Question about GACHA's

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I found a really nice full-set desk from a gacha. i buy it and basically, get everything from it. At the very bottom, there are of course some warnings stating '' cant redeliver, if broken cant fix, cant refund''. The original creator only sells gachas... so i take it if something breaks I'd have to find someone selling just that particular part. I'm also not familiar with GACHA's or if they have rules or frown upon, I'm not sure. This desk is just simply amazing. 

• Like 1

tl;dr. GACHA was a set of systems that gave you a random item from a set, and then people would re-sell items individually. a bit ago LL banned the systems but the objects from the systems are still allowed, and people can still re-sell them.

so, basically anything labeled "gacha" now is just a no-copy item, which you can kindof think of like a 'real' item. the seller can't give you a new one because they didn't make it, and because they only have a limited number of copies to sell.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Subscribedd said:

so i take it if something breaks I'd have to find someone selling just that particular part. 

Gachas are no copy items.  Gachas are mostly mod/transfer with some having permissions for transfer only.  So, since your items from a Gacha are no copy and something breaks, yes you would have to buy that particular part again - perhaps from the same seller if they have a few copies or from another seller who may have a copy of what you are looking for.  Some Gacha sets are now offered copy/mod by the original creator.  So, if you want a copy/mod version, look in the creator's store to see if they have released that Gacha set now as a copy/mod set.  Not all creators have released their Gachas as copy/mod versions though, not to my knowledge anyhow.  But, it's worth looking if you want a copy/mod set to see if they have one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Gachas are no copy items.  Gachas are mostly mod/transfer with some having permissions for transfer only.  So, since your items from a Gacha are no copy and something breaks, yes you would have to buy that particular part again - perhaps from the same seller if they have a few copies or from another seller who may have a copy of what you are looking for.  Some Gacha sets are now offered copy/mod by the original creator.  So, if you want a copy/mod version, look in the creator's store to see if they have released that Gacha set now as a copy/mod set.  Not all creators have released their Gachas as copy/mod versions though, not to my knowledge anyhow.  But, it's worth looking if you want a copy/mod set to see if they have one.

Thank you! BAMSE has a particular desk and gaming set he made for gacha. found 2 people who have the full sets but he doesnt seem to have a store, just put them in arcade for gacha purposes

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Subscribedd said:

Thank you! BAMSE has a particular desk and gaming set he made for gacha. found 2 people who have the full sets but he doesnt seem to have a store, just put them in arcade for gacha purposes

There are quite a few full sets of gamer desks from various sellers on the MP.  Search Bamse, then highest price first.  I saw a few gamer desks for sale also without having to buy the full set.

14 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are quite a few full sets of gamer desks from various sellers on the MP.  Search Bamse, then highest price first.  I saw a few gamer desks for sale also without having to buy the full set.

oh no so i want the full set. im just afraid to buy things that are full set gacha as i might need to replace them. im not sure how something would ''break''? or get ''lost'' 

20 minutes ago, Subscribedd said:

oh no so i want the full set. im just afraid to buy things that are full set gacha as i might need to replace them. im not sure how something would ''break''? or get ''lost'' 

Sometimes, for various reasons, no copy items rezzed out inworld.can be lost.  Partly why I've never been a fan of gacha furnishings and such.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

im not sure how something would ''break''? or get ''lost'' 

There are certain things that happen in SL periodically with the servers which on those days we all get a warning "during this time DO NOT rez no copy items".  I'm not sure of the name of that.  Maybe someone else knows.  But, during that time you would not rez no copy items, not worry about the ones you already have rezzed as far as I know.  

As far as break, I'm not sure how something in SL could break either unless the item needs connection to a server outside of SL.  And, if that business goes bust and that server closes, the item's scripts would no longer work and the item would be considered broken or defunct.  

This is the best I can explain.  Perhaps someone can explain better.  But, no copy items can get lost.  

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The most usual case of no-copy items getting "lost" is in the case of a whole parcel getting returned - a landlord error, or you don't pay your rent and all your stuff gets returned as a lump, or you've rezzed out temporarily in a sandbox or photo place and they get autoreturned. They can end up in a linked set with other items, and you have to pull the whole thing out of your Lost & Found folder and place each piece back in your inventory one by one.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_retrieve_coalesced_items

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

While his profile does say no inworld store at the moment and his marketplace store is virtually empty he STILL "recycles" his old gachas in the new "next up" type of item. Still no copy but you go and look until the item you want is up next or the next "ball" to drop (same thing depending on the machine).  I still see his same old things advertised over and over and mostly at sale venues, so keep your eye out. 

