Question about personal fundraisers and TOS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So in an effort to help my mother with her assisted living cost I put my entire store on sale and setup a gofundme.  My question is, is there anything against the TOS if I put the link of the gofundme at my personal store?  I didn't see anything about it, but I don't want to do anything that will get me into trouble or sent to linden jail since it's personal and not an official charity.   😬 

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I checked out AdrienneSuz's store, and picked up a few items. Lots of nice things, most of it current mesh. One thing I got cuz, although pretty old, it looked stylish and nice and SWISHY was this gown:

https://gyazo.com/8cb3e0a8c76c62378a46a3c75ddd9fea

Pretty!

• Like 4

There have been multiple fundraisers by both stores and groups within SL which have done similar.

Matter of fact, I just happened to stumble on this store that I'm sure is totally unrelated to this discussion aside from the fact that it's currently running a fundraiser itself. Was a little disappointed they didn't have anything for M. Petite, but I wish them luck on the fundraiser! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tihuta/92/150/1802

• Like 3

5 hours ago, adriannesuz McMinnar said:

Oh.. I had not even thought about that.  Thank you.  I just did it.  🤗

No you didn't, because it's not there at the bottom of your posts.

(If you put a link to your store in your in world Profile, that's great too, but that's not what Coffee was talking about. She meant your Forum signature here.  See the link to "Bunny Creek" at the bottom of Coffee's posts?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No you didn't, because it's not there at the bottom of your posts.

(If you put a link to your store in your in world Profile, that's great too, but that's not what Coffee was talking about. She meant your Forum signature here.  See the link to "Bunny Creek" at the bottom of Coffee's posts?)

Oh, actually I don't.  I see whatever is in the title that appears under the profile picture, but no link.  I added my store link to my forum profile.  I thought that is what coffee meant.  Obviously, I need to become more familiar with the forum. 😆  

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 7.04.55 PM.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adriannesuz McMinnar said:

Oh, actually I don't.  I see whatever is in the title that appears under the profile picture, but no link.  I added my store link to my forum profile.  I thought that is what coffee meant.  Obviously, I need to become more familiar with the forum. 😆  

Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 7.04.55 PM.png

Under Account Settings for your profile...

https://community.secondlife.com/settings/signature/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.