New Feature: Scripted Agent Estate Access Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If I were a free thinker, I'd blame other people for things that bother me. Because, nobody can tell me what to believe.

That is the norm and not the thoughts of the free thinker. Rather it is the recognition that there are two sides, each with a degree of responsibility and also recognizing that not everyone is at the same place in their journey and should be accounted for and given the benefit of protection from those who would try to capitalize on their vulnerabilities.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 11:31 AM, Zi Ree said:

This is a good step, but how do we make sure a bot is actually properly flagged as scripted agent? It's the same problem with traffic farming bots that don't have themselves set to scripted agent, so their time spent would count towards traffic.

There's the rub. Since they appear to be a regular AV, if they aren't registered as a bot, there's no easy way to tell. One way to police it would be to pop up something like a Capcha at random times when one was logged in as proof one wasn't a bot. I don't really like that solution, but it would probably catch a lot of on regisstered bots.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I was more concerned with what they had changed in this page. which, after reading both in full I didn't see anything changed since it was put there..

People are thinking this page is a new policy when it's not.. It was put there from an already existing policy..

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Using_Personal_Data

Why wasn't the above brought up in any of the un-namable bot numerous locked bot threads until now?  

In all those threads, just that same paragraph from the Privacy Policy was used in all those threads over and over.  

LL needs to make the above official policy and include it in the TOS (Privacy Policy), not placed off in some mysteriously placed Wiki.   LL, frankly, needs to get all their terms together in one area.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I read through the  one from March 30 and the one from today and they are the same.. they must have been changing links or something because the links are different in the scripted agent policy than they were the other day..

That's what they put there and had linked to the scripted agent policy to put more of a visual on that part of that policy it is in..

A Linden said earlier in the thread, that isn't a new policy.. It was put there from the privacy policy I believe it was.. one of those policies ..lol

At the top in the history it shows what they did..

Revision as of 08:53, 30 March 2023 by Maggie Linden (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{KBmaster}} {{Conduct Nav}} ==Introduction== This guide gives a brief introduction to privacy considerations for Personal Data of Second Life Residents. It is not a replace...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

I think they were just messing with links is all..

When I look over the page as it existed from 2014 until March 30, it looks different to me but I don't know, maybe we are looking at it different links for Current up to that date. In any case you'd have to take it up with the author of the Linden news post where it distinctly said it was updated:

We've also updated our scripted agents policy, which can be found here.

Just now, EliseAnne85 said:

Why wasn't the above brought up in any of the un-namable bot numerous locked bot threads until now?  

In all those threads, just that same paragraph from the Privacy Policy was used.  

LL needs to make the above official policy and include it in the TOS (Privacy Policy), not placed off in some mysteriously placed Wiki.   LL, frankly, needs to get all their terms together in one area.

It is official policy.. That link I linked was the section they added to the wiki from the official policy on last Thursday.

That's a brand new page, not an old one..

I remember when being a free thinker only required a fedora and a neckbeard, and a lot of subscriptions to  various anti religious youtube channels.  Then people started shoving various colors of pills into the mix, making it into more of a taste the rainbow of pills requirement, now I don't even know what to believe.  The only thing I know, is that you have to abide by some rules of thinking, to be a free thinker, and if you don't then you are considered more of an NPC... which means we are all unregistered bots in SL, unless we are free thinkers?  I'm so confused.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

When I look over the page as it existed from 2014 until March 30, it looks different to me but I don't know, maybe we are looking at it different links for Current up to that date. In any case you'd have to take it up with the author of the Linden news post where it distinctly said it was updated:

We've also updated our scripted agents policy, which can be found here.

I think we got our wires cross somewhere or something.. I don't even know if we are looking at the same topic..

I'm looking at the Linden Lab Official:Using Personal Data page for changes..  I wasn't looking at the changes made to the scripted agent page or even meaning changes in that page.. 

My only thing I was trying to say to the thread was, the personal data page is not New policy.. Not that they changed the scripted agent page..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It is official policy.. That link I linked was the section they added to the wiki from the official policy on last Thursday.

That's a brand new page, not an old one..

Sorry, I used the wrong word because this has been going on for months!  And, not once was that Wiki brought up during all those now locked threads.

I meant *official* by putting the part about our PERSONAL DATA in the main Privacy Policy, not some Wiki I never heard of.  

