17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

In real life, I walk around with a notebook with my entire life story and discussion limits scribbled out inside and hand it to someone before we begin conversing

In RL, many people declare their preferences, political/religious/social preferences etc., by wearing BADGES on the lapel of their jacket or coat, or earrings, or armbands, or t-shirts with slogans on

If you see some girl with a "lesbian earring" wearing a Pride T-Shirt, it's probable she's NOT looking for a date with some random guy at a bus stop.

In SL, we have profiles, which are clearer and easier to use than figuring out what assorted symbols mean, is that symbol on their lapel badge a "peace" sign or some runic representation of an Eagles claw, used as a badge by their right wing neo-fascist group?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I actually miss my simple  little flip phone.. They were smaller and fit so much better in my hand  and I never dropped it..

I can't tell you how many times I drop the phone I have now. A lot of times it's like, How in the heck did I just drop that thing?

hehehe

Tracfone sells a couple of new models of flips and some reconditioned ones. You'll need to scroll down a bit to find them.

https://www.tracfone.com/smartphones?utm_medium=KNC&utm_campaign=GGL_TF_VVO_SRC_EN-EN_NAT_ALL_BPLU_PRSP_OEM-GEN&utm_content=EVRGRN&utm_term=tracfone+flip+phone&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1aOpBhCOARIsACXYv-fnqrerGcABr_4CrDXcenjAEHC0O18GnCq5A_jn_DZCOYrPaUGAlsUaAoVPEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Right! So, instead of responding "at all", or as you said, "dive in and chat"..just close the IM window.

Yes, I said "dive in and chat," because in the situation *I* had in mind, it was a normal conversation example where a person would be asked something like "hey, what do you like to do for fun?" and the other person would respond with a "read my profile," which IMO is rude. What ANY of that has to do with being harassed I have absolutely zero idea. I wasn't referring to that at all.

I believe that this came up because someone discussed having put in their profile "I am not interested in dating".  So, while the IM message may be innocuous (not being "harassed"), "dating" could also mean being propositioned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

In RL, many people declare their preferences, political/religious/social preferences etc., by wearing BADGES on the lapel of their jacket or coat, or earrings, or armbands, or t-shirts with slogans on

If you see some girl with a "lesbian earring" wearing a Pride T-Shirt, it's probable she's NOT looking for a date with some random guy at a bus stop.

In SL, we have profiles, which are clearer and easier to use than figuring out what assorted symbols mean, is that symbol on their lapel badge a "peace" sign or some runic representation of an Eagles claw, used as a badge by their right wing neo-fascist group?

I don't run into that a whole lot around here and was mostly just talking about striking up a normal conversation on line in a store or something. Nothing that deep. I chat with random strangers a lot, especially standing around waiting on long lines. 

I have the same approach in SL, really. I'm just a chatty gal, what can I say. It never bugs me if someone asks me a question that's already answered in my profile. I just answer it and keep it movin'.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm more than likely going to do something like that.. I'm definitely going to be looking into something that has way more privacy than the more popular ones that most people have..  Thank you :)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't run into that a whole lot around here and was mostly just talking about striking up a normal conversation on line in a store or something. Nothing that deep. I chat with random strangers a lot, especially standing around waiting on long lines. 

I have the same approach in SL, really. I'm just a chatty gal, what can I say. It never bugs me if someone asks me a question that's already answered in my profile. I just answer it and keep it movin'.

Most men don't read profiles. I have a full female setup in my account, and I've been propositioned many times with my male profile pic showing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Most men don't read profiles. I have a full female setup in my account, and I've been propositioned many times with my male profile pic showing.

Most that IM me do..

I remember having to change what I said in mine, because they were thinking I was like a milf or something and here to sneak around on my husband.. lol

All it said was something like, My husband hates  how much shopping I do in here.. Then below that it said, What he doesn't know won't hurt him..

