Second Life new upgrade

Nosathro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Congratulations Second Life, your new upgrade has reduced my avatar is a white cloud, been like that for an hour and half also there nobody on sim even though it indicates other wise.  There is a saying you should follow "If it works don't fix it!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nosathro said:

Congratulations Second Life, your new upgrade has reduced my avatar is a white cloud, been like that for an hour and half also there nobody on sim even though it indicates other wise.  There is a saying you should follow "If it works don't fix it!"

If your avatar is a cloud then your avatar is missing one of the basic parts.

Change outfit (if you have saved outfits).

If not, change your shape, skin, linden eyes, linden hair. One of these will cause your avatar to rez and then you can go back to what you normally use.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Now I'm curious, what's this new upgrade?

The new viewer upgrades, I assume.  

40 minutes ago, Nosathro said:

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_bake_fail

• Like 3

2 hours ago, suzyst said:

The last couple of FS updates have been more trouble than they're worth.  Huds suddenly stopping working and large chunks of inventor going missing. 

With the inventory missing, Did you happen to teleport before your inventory was finished loading?

If it's still not there and you saved your prior settings, you could try, restoring your settings again and when you log back in, open your inventory .. If it doesn't start to load right away, just click on your inventory folder.. That sometimes will start it to loading..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

12 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Ever since a couple FS updates ago, items i left click on will randomly disappear. Not into the trash, not into lost and found.  I have a support ticket in but they're acting like I'm the only one this is happening to. I haven't experienced frequently being cheetohs yet tho. 

If the problem does not happen on the LL viewer they won't do anything because FS isn't their product.

Edit: Assumed you meant support ticket into LL.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 1

I know it is like cursing in a church for many FS parishioners, but there is still that good old original SL viewer.
Very stable for many years for me already. (with a few minor moments occasionally, that's when I dust off Catznip)

Edited by Sid Nagy
Because it's one of the few things that are still allowed here.

17 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

Ever since a couple FS updates ago, items i left click on will randomly disappear. Not into the trash, not into lost and found.  I have a support ticket in but they're acting like I'm the only one this is happening to. I haven't experienced frequently being cheetohs yet tho. 

That can be a symptom of those things not actually existing - worn items may have become detached and rezzed items may have left the region (I see that sometimes with vehicles.) Your viewer may not realize that they're gone until left-clicking them makes the viewer try to get information.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That can be a symptom of those things not actually existing - worn items may have become detached and rezzed items may have left the region (I see that sometimes with vehicles.) Your viewer may not realize that they're gone until left-clicking them makes the viewer try to get information.

Most of the time the vanishing items have been rezzed as little as 10 minutes prior. It's happened to both regular prims and mesh objects. Always in the middle of composing a picture. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.