Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, I'm so glad we're finally having this discussion here.

I was worried there'd be one corner of GD untouched by this incessant debate.

This is simple.The sign violates the letter of the ToS. It violates the spirit of the ToS.

Well I get back from work and see all the armchair Goverance wannabees here still have not done any actual investigating.  But that would require going inworld - ooh scary!

So I sent an alt back to the group joiner sign and joined their Adult group - It was Free btw.  Don't listen to anyone that makes stuff up here just for the attention.  The group is for announcements of Mature events on the Moderate DJ area in London City by the Owner of the land of London City!.  It has nothing to do with Adult land.  As you all should know, you can hold mature events in M-rated land.  And that includes full nudity and genitalia if you are so inclined.  Same as nude beaches are allowed in Moderate regions.  If you are a child avatar, and you know there will be a DJ event where dress is optional, then simply don't go there.  I have no idea if the next event, next weekend will be any nudes there.  They are celebrating Pride Month, so there could be some gay men there.  :)

So does a group joiner sign, that announces mature events in a Moderate region really violate the TOS?  Clubs cannot put up a sign in their own region, announcing events?  Really?   If nudity is allowed in M-regions, as it is, then surely a sign with a nice pair of boobs should be ok.  So the picture is not legal, but a real avatar is ok?  Does anyone believe that?  I hope Tommy Linden gives his opinion on this, because there seems to be a lot of confusion by some here.  Maybe the London City owner can offer some insight here too.

Here is what the London City Adult group say:

bac5517b10f70d09a19b4ce2bed737f7.png

and here is the DJ area and dance floor.   LGBTQ+ folks do you like what a kid is doing here, who has no business even being there?

I didn't check all the 6 regions to see if there were any other group joiner signs put there BY THE REGION OWNER!.  If there are I hope all you kids that don't belong there AR every single one!  Harressment is against the TOS too.

584185c2edf62ad1b79fca99b9ac1af9.jpg

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
On 5/31/2024 at 6:42 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Pride month is here, cue all the haters complaining about Pride month.

^^^ Repeating for emphasis.

London City is celebrating Pride Month.  The owner is gay and owns the group joiner, it is his group on his land.

So you are attacking London City owners now?  Because that is what the sign is about - celebrating Pride Month with dances in their own Moderate regions!

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

BTW breasts on women are not considered genitalia.  Boobs are not reproductive organs. Never seen a baby either conceived or born from a boob.  They need to ask a real doctor, to explain it all to them.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

The group is for announcements of Mature events on the Moderate DJ area in London City by the Owner of the land of London City!.  It has nothing to do with Adult land.  As you all should know, you can hold mature events in M-rated land.  

f there are I hope all you kids that don't belong there AR every single one!  Harressment is against the TOS too.

ERR child avatars don't belong in G land? 

The majority of your points are fine (not withstanding the above), but the sign promoting those M activities with nudity on it is in a General region. 

I'm sure there is a perfectly innocent explanation. For example, the region may have been M previously and was changed to G at later date. Or perhaps the person who rezzed it simply forgot that particular part of London is G since the majority is M. I'm not suggesting anyone should be lynched over this, just that the sign shouldn't be where it is. 

As @Scylla Rhiadra said, I'm sure the Moles are now aware so that's the last I'll say on this. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Or perhaps the person who rezzed it simply forgot that particular part of London is G since the majority is M. I'm not suggesting anyone should be lynched over this, just that the sign shouldn't be where it i

SInce the sign was rezzed by the region owner and group owner, I hope he knows what his land rating is.   I looked over all the other regions that were open to the public, and only found that one group joiner for that group. 

And an update, while the joiner is still there, he has removed the offending texture.  There is just a light blue texture on all sides of the joiner prim. Maybe he should replace it with a muscular male chest.  It is a lone isolated joiner, in the middle of nothing, just an empty park. Why it is there, and not in the M-rated region where the event is held, I have no idea.  Remember the sign was NOT promoting adult sex events.  It is no different than any club that has a topless night on their M-rated club region.

