You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/15/2022 at 1:45 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I was just letting anyone know that might have the body, that the Cake Day event, Just about every vendor has Peach body version of the outfits and other things.. They may want to give a look over there, there is a lot of nice outfits and things.

Ya, it's way too early to know how this body is going to do.. I was just really surprised at seeing so much things there for it.. For a moment there, I thought there might have been something special going on for the Peach body for as much stuff as I seen for it... hehehe

By explode, I mean there's stuff for it everywhere, Kupra stuff was everywhere. Kustom9, Access, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love supporting my people and a lot of people here wouldn't even acknowledge cakeday/dreamday/the grand are popular events where the booths are never empty just because they're not on seraphim. The problem with those events are, its a lot of "fast fashion" stuff, i.e things you would buy in a Shein haul. You can get some nice stuff there, but a lot of stuff doesn't have demos, isn't rigged properly, doesn't work properly, etc. In other words, there's a lot of buyer beware there.

Kupra on the other hand, had more mainstream creators making stuff initially. It exploded, it's diminished a lot since eBody came out. I don't think Peach is going to explode like that. It's kind of like how people were expecting GenX to explode and it didn't. It seems to just be slowly increasing creators. I think the reason for that is there's too many similar bodies on the market now. Genx isn't going to explode because there's already Legacy and eBody. Peach won't explode because there's already Kupra. It doesn't mean they won't be successful, it just means they won't enjoy that kind of initial success.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

By explode, I mean there's stuff for it everywhere, Kupra stuff was everywhere. Kustom9, Access, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love supporting my people and a lot of people here wouldn't even acknowledge cakeday/dreamday/the grand are popular events where the booths are never empty just because they're not on seraphim. The problem with those events are, its a lot of "fast fashion" stuff, i.e things you would buy in a Shein haul. You can get some nice stuff there, but a lot of stuff doesn't have demos, isn't rigged properly, doesn't work properly, etc. In other words, there's a lot of buyer beware there.

Kupra on the other hand, had more mainstream creators making stuff initially. It exploded, it's diminished a lot since eBody came out. I don't think Peach is going to explode like that. It's kind of like how people were expecting GenX to explode and it didn't. It seems to just be slowly increasing creators. I think the reason for that is there's too many similar bodies on the market now. Genx isn't going to explode because there's already Legacy and eBody. Peach won't explode because there's already Kupra. It doesn't mean they won't be successful, it just means they won't enjoy that kind of initial success.

I don't know if this is what you mean by fast fashion.. But I'm seeing more and more where some sellers don't have a business in SL at all other than to drop some stuff in an event vendor and be on their way.. No MP or in world store.. Just fly by night as it gets..  I really wish those kinds of  characters would stay out of the flickr catalogs or not be allowed to post in them.. they clog things up and send people on wild goose chases for things that you can't track down because they went *POOF*..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What bothers me at these events is a LOT of demos are 1L.  Who the h*ll does that anymore without returning the 1L?  

What really  really bothers me is, paying 1l  for a demo and the cheapo seller put a 2 minute timer on it..

I mean, I never seen a 2 minute timer before.. Get real cheapo's!

Anyone with a timer gets put on my note card of places that i'll never stop at again.. And If I ever see their name pop up for a recommended seller, I'll be sure to pass on the shopping experience i had with them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't know if this is what you mean by fast fashion.. But I'm seeing more and more where some sellers don't have a business in SL at all other than to drop some stuff in an event vendor and be on their way.. No MP or in world store.. Just fly by night as it gets..  I really wish those kinds of  characters would stay out of the flickr catalogs or not be allowed to post in them.. they clog things up and send people on wild goose chases for things that you can't track down because they went *POOF*..

"Fast Fashion" is like, stuff you'd buy on a site like Shein, Fashion Nova, Mango, etc. It's cheap, simple stuff like leggings, dresses, cute little jackets. For about $200 you can get like 15 outfits, the problem is they might not fit, the print looks off, etc. But you don't care because you bought the dress for $14. Its fast and they come out with new stuff like daily...lol...like something you'd get for vacation in Jamaica and never wear again.