I need a break from this whole because this is a mess that's all over the place with a TOS, a separate TERMS and CONDITIONS, Wikis, and nothing much for all residents to have a happy medium is resolved.  Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Sorry, I used the wrong word because this has been going on for months!  And, not once was that Wiki brought up during all those now locked threads.

I meant *official* by putting the part about our PERSONAL DATA in the main Privacy Policy, not some Wiki I never heard of.  

I need a break from this whole because this is a mess that's all over the place with a TOS, a separate TERMS and CONDITIONS, Wikis, and nothing much for all residents to have a happy medium is resolved.  Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some convos I had to do that. Be good book to come back to later on be 100s more pages lol, a nice winter read. 

The day sl stood still. 

Edited by benchthis

9 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I remember when being a free thinker only required a fedora and a neckbeard, and a lot of subscriptions to  various anti religious youtube channels.  Then people started shoving various colors of pills into the mix, making it into more of a taste the rainbow of pills requirement, now I don't even know what to believe.  The only thing I know, is that you have to abide by some rules of thinking, to be a free thinker, and if you don't then you are considered more of an NPC... which means we are all unregistered bots in SL, unless we are free thinkers?  I'm so confused.  

You're confused, I'm low-comprehension.. the requirements are not very stringent. Not like it's Mensa. I'd lose against a bot in a Turing test.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My only thing I was trying to say to the thread was, the personal data page is not New policy..

I'm stunned lol

I could have sworn I had been looking for that kind of information back then (during the locked threads) and didn't see it.

Edited by xDancingStarx

Just now, EliseAnne85 said:

Ya these threads can be a clock eater.. I'm about to go in world myself and relax a little.. hehehe

I'll try to say it where it's not so all over the board..

Everything is in the TOS and everything is in the privacy policy and all the policies linked to the TOS..

The Wiki page for the personal data, that was already in the policy that it belongs in.. The Wiki page didn't exist when all those threads were going on..

They just made that wiki page the other day, when they updated the scripted agent page.. They made the personal data wiki page, to put more light on that section of the policy it is from.. So they link you to that section that it pertains to, rather than the whole policy.

I hope I didn't make it sound worse.. hehehe

1 hour ago, benchthis said:

Some convos I had to do that. Be good book to come back to later on be 100s more pages lol, a nice winter read. 

The day sl stood still. 

Oh, these TOS, TERMS and CONDITIONS, Official Wikis is a bit like understanding Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues".    Get back to me if you memorize all of the below.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh, these TOS, TERMS and CONDITIONS, Official Wikis is a bit like understanding Bob Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues".    Get back to me if you understand all of the below.

looks like he's trying not to bite the hand that feeds him by breaking a rule manufactured by the ruling class, he's using creativity to get around the system. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xDancingStarx said:

I'm stunned lol

I could have sworn I had been looking for that kind of information back then (during the locked threads) and didn't see it.

That page didn't exist back then.. I believe it's either from the privacy rights or the privacy policy.. I can't remember which one at the moment..

ETA: Just to add.. If they had changed the TOS or the privacy policy, we would more that likely had to agree to a new terms of service..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Keep scrolling down that page, you'll see it. Section 6 and 7.

53 minutes ago, benchthis said:

because of this they then use 3rd party bot systems to control second account aka alt armies. 

Neither one of you is understanding what I'm saying.

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

ETA: Just to add.. If they had changed the TOS or the privacy policy, we would more that likely had to agree to a new terms of service..

Well, imo, it needs updating and then we should all agree to a new TOS.  And, they need a specific scripted agent policy written out in the main TOS as well as what Personal Data is in the main TOS.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, benchthis said:

looks like he's trying not to bite the hand that feeds him by breaking a rule manufactured by the ruling class, he's using creativity to get around the system. 

A rule?  It was hundreds.  Did you really watch the video?  At the end, the last card reads "What?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EliseAnne85 said:

A rule?  It was hundreds.  Did you really watch the video?  At the end, the last card reads "What?"

I watched the entire video, I liked it, it was funny when he lost his place; but then quickly got it back. He is not allowed to use his voice. Maybe what is he can't hear either?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Well, imo, it needs updating and then we should all agree to a new TOS.  And, they need a specific scripted agent policy written out in the main TOS as well as what Personal Data is in the main TOS.  

I think we both just need something soothing at the moment, because I am really feeling a need for the beach instead of  this thread.. hehehehe

Listen to this, it's calming..:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.