That's what most are missing. Adult does not mean adult sex acts in public, which is prohibited by the region's Covenant, and by the Linden TOS for M-rated regions:

https://mainlandlondon.blogspot.com/p/covenant.html

It's sad to see a witch hunt going on in SL over adult behaviour, but not unexpected.  The same types did this in 2007, based on false reports.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Peeve: Pictures on signs have a long tradition, to identity different trades and shops selling different wares.

Merely put the thing on the sign, and potential customers know what is being sold, whether fish, hats, beer, or (apparently) either mother's milk or sex. The system ain't perfect.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Midnoot said:

you re tired of sims becoming barren wastelands due to everyone being told off for doing things that are seemingly harmless

Peeve: I'd be glad to tell you off for doing nothing at all!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Peeve: "Child avatars shouldn't be near nudity omg!"

"Omg a child avatar complaining about being near nudity in a general region!" O.o

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

"Omg a child avatar complaining about being near nudity in a general region!" O.o

Peeve: What happens in Londinium, STAYS in Londinium!

New Asterix Review: Asterix in Britain – Comics A-Go-Go! Comics, Movies,  Music, News & More!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Asterisk and Obelisk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

This is why child avatars do not belong in SL, and the quicker they are disallowed everywhere the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

This is why child avatars do not belong in SL, and the quicker they are disallowed everywhere the better.

Easy enough to accomplish. Just rent every sim, and make all the rules yourself.

I'll wait.

• Like 4

Peeve: Getting distracted from posting my peeve by the same old blah blah blah, no, we're never going away, don't make me change my mind about never using ickle speak. People who hate kids have more issues than the people who play them in SL. So nyahhh.

Original Peeve: Logging in after dinner, changing outfits, making a few forum posts, and then realizing it's after 9 AM already.

Sigh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Peeve: Getting distracted from posting my peeve by the same old blah blah blah, no, we're never going away, don't make me change my mind about never using ickle speak. People who hate kids have more issues than the people who play them in SL. So nyahhh.

Original Peeve: Logging in after dinner, changing outfits, making a few forum posts, and then realizing it's after 9 AM already.

Sigh.

Peeve: Someone needs a nap already! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Sigh.

For me, it's more about being held responsible for something that should never have been a punishable offense to begin with. Second Life itself, no matter your sim rules, is adult. You WILL load in some naked bodies and you WILL see adult profiles and you inevitably WILL get people who haven't read the rules yet, or just don't care about them, teleporting into areas with adult clothing on.  

Then there's the person who chooses to dress as something yu would NEVER mix with the stuff I just listed above, unless you were an insanely irresponsible parent... And come straight into the fray as if they had NO responsibility in it.   " Listen, I know I''m 10, but i'mma go in this strip club and you can't stop me. "

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

ETA: I find you conflating boobs with support of LGBT groups, 100x more offensive than boobs. LGBT groups aren't offensive. Thanks for playing!

Thanks for trying to turn around and twist what I was saying.  This is just a game for you, but I am not playing.

I support LGBTQ+ groups and people 100%, and just pointed out that the Community joiner sign in the SL G-rated Community section points to an actual Adult region and activity. The group joiner at London City points to the adjacent M-rated region for Mature events and activity.  If LL thinks the Boystown joiner is OK, then the London City joiner should also be OK.   Both in G-rated regions - both for groups with Adult activity.  But only M-rated activity for the London City joiner, and Adult activity on Adult-regions for the SL Community joiner.  Absolutely the same, and LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with it.  Both are for gay men activity.  So it all comes down to the Boobs?  Because that's all you have left. (And the joiner with the boobs now has that front texture removed, as I reported earlier today.)

I used that example to show how petty and silly the child avatar's AR was.  Remember it was his peeve here that Goverance didn't remove the group joiner at London City a week after sending his AR.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Then there's the person who chooses to dress as something yu would NEVER mix with the stuff I just listed above, unless you were an insanely irresponsible parent... And come straight into the fray as if they had NO responsibility in it.   " Listen, I know I''m 10, but i'mma go in this strip club and you can't stop me. "

Not anymore, there isn't!