It's not just at those events, its pretty prevalent in SL overall, the problem is at those events the quality isn't as good. Coincidentally, its relatively easy to make mesh stuff like this too, so it can be cranked out.

Geo Print Bodycon Dress

Ladder Ripped Flare Leg Pants Without Belt

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

"Fast Fashion" is like, stuff you'd buy on a site like Shein, Fashion Nova, Mango, etc. It's cheap, simple stuff like leggings, dresses, cute little jackets. For about $200 you can get like 15 outfits, the problem is they might not fit, the print looks off, etc. But you don't care because you bought the dress for $14. Its fast and they come out with new stuff like daily...lol...like something you'd get for vacation in Jamaica and never wear again.

It's not just at those events, its pretty prevalent in SL overall, the problem is at those events the quality isn't as good.

Geo Print Bodycon Dress

Ladder Ripped Flare Leg Pants Without Belt

I'd be all over that second outfit.. hehehe

Ya, I see what you are saying now.. That is one of the main reason I really stopped cold turkey on buying anything from events anymore.. The other big reason is, really Low quality items at  top tier prices..

The thing that has me worried at the moment though is, Those Fly by night seller getting support enough to stick around.. I sure would hate to see that become the new norm..  If it does, then it'll be time for me to find another world or be done with virtual world altogether.. Because, That's just too sheeple for me.. hehehe

• Like 2

I think it's the new norm at some events, and not just the ones mentioned above.I've said before, I don't mind at all people using pre-made meshes (full perm) for their designs, as long as they do quality texturing. Many of the vendors at those events just plop a color (usually bright) on the mesh, and don't bother with any detail in the texturing. I don't get why people would find that appealing, but apparently some of these vendors are making enough money to stick around.

I'm sticking with the beautiful Belleza Gen.X Classic body whether creators choose to create clothes for it or not because - just not into the whole flobulous-lardiferously grotesque look.

Managed to get a couple of lovely fatpacks of clothing for Gen.X on the MP, so I'm good with those til SL dies (or hell freezes over, whichever comes first).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kia Kiyori said:

I'm sticking with the beautiful Belleza Gen.X Classic body whether creators choose to create clothes for it or not because - just not into the whole flobulous-lardiferously grotesque look.

Managed to get a couple of lovely fatpacks of clothing for Gen.X on the MP, so I'm good with those til SL dies (or hell freezes over, whichever comes first).

That's the Spirit!! Stick to your guns!!\o/

If the majority of people thought like this, we'd end up with a heck of a lot more creative creators putting out more quality items and a heck  of lot less tailgaters getting it close and slapping on a 1 tone paint job on an unmodifiable item in it for the fast buck.

I've pretty much resigned to this towards the Erika body.. If I have to hunt for the quality things for it I will.. If i have to grab a piece here or there to make something else work, so be it. Because the body is worth it to me and plus it makes life more interesting and rewarding..

I'm done supporting whatever machine it is that keeps attracting those that saturate the market with bad quality items at crazy prices.. There is so much crap and so much reselling of the same thing  as something else, that it's feeling like spam.. I'm done buying knockoffs out of the trunk of someones car.

Whatever is happening now, is based on feeding  fast paced, have to have it now, rather than, I better put out something amazing or it won't sell.

It better have more than just a bodies name on it or I guess I'll just have to go with more quality and less quantity.

I have a two year plan where I'm gonna have much more time on my hands.. If I'm still interested in this world and my body is still workable and I feel for me, it's still  the best for me, then I'm gonna start to create my own things for it..If i had more time I would start that today..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm done supporting whatever machine it is that keeps attracting those that saturate the market with bad quality items at crazy prices.. There is so much crap and so much reselling of the same thing  as something else, that it's feeling like spam.. I'm done buying knockoffs out of the trunk of someones car.

You and me both, but it's rare to hear someone agree with me. Normally heads explode when I open my mouth to change feet. 

Went to an event a few hours ago and I don't know what it is but all of a sudden everything just looks like porridge - it's all hooker clothes, especially if they're being marketed for chunky bodies. I felt like shouting, "What? Chunky girls aren't allowed to look elegant, too? There some law that says thou shalt always dress like hookers?"

