how to quick select just my stuff without grabbing others? not grabbing 1 object at a time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so just getting house an furniture learning lots on how it works, i was on groups rezz platform, where other ppl have there stuff to test an set up things, i learned if i placed objects out an as long as right click editing 1 of my items first an drag mouse id select  just my items, if i dont right click edit 1 of my objects first it will just grab everything, so i got my house all set up an furniture an things placed right, selected all my stuff picked up an went to place in our housing area, didnt place correctly, right clicked 1 of my items, open edit menu, clicked and dragged..... an it keeps selecting everyone elses stuff not just mine, even though it only grabs my stuff when i do this at rezzing platform

5 minutes ago, droidleadr said:

so just getting house an furniture learning lots on how it works, i was on groups rezz platform, where other ppl have there stuff to test an set up things, i learned if i placed objects out an as long as right click editing 1 of my items first an drag mouse id select  just my items, if i dont right click edit 1 of my objects first it will just grab everything, so i got my house all set up an furniture an things placed right, selected all my stuff picked up an went to place in our housing area, didnt place correctly, right clicked 1 of my items, open edit menu, clicked and dragged..... an it keeps selecting everyone elses stuff not just mine, even though it only grabs my stuff when i do this at rezzing platform

Not sure what options are available in the SL Viewer, but in Firestorm, under the Build menu select Options and click 'Select only my objects' and select 'Select by surrounding' if that isn't selected.  The open the Edit window and scroll back until you can use the mouse to draw a rectangle around all of your objects.  Ensure your draw distance is high enough to get them all and maybe even bump up your LOD setting to 4 to ensure you don't miss any tiny items.

Also, under the Advanced menu, make sure the 'Limit select distance' is not selected.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:46 AM, Doris Johnsky said:

I've never grabbed the wrong stuff, but TWICE I have deleted a skybox from under my feet, trying delete a prim.

That was unexpected.

That, and accidentally dragging snapshots onto my house walls, has me making a lot of use of the lock object feature these days. I always lock my house, skybox, and any major landscaping features.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

That, and accidentally dragging snapshots onto my house walls, has me making a lot of use of the lock object feature these days. I always lock my house, skybox, and any major landscaping features.

Me too.   Yes the lock feature has saved me some headaches/

Also "return object to last position"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

For some reason, Return Object to Last Position doesn't work on Bellisseria parcels. INFURIATING.

You must have rez rights at 0, 0, 0 on a region to use this command. If you do not have rez rights at that location, Restore to Last Position will fail.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/restore_last_position

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.