\o/

Honestly, I think at least half of those people are less kid and more troll...

Anyway, no more kids on A-rated land, no more skinnydipping kids (fun but I can live without it), less for people to be offended by, clear-cut rules about it, and now you can just report it if it happens.

I am okay with this. Every person who sincerely wants to portray a kid should be okay with it. I never wanted to hang out with a bunch of naked men making awkward jokes, anyway.

For the record, I firmly believe in people's right to adult in SL. I also believe in people's right to refuse to adult in SL. I've never had an issue with people being naked per se, myself. I grew up in the 70's. At least most guys in SL aren't Burt-Reynolds-hairy.

My only problem has been that everyone has the same territorial drive to feel free to go anywhere they want, while at the same time feeling they have some right to tell someone else they can't go everywhere they want. Compromise? I'm all for it.

To me, a child avatar insisting on having the right to be a child avatar on A-rated land is ludicrous. As ludicrous as grownups insistence on having the right to visit family-themed locations naked with wood, and ask everyone for sex.

Both stupidities are obvious, no matter how anyone tries to make it all about one side or the other.

If anyone had any sense of real decency, such as realizing that maybe the best kind of world has places some people go and others don't, and places where you act certain ways and places you don't, then hey.

I mean, people want realism, so they say they want a world with no kids, where everyone can be sexual at everyone. Or they want pure fantasy, like a world where you never see anyone naked on accident.

It really takes only a handful of synapses to see it.

People are just stubborn gits.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

I never wanted to hang out with a bunch of naked men making awkward jokes, anyway.

Peeve: You and me both, and I'm not a kid!

I mean, people want realism, so they say they want a world with no kids, where everyone can be sexual at everyone. Or they want pure fantasy, like a world where you never see anyone naked on accident.

Peeve: But you done broke mah immershun!!

At least most guys in SL aren't Burt-Reynolds-hairy.

Except for his Playgirl centerfold, I'd agree with you. Blechh!

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Thanks for trying to turn around and twist what I was saying.  I support LGBTQ+ groups and people, and just pointed out that the Community joiner sign in the SL G-rated Community section points to an actual Adult region and activity. The group joiner at London City points to the adjacent M-rated region for Mature events and activity.  If LL thinks the Boystown joiner is OK, then the London City joiner should also be OK.   Both in G-rated regions - both for groups with Adult activity.  But only M-rated activity for the London City joiner, and Adult activity on Adult-regions for the SL Community joiner.  Absolutely the same, and LGBTQ+ has nothing to do with it.  Both are for gay men activity.  So it all comes down to the Boobs?  Because that's all you have left.

I used that example to show how petty and silly the child avatar's AR was.  Remember it was his peeve here that Goverance didn't remove the group joiner at London City a week after sending his AR.

This was never about where the groups lead to but the image and nudity displayed on the group joiner itself. I don't recall any of the media at the community exhibition showing any nudity in a General region. 

That's the issue here, nudity in a General region. I'm glad the owner has removed it. 

Honestly it's a bit frustrating for child avatars. We're rightly told we're no longer allowed in adult land (good I agree), and there are restrictions on where we can go in M. So is it any surprise we want to protect the only place we're safely allowed to go? 

Nudity is dangerous for child avatars. It can get our accounts terminated and if it's in an area it's not supposed to be then I'm going to call it out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Except for his Playgirl centerfold, I'd agree with you. Blechh!

I saw Sylvester Stallone's centerfold once, and I can never unsee it. Talk about a little guy! Knowing now how short (in height) he really is just makes it worse, because yeah.

I think he got into bodybuilding so people wouldn't think he was a girl who just had too much testosterone.

DISCLAIMER: If Sylvester Stallone or any entity acting on his behalf wishes to confront me about this, we can find a copy of the magazine as proof. It's not slander if it's the truth!

DISCALIMER 2: If I really can get in trouble for revealing this, please be assured I am simply joking, it's satire, a parody, if you will. I swear.

Otherwise yeah, Sly was no stallion in his centerfold.