Must be a market for it or they'd stop I guess, but it's not for me.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Kia Kiyori said:

You and me both, but it's rare to hear someone agree with me. Normally heads explode when I open my mouth to change feet. 

Went to an event a few hours ago and I don't know what it is but all of a sudden everything just looks like porridge - it's all hooker clothes, especially if they're being marketed for chunky bodies. I felt like shouting, "What? Chunky girls aren't allowed to look elegant, too? There some law that says thou shalt always dress like hookers?"

Must be a market for it or they'd stop I guess, but it's not for me.

I might have my problems that bother me about this body or that body and be a little outspoken about them at times, But I don't have any problem with someone liking or loving the body they chose..

There are some nice things made for it if you look on their flickr catalog.. Just  not a lot of nice things and that's ok..It just takes a little longer.. It won't ever expire and rot.. It may go out of date at some point, but even then will still work like it does today.

Every body put out in the last two years has that same theme going on with it.. Look at Reborns flickr or Erika's or any of them and you'll see a lot of the same things showing up in each one.. Because there are 10 body names on an item and many times we are paying for the rigging of them all, rather than just the one we are using. Some have decent prices, but some want a quicker return rather than doing it by quantity.. Even though the payout on lindens is better than it has ever been.. so they aren't making less..

Most times we are paying more for less, way less things come in the box than we used to get, that's for sure..

There is nothing wrong with being picky and taking our time.. We worked hard for our money too, many of us a hell of a lot harder.

Be picky and critical and stick to your own do's and don't rules of what you want.. Because it's easy to get set up with temptation of bad things under a beautiful book cover.. Always question something that looks too amazing but no demo.. Always no demo no buy as a firm rule of thumb for things for your avatar.. No matter if it's 60$L or 6000$L.

ETA: There are really good creators and they are the ones that should be supported.. Where there are too many just here for the impulse sells..  They thrive on us impulse buying..

I always get demos and go home to try them on.. Because I find, a lot of times that impulse has worn off and many times the things i thought i wanted, weren't even good enough to have me tping back to spend the time to get them, let alone the money.. I cut down  on my buying so much by just doing that..

This world and the bigger one out there, wants to get us on that dopamine high.. That's the time to back off and take a breather and turn that needing feeling into a want or don't want and weigh things with less intoxication of, need it, need it now.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Every body put out in the last two years has that same theme going on with it.. Look at Reborns flickr or Erika's or any of them and you'll see a lot of the same things showing up in each one.. Because there are 10 body names on an item and many times we are paying for the rigging of them all, rather than just the one we are using. Some have decent prices, but some want a quicker return rather than doing it by quantity.. Even though the payout on lindens is better than it has ever been.. so they aren't making less..

Agreed. Thankfully big names like Blueberry have started adding a lot of new body sizes, including Gen.X. It only takes one or two big names like that to include a new body size before other creators to begin scrambling to do the same if they don't want to miss out on charging like wounded bulls...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kia Kiyori said:

Agreed. Thankfully big names like Blueberry have started adding a lot of new body sizes, including Gen.X. It only takes one or two big names like that to include a new body size before other creators to begin scrambling to do the same if they don't want to miss out on charging like wounded bulls...

With Adams and Blueberry, Check your redeliver to see if they have updated other things.. I did that at both for my Reborn and it was like going on another shopping spree..

I also found out that, I had many things that were in the new releases, in my older sets..

Take a good look at things in the new releases first to see if  you don't already have the pieces in things you already bought.. By that I just mean the mesh not the textures..  They do really nice texturing, but if it's a top that you have in another set that is catching your eye.. Demo it with the one you have to see if there is enough difference to get the newer textured ones..

I know GenX has Adams making things for it because they had the GenX in their store when it was released and had three outfits ready by the opening..

Blueberry and Adams are nice pickups for GenX for sure. Also give Scandalize a look.. I know they have some nice GenX items there at really great prices.. Plus have the advent calendar going on as well..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

With Adams and Blueberry, Check your redeliver to see if they have updated other things.. I did that at both for my Reborn and it was like going on another shopping spree..

I also found out that, I had many things that were in the new releases, in my older sets..

