Scripts Won't Load, Nothing Works

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately, I've been having huge issues with FS.  Menus and AOs will appear on my screen but I am unable to touch them and use them.  I can load an hud but I'm unable to click on it to use it. Such as Maitreya 5.3 hud, Vista AO hud, all kinds of different huds. Usually, when I log in my nearby chat  window is full of listings as to who is online, scripts loading, etc but that isnt happening anymore.  I only get one or two lines, nothing loading and it doesn't even list my online friends. I also get random " Script trying to take controls from owner but PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS permission not set!" error messages from different scripts.   This is so frustrating.  I'm assuming its FS. It also seems RLV isn't loading properly. As certain items of clothing i have on are now removable when they shouldn't be.

Is there a better, reliable, RLV viewer better than FS?  Please say there is.

Edited by DaisyMaeClementine

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think something has changed your scripts to a "not running" state,

It may be connected with the recent outage.

1 hour ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

Menus and AOs will appear on my screen but I am unable to touch them and use them.

This also may mean that a RLV object is blocking your touch and/or redirecting chat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

It may be connected with the recent outage.

Good point, after the outage I had to start a lot of scripts, but didn't know if it was because I had stopped them trying to debug the situation during the outage.

2 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

This also may mean that a RLV object is blocking your touch and/or redirecting chat.

Great idea!

I'm not in any place new and I havent changed anything on my avi.  It's unlikel an rlv object as rlv doesnt seem to work either.  AO huds will load on my screen but noneof there buttons work.  If I click on any HUD there is no response. I cant touch any of my huds.  And why wouldnt anything like scripts or my friends load in my chat window?    Its very odd, making it impossible to even play

When I log in to SL no scripts seem to load in my "nearby chat" window, all my AO HUDS are visible but I can't touch any of them and none of them are functional.  I can load my Maitreya HUD but I cant touch that either. My online friends will usually load in my chat window too when I first log in but even that doesnt seem to be working.   I'm unable to touch RLV objects either.  I was left with an RLV object restricting my arms and was forced to try and cheat my way out by disabling rlv and then re-enabling.  I've had all of the above listed problems since.  Is this all happening becasue of some RLV thing?   When I go into Build, Scripts...the Reset Scripts option isnt available.  How do I fix this mess?  Lots of help needed.

I have noticed this issue happening from time to time for the past two weeks or so, especially after far TPs.

This is ”just” a long delay (several seconds to almost one full minute) between the arrival in a sim and the scripts states restoring; just be patient and wait for the scripts states to be deserialized...

I will mention this issue at the next SUG though, since it might be related with a recent server-side change.

36 minutes ago, Randy Pole said:

Could be useful to post the details of the viewer that you are using as it has to be one other than the official LL supported one. If there is an issue with RLV then it needs to be brought to the attention of those that code for and support RLV.

This issue got strictly nothing to do with RLV or the viewer in use. It is a scripts deserialization (*) issue, server-side.

------------

(*) When your avatar changes region, a handover is done between the departing and the arrival sims. That handover involves pausing the scripts and serializing them (kind of ”zipping” their data/state), the serialized data being then deserialized (”unzipped”) on the arrival sim. Once the scripts ready, they are un-paused to continue their execution where it was suspended. This process normally takes a second or two (the more scripts, the longer it takes, of course), while here it can take a full minute.

Edited by Henri Beauchamp
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

I have noticed this issue happening from time to time for the past two weeks or so, especially after far TPs.

This is ”just” a long delay (several seconds to almost one full minute) between the arrival in a sim and the scripts states restoring; just be patient and wait for the scripts states to be deserialized...

I will mention this issue at the next SUG though, since it might be related with a recent server-side change.

I've waited, literally, for hours and nothing ever loads.

It seems odd that this would occur right after my ability to touch anything was rlv restricted.

I tried to escape the rlv object by disabling rlv and relogging.  That's wgen everything went haywire.