My IM's dropped pretty good once I took that second part out.. lol

• Like 2

Just now, Bagnu said:

Nope, they sure don't. And like I said, I only really read profiles in an attempt to find other goofballs to chat with. I'm not in the dating scene here, so I don't give two squats about a person's entire life story or here's why I'm amazing and you should date me pitch (usually found in Picks). 😂 I'm also rarely in human form, so it's not like men are hitting me up to begin with (unless they like frogs or undead chicks - in my experience, most do not. I'm pretty safe as a skelly or somethin'.).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nope, they sure don't. And like I said, I only really read profiles in an attempt to find other goofballs to chat with. I'm not in the dating scene here, so I don't give two squats about a person's entire life story or here's why I'm amazing and you should date me pitch (usually found in Picks). 😂 I'm also rarely in human form, so it's not like men are hitting me up to begin with (unless they like frogs or undead chicks - in my experience, most do not. I'm pretty safe as a skelly or somethin'.).

It's the women you have to look out for in frog form.. They made a horror story about it! \o/

Oh wait no, I think it was a fairy tale instead..

• Haha 3

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

It's the women you have to look out for in frog form.. They made a horror story about it! \o/

Oh wait no, I think it was a fairy tale instead..

LMAO. 

I'm actually kind of peeved about that, now that you mention it. I never, NEVERRRR get IMs on my froggie and she's cute as hell! In her lil hats and the kitten perched on her head and everything. Grr, peeve.

My deer did get called cute once, though, so there's that I suppose. 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LMAO. 

I'm actually kind of peeved about that, now that you mention it. I never, NEVERRRR get IMs on my froggie and she's cute as hell! In her lil hats and the kitten perched on her head and everything. Grr, peeve.

My deer did get called cute once, though, so there's that I suppose. 😂

LOL, we're men, we don't want to chat with a frog. At least I don't (unless it's a woman I already know).

52 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That isn't what I meant by different. Try being the only First Nations in the whole school of all white. Bullying would be putting it mildly. Torture is more accurate.

It was the same thing in Chicago and pretty much anywhere we went.. Then when you get to middle school and high school the boys start to get more and more friendly.. Not because they want to be friends though. Then you get out of school and it becomes more and more of that..

And people ask why I got married so young.. LOL

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I didn't text because it cost extra, that and I just didn't like it..I didn't even like having a phone on me where anyone could get me at any moment, but had to have one for our family businesses..

My sister and brother got in trouble from adding up 1200.00 in one month from texting on our family plan.. My father just looked at that long, long list of text charges and I just seen him getting madder and madder the closer he would get to the bottom of the list.. lol

We were on a family plan and he cut off any texting from then on or get your own plan.. hehehe

The worst part about having the device was learning the text slang and emojis. I got the slang down pretty well. But don't know jack crap about the emojis still. Lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It was the same thing in Chicago and pretty much anywhere we went.. Then when you get to middle school and high school the boys start to get more and more friendly.. Not because they want to be friends though. Then you get out of school and it becomes more and more of that..

And people ask why I got married so young.. LOL

Yeah I was surprisingly not like that, I was that teenage boy focused on my studies and my friends and my hobbies. I didn't really think of dating or any intimate encounters. Lol. Yeah I know, I am a weirdo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah I was surprisingly not like that, I was that teenage boy focused on my studies and my friends and my hobbies. I didn't really think of dating or any intimate encounters. Lol. Yeah I know, I am a weirdo. 

Ya, I probably shouldn't have made it sound as if I meant all boys, because it wasn't.. There was nice boys as well..:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, we're men, we don't want to chat with a frog. At least I don't (unless it's a woman I already know).

Sooomeone *looks at you* is clearly not at all involved in the fantasy community in SL! 😂 Just teasing.

No but seriously, lots of us who are aren't here to date. We just like making cute/creative/frightening/nightmare fuel avatars and socializing and taking pics and going to events on occasion and shopping our faces off and whatnot. Chatting with frogs isn't anywhere near as crazy as some of the other things we could find to chat with (demonic clowns, anyone?! *shudders*).

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not even, "Excuse me ma'am, if I kiss you, will you turn into a Princess?"

NOT EVEN! *sniffