The bot war is over and the bot farmers have won :-(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Both ToS and Terms of Service apply to all aspects of SL including the forums.  Until recently, nudity was forbidden on the forums even in the adult section.  What that means is...it is expressly allowed now in the forums so it overrides the ToS.

Which all goes back to my original statement.  Since there seems to be clauses in the ToS that are disregarded by LL and residents (because let's face it, without the sexual content, SL may have died years ago), they might as well remove them.  

Still just what you and Love in past have called "whataboutism".

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Um, what?

This bears not even a vague resemblance to anything I've said here.

So you are still denying that you suggested that LL could identify unregistered bot by seeing if they teleport 8 times or more in an hour and/or land at the fixed landing zones set by store owners, despite the fact that you did say that. As for the bans, what did you think LL would do with unregistered bots in the new draconian anti-bot crackdown? Give them a Linden Bear ? Or perhaps a months free Premium subscription?

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Have a lovely one, Zalificent, and may your CAPS key come unstuck soon.

I used caps to highlight two words in an entire post, just two.

Over the top hyperbole much?

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No, it's about Count quoting a section of the ToS that he felt addresses the bot issue.  I only mentioned the other clause because LL doesn't seem to do anything about that violation because it would, in effect, kill SL.  Getting rid of bot because people complain and it MIGHT be a violation, won't have as great an impact.

Cherry picking what you enforce and what you don't looks bad.  Might was well rewrite the ToS or simply remove the clause I quoted about sexually explicit content.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I used caps to highlight two words in an entire post, just two.

Over the top hyperbole much?

Well it is on average 2-3 words per post so the hyperbole in rather minimal considering you are quite consistent with it. I prefer bolding myself but hey, to each their own.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No, it's about Count quoting a section of the ToS that he felt addresses the bot issue.  I only mentioned the other clause because LL doesn't seem to do anything about that violation because it would, in effect, kill SL.  Getting rid of bot because people complain and it MIGHT be a violation, won't have as great an impact.

Cherry picking what you enforce and what you don't looks bad.  Might was well rewrite the ToS or simply remove the clause I quoted about sexually explicit content.

Well you could start a thread about that while this one goes down to die a fiery death.

22 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There were two prohibitions listed. My code addressed them, and only them. Your code prohibits ANY behavior. That's a pretty egregious error, don't you think?

Nope, since you listed no "allowed" behavior.

I'm convinced you "don't get it", but hey, that's ok! 

Edited by Love Zhaoying

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
16 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This is funny to me (what Arielle wrote), because the entire "concern" over potential privacy issues is "what-if", essentially also "whataboutism".

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.