a game room advertised in a moderate region and find people engaged in adult activity, that's deception in advertising.  A bait and switch type tactic.

But in RL, you get a free STD with your gaming experience. 

• Haha 2

On 6/9/2023 at 7:59 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It's not really a question of whether you can or cannot (nobody here can really answer it, only governance) but whether you should and the answer to that is No.  In fact my advice would be to reconsider the whole SL "advertising" as a venture altogether.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.