Take a good look at things in the new releases first to see if  you don't already have the pieces in things you already bought.. By that I just mean the mesh not the textures..  They do really nice texturing, but if it's a top that you have in another set that is catching your eye.. Demo it with the one you have to see if there is enough difference to get the newer textured ones..

Definitely did all that. You're right, too...it's fun lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That sounds super frustrating!! I think I'm overly picky with my shopping methods at times, which might be why I rarely encounter this type of thing. You know I shop a LOT, but I shop primarily by word of mouth, Flickr (which saves me from having to run all over the grid when looking for something specific), Seraphim's sales, and personal experience with an in-world store. If I really, really fall in love with a creator's items to the point where I want to keep throwing money at them and their stuff is a bit spendy (like the current head buying binge I've been on - send help), I try to engage with them on Flickr via their group photo pools/comments, or I hop into their Discord and chat with them directly. Some designers are super responsive to customer feedback and enjoy engaging with their communities - and I've found they even take requests and/or are open to suggestions for what to make next. There are some who prefer the element of surprise and say nothing (wait and seeeee guyyyyss!) and others who will show you straight up screenshots from their 3D software like "oh here are some photos of what we're working on for *insert event here*, whatcha think?"

I also refuse to shop non-discount events (minus grabbing the freebs) ever since I grabbed an expensive "event exclusive" that wound up in-store a month or so later discounted to weekend sale prices. Never. Again! 

Long story short, there are a LOT of really great designers on the grid to the point where you don't need to bother with those who don't invest much time into building up their in-world presence. And if you're wearing a newer body, it doesn't hurt to make a list of stores you absolutely love and see if they're accessible via socials and ask if they're open to rigging for it, which likely depends on their sales trends, but it never hurts to ask, or see if a customer body poll can be set up - some stores have been doing that these days since there are sooooo many bodies to rig for. I've seen Peach in a few of those polls.

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Always no demo no buy as a firm rule of thumb for things for your avatar.. No matter if it's 60$L or 6000$L.

In most cases, I'd agree, but I'm guilty of buying things without demos, too. I've done that with furry and fantasy skins a few times and haven't been disappointed (yet). Also, my favorite costume designer doesn't provide demos for her sets since you'll very likely get a damn near dozen attachments, accessories, lights, particles, shapes, and other random items in the package. I guess people have been hassling her about it as she's now got signs up explaining why she doesn't provide demos, but I bought from her before all that. Totally went in blind. Never regretted it for a single moment. My best costumes come from her. In fact, I'm planning out another avatar and saw she's got an animated circus tent carousel dress (with horses!) that I might need, too! Would I buy it without a demo? In a heartbeat! 😂

• Like 3

all i needed to see was the first picture to know its not for me  what is with all these mesh bodies with proportions that if it were possible to get in reality the woman who was cursed with something even remotely close to would need spinal fusion and knee replacement surgeries by their early 30's?

Edited by Vanessa Amethyst
  • Like 3

On 12/19/2022 at 4:05 AM, Vanessa Amethyst said:

all i needed to see was the first picture to know its not for me  what is with all these mesh bodies with proportions that if it were possible to get in reality the woman who was cursed with something even remotely close to would need spinal fusion and knee replacement surgeries by their early 30's?

Not sure which first picture you mean, Vanessa - but if it's in reference to a (and there's no other way of saying this) hideous blog post I saw regarding the two new Belleza bodies (thankfully only after I tried the demos) that seemed to focus on making them deliberately look so utterly revolting so that no one in their right mind would want to buy them, then that blogger failed miserably, but not from lack of effort.

Which is really just to say that when it comes to new bodies, I personally think it's always better to try demos first and completely ignore all blog posts and gossip about them until after you find the one you love - blogger sabotaging efforts notwithstanding (I'm sure it's not unheard of).

This is the Belleza Gen.X Classic body that I fell in love with: 

Belleza Gen.X Classic

Although they don't come with shapes like most bodies do but it really isn't difficult to work with at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I realize it's been a minute, but I need to clarify a few things I said earlier (as I am unable to delete them or have LL delete them).  

