You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, CandyCole said:

I didn't see this thread until it was several days old as I'm not on here checking to see if I have any new 'likes' or chucking in my opinion every 10 minutes of my waking hours every day, but the subject of this thread has lingered recently.

Wherever possible within any forum I participate in I always employ the 'Unread Content' or 'View New Content' as my shortcut for entry and filter out areas within the forum which hold no interest. When images are posted a thumbnail is shown and just the other day saw someone (a female ava) had posted the same identical picture into two of these 'Look at me and Like me' picture threads.

Besides being tediously self-indulgent, double-posting has a whiff of spamming and 'Like-hunting' about it. I can't remember the poster's name, to be honest I can't remember anyone's account name even as I write this because none are visible, but numerous poster's names I remember when I'm actually reading the forum.

I find many people very easy to ignore. Not by using an Ignore button feature, just simply skimming over their input because they become mentally invisible to me. Even easier when they use some font incongruity in a vain attempt to stand-out because they need all the help they can get with their contributions.

Yup, guilty as charged.😁

But I do it mainly because I know it annoys people to do this and is less likely to get the likes. I hate being part of any rat race and if I could turn off the likes feature would do so. 

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Yup, guilty as charged.😁

But I do it mainly because I know it annoys people to do this and is less likely to get the likes. I hate being part of any rat race and if I could turn off the likes feature would do so. 

If you use an adblocker, you can use that to hide the likes given to a post. Out of sight, out of mind.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you use an adblocker, you can use that to hide the likes given to a post. Out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks.

Ironically though I need to see the likes so I can continue to give likes and thanks etc., to those that like this feature. 

• Like 1

I doubt the 2 threads could be merged due to all of the identical posts.

However, it would be interesting to see what all the double-post people do if the threads are merged. Post each picture twice? Go find another thread to also post the same picture in?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

We got beat up pretty hard core on the first page, is it really surprising we stopped posting?

Blimey, I see what you mean. I just read it!

:looks down to check what colour his belt is and if it matches his hooves...

Edited by Rick Nightingale

3 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Have you considered using "nail polish" on your hoofuses so they match your outfits?

Bonus: I recently stumbled on a couple TikTok "channels" that show videos of bovine hoof repair. Fascinating. (And not just the infected tissue and ooze.)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

If I remember correctly, that thread came about as a response to the "guys, comment on the ladies" thread variant. Not sure if that version was quite as critical, but yeah...y'all should've known what you were getting into with that. 😂😏

Wouldn't catch me posting photos in either version, as the last thing I'm looking for is avatar critiques (I make some weird AF design decisions, I know, and I like em). I also have no desire to criticize others for their decisions (unless you wear socks with sandals...off the cliff with you). I may silently judge the hell out of a mismatched outfit or something, but I'm not looking to embarrass anyone! 🤣

I stick with the "Today" thread mostly because the overall vibe is really supportive in there, and I like seeing people posting their unique avie stylings without fear of public judgment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If I remember correctly, that thread came about as a response to the "guys, comment on the ladies" thread variant. Not sure if that version was quite as critical, but yeah...y'all should've known what you were getting into with that. 😂😏

What? Wait..if guys were to post critiques of women's ensembles and outfits, how well would that go over?

* waves sign in protest *

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What? Wait..if guys were to post critiques of women's ensembles and outfits, how well would that go over?

* waves sign in protest *

That was a pretty big thread and it lasted a long time without any bloodshed. I have no idea what happened to it. Hang on...

Here it is

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That was a pretty big thread and it lasted a long time without any bloodshed. I have no idea what happened to it. Hang on...

I think the boys either aren't as judgey as the "girls" (who in Second Life may mostly be "boys" anyway), or they know better lest they be..let's say.."denied access".

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the boys either aren't as judgey as the "girls" (who in Second Life may mostly be "boys" anyway), or they know better lest they be..let's say.."denied access".

Second one. Some guys are absolutely brutal if they know you well enough (and know they can get away with 100% honesty) and will tell you straight up when you're on the Hot Mess Express.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ah yes, the ol double standard at work. If we were even remotely as critical in that other thread our posts would have been reported and removed, possibly with a stern talking to and a time out from a Linden. But hey, rip us to shreds, we don't have feelings. Or at least, we can't show them. Ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Ah yes, the ol double standard at work. If we were even remotely as critical in that other thread our posts would have been reported and removed, possibly with a stern talking to and a time out from a Linden. But hey, rip us to shreds, we don't have feelings. Or at least, we can't show them. Ever. 

Nah, I don't believe that at all. If you post a photo and specifically ask for feedback (or post in threads where users are invited to give it), I believe you're fair game regardless of who you are. Male, female, non-binary, etc. You asks, you gets.  That's exactly why I don't do these things. 😏 I fully expect to be ripped to shreds by guys, considering I don't even make an attempt at achieving any attractiveness standards. If I'm human, I'm probably undead...so, there's that.

It should be respectful feedback, of course, in any direction.

If the women's thread were started BY a woman, it may have had different results, too.  Most women post in general in the forums from what I observe.  We've had a few.women post asking for.critique on their avatars.  Those have not always been kind.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2023 at 6:38 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

Why do we have 2 nearly identical threads for posting how our avatars look? How Does Your Avatar Look Today? and What Does Your Avatar Look Like Now? are essentially the same subject. Some people even post the same pictures in both of them. Maybe the older, longer thread should be locked?

"What does your avatar look like now" was started because a few people objected to the presence in the original thread of comments on other people's pictures without actually containing a new pic of their own, and they wanted to start a thread where that was discouraged and ONLY posts containing puctures would be posted without any additional commentary. Whether that actually happened or not, I don't know. I don't look at the smaller one very often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.