12 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

It seems odd that this would occur right after my ability to touch anything was rlv restricted.

I tried to escape the rlv object by disabling rlv and relogging.  That's wgen everything went haywire.

Have you tried to get another hud out of the original package to see if it does it with a fresh hud?

12 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

Try logging in with the official SL viewer.  It doesn't have rlv capabilities so that might rule out anything to do with rlv.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

There might be two issues at play:

1. Your viewer has registered a RLV touch-restriction and is simply reapplying it on login.
  2. The scripts don't restart, or restart too late (i.e. you loose patience before they do :P ), and the said restriction can therefore not be refreshed/reevaluated.

Your viewer should have a RestrainedLove log/restriction floater of sorts, where you would be able to see what are the current restrictions in force.

Otherwise, and as suggested above log in with RLV disabled or a RLV-less viewer (such as LL's official viewer), and see if it solves your issue...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

This is just a guess, But I'm wondering if  whatever caught you, had you wear something that you may have to remove.. You may have something that sits over everything else on your screen hud wise..

You could revert back to a default avatar, which will remove everything you have on now and then switch to an outfit folder and see if that works..

Switching to another outfit folder might do it also, but  any time I have something goofy going on I just revert to default then to an outfit folder just to be on the safe side..

ETA: I just remembered you saying no scripts were loading  in chat.. It's early for me..  It might still be worth a try..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

5 minutes ago, DaisyMaeClementine said:

I've tried to load several other HUDs and none of them are touchable.  

Using LL's official viewer, what happens when you right-click and ”Edit” the unresponsive HUDs ?... If you can edit them, they are ”touchable” but their script(s) is(are) ”simply” stuck (or maybe crashed). If, when right-clicking, another (invisible) HUD object is selected (outlined), then just ”Detach” it with the context/pie menu...

Oh, also... You are in a parcel/land allowing scripts, are you ?...

• Thanks 1

When you log on and still haven't detached the huds.. The huds may have somehow crashed when you escaped or whatever might have happened at the time.. If they crashed, you need to detach and reattach them or basically reboot them..

If they don't react, try a fresh hud from the package you unpacked when you bought it.. If it doesn't do anything, then  it is something else going on..

Doing revert to default avatar will remove everything.. Then switching to an outfit folder with your huds in it will reattach them, rebooting them.. if all or non of them work and trying fresh huds still does not do anything.. then it's more than likely not the huds themselves..

A better way would be to load one hud at a time..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

I tried resetting to default avi and it didnt seem to change anything.  Here's a copy of my laptop specs if that helps.  This is so frustrating.

Firestorm 6.6.3 (67470) Aug 27 2022 18:30:00 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 16.0, 228.0, 72.0 in Tempo located at simhost-0ee244d5572efb84d.agni
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tempo/16/228/72
(global coordinates 308,496.0, 236,772.0, 72.0)
Second Life Server 2023-01-20.577734
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (2592.01 MHz)
Memory: 16227 MB
Concurrency: 12
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 11 64-bit (Build 22000.1455)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 4096 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.21.14.1788
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 417.88

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.4.3 / RLVa v2.4.2.67470
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1l zlib/1.2.11.zlib-ng nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.02.07
Dullahan: 1.12.3.202111032221
  CEF: 91.1.21+g9dd45fe+chromium-91.0.4472.114
  Chromium: 91.0.4472.114
LibVLC Version: 3.0.16
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1009 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 256 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 3
Render quality: Ultra (7/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: Yes
Texture memory: Dynamic (1024 MB min / 10% Cache / 10% VRAM)
Disk cache: Max size 9984.0 MB (3.0% used)
Built with MSVC version 1916
Packets Lost: 12/14,432 (0.1%)
February 13 2023 08:06:11 SLT

I went to have a quick look at your home location (link to that is in the specs you shared) and as i suspected, that parcel has scripts disabled. That's why nothing is loading.

It should always be your first reflex to change region if something isn't working right or at all.

Also, your FS version is quite outdated

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.