While I made a ton of money on gachas I have never personally loved them. I like COPY items  -- they still go missing from the database but not as often it seems :D.  

Good luck and you are smarter now!!!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

As far as break, I'm not sure how something in SL could break either unless the item needs connection to a server outside of SL.  And, if that business goes bust and that server closes, the item's scripts would no longer work and the item would be considered broken or defunct.  

This is the best I can explain.  Perhaps someone can explain better.  But, no copy items can get lost.  

That's one way yes.  Another is, I believe,  if the script experiences a stack heap collision.  That will "break" an object if it's No-Copy and No-Mod. There'd be no way to reset the script.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Anna Salyx said:

Another is, I believe,  if the script experiences a stack heap collision.

Yep - had that happen to me. Another reason no-mod permissions is unacceptable to me.

Another way to 'break' a no-copy item if the item does have modify permissions is that the user changes it somehow, like just replacing a texture because you cannot get the original back. One of the excuses used by sellers to set things to no-mod (and a very poor excuse at that).

And... the easiest way of all to lose an item which I suspect happens far more often that the owner admits or realises... accidentally delete it in your inventory and then sometime later empty your trash. Then six months later remember you had something. No, I've never done that. Honest. Maybe.

You could also just accidentally (or not) drag it into somewhere else in your inventory and never be able to find it again if you don't know exactly what it was called to search for it. I've done that one; finally found it with the help of this very forum when someone recognised what I was trying to describe and told me the name of it.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 11:23 PM, EliseAnne85 said:

no copy items can get lost.

On 4/4/2023 at 11:52 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

you have to pull the whole thing out of your Lost & Found folder and place each piece back in your inventory one by one.

21 hours ago, Anna Salyx said:

if the script experiences a stack heap collision.  That will "break" an object if it's No-Copy and No-Mod.

I might add that some No Copy items become irretrievable because of some asset server error. LL will try and help you retreive them but there are cases when they can't get them back for you.

Some of the many reasons to stick to Copy/No Trans items, and, preferrably, Mod too.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to this, gacha is a reference to gachapon, which are Japanese coin op machines that give out little trinkets. A lot of cool stuff got made as gachas because people would make more money selling them for a limited time than as a standing product, but a lot were also really lazy. As since it was meant to be unique, they were no-copy (what that message was referring to). The whole thing also blew up I think last year because it was basically gambling (same issue as loot boxes in games), so there's a new system someone made that's more transparent.

• Like 1

Arduenn and the others here have listed some ways in which No Copy items go missing. I have another: rezzing errors.

I have lost a great many HeartVR no copy trees in this way. If my camera position (NOT the spot where I intend to rez the item) is not over my land parcel, but over my neighbor's land where I'm not allowed to rez, and I drag out my no-copy tree and drop it accurately on MY land...I get a snirpy "failed to rez item "Valuable Tree" because the land owner does not allow it" message. The tree, which should have stayed in my inventory on failure-to-rez, has vanished. It is not on the land, not in my inventory, and not at coordinates 0,0,0. It does not reappear in my inventory after a re-log.

I don't know if it's something about HeartVR trees or it's just that I set up these conditions most often when rezzing landscaping and I like to use HeartVR trees.

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Arduenn and the others here have listed some ways in which No Copy items go missing. I have another: rezzing errors.

I have lost a great many HeartVR no copy trees in this way. If my camera position (NOT the spot where I intend to rez the item) is not over my land parcel, but over my neighbor's land where I'm not allowed to rez, and I drag out my no-copy tree and drop it accurately on MY land...I get a snirpy "failed to rez item "Valuable Tree" because the land owner does not allow it" message. The tree, which should have stayed in my inventory on failure-to-rez, has vanished. It is not on the land, not in my inventory, and not at coordinates 0,0,0. It does not reappear in my inventory after a re-log.

I don't know if it's something about HeartVR trees or it's just that I set up these conditions most often when rezzing landscaping and I like to use HeartVR trees.

I lost one of the original Greedy Greedy tables that way.  Sick feeling I got since a small fortune was paid for it.  The make did send a new one though and think he added a caution in future instructions on how to handle rez issues. 

Later on they changed the system to a subscription/licence system, so if a table went to the abyss --- as long your licence was valid you could rez a new one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.