I hope to make clear that opinions unintentionally and possibly construed as "facts" can be skewed, based upon what happens when you believe you know someone or something.  ...I dabble in mesh, but I do not know everything about how to do it, therefore, anyone who knows more on how to work with it (which might be just about everyone), absolutely mesmerizes me.  I also read and shop (I'd like to think that I do so a lot), but I still do not know everything about all on the grid... It seems a bit like life, in the way that you never stop learning.  Understandably, there's always room for improvement and growth.

That being said, I'd appreciate the opportunity to comment on some of what I previously said, for my own peace of mind and integrity. 

On 11/7/2022 at 12:28 PM, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

There are all kinds of bodies (both in SL & RL), but, oh yeah, this seems to be a thing.  I go to A-rated regions and I'm hard-pressed to find those without accentuated curvy parts looking like they're having much fun, TBH (myself included ... And yeah, it took me FOREVER to upgrade from basic avatar to even Maitreya - nothing like upgrading to a tried and true artifact, right?  *le sigh*).  ...I even start to see more curvy avatars around more normal traffic gaming places or sales shopping areas too:  Maitreya -but only stretched out to the max.  eBody.  Belleza.  And especially Kupra.  It's an attention-getter, for sure.  I suppose you can only be on SL for so long before your "average stick figure" avatar lacks enough imagination to keep on getting that same kind of attention.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely in love with these types of bodies because when I try to wear it to my own realistic size, I have to be like 8 feet tall and my SL BFF says I "look more like her in RL and it's not accurate to my own RL body," but this is kinda like working with different art medias and making the same exact project (like, do you prefer pointillism, or do you prefer scratchboard?)  ...PLUS, it's been brought to my attention, numerous times throughout life (yes, I'm a chick, and old, shut up, LOL), that men do seem to like "more cushion for the pushin'" (this theory would likely be proven by someone's SL BF/hubby randomly buying them this body ...gee, I wonder why).  😛  In conclusion, there are fads humanity goes thru.  Romantic era of voluptuous women got pushed out because only the rich could look as such.  Come every New Year's resolution time, I look around at my peers and know that Twiggy has also become antiquated.  Perhaps an acceptance of balance is deserved (and this could very well be it, folks)!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any mesh body on the grid: Everyone is allowed to be who they wish to be and to create whatever they dream.  ...As for me, personally, I may have gotten swept up and carried away by hype, trend, zeitgeist, etc.; and for that, I regret what I said on specific bodies, and I am sorry.

On 11/7/2022 at 6:46 PM, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

...Well, I'm glad someone brought it up!  I been so used to "keeping those peaches in the fridge" and internally screaming, that it sure is nice to finally be able to say something about it publicly!!!  xD 🙃

I am in no way affiliated with [SP] Spider Productions.  All I wanted was his RFL wings to be bento like his Ascendant Wings that I have worn for a very long time now... and in the midst of trying to get that to happen, I got involved with gathering background information to later help invite some creators for his Peach project.  By my own, educated decision, I have done nothing like what his CSRs (or maybe even you) have.  I wish all positive intentions and purposes well, and am currently indifferent to anything else beyond. 

On 11/17/2022 at 10:58 PM, MajikVixen Lorefield said:

Definitely looks more realistic, although I'm not seeing how extreme it can be shaped (haven't tried a demo).  Spider's initial Peach is as extreme as the Kupra (I'm actually disappointed it cannot be made smaller due to SL limitations).  Eve does look somewhere between Maitreya and eBody, tho ...with some better features (looks like anyway).

...A lot of shoes I get come from N-Core.  You know how you have to adjust your hover-height with some shoes, so you don't fall into "fake" ground/floors?  I usually rely on an old and very well-made shoebase, however, N-Core includes their own "shoebase" as an object that works just as well.  ...The other week I ran into their Erika body and have since demo-ed and realized that bodies can be as BIG or as small as desired or anything in-between (without having to be, for example, stretched "8 feet tall" to look realistic, etc.).  It's my own personal theory that they used the same concept as their "shoebase" to make their body function in that way.  Thus, as far as adjusting mesh goes to fit your desires, it has been proven to me that it doesn't seem to be "a limitation of SL," but rather, a limitation of the creator.  ...At the end of the day, however, it is up to you how you wish to look or design things, and all of that is perfectly wonderful and commendable.

Thank you, all creators and community.  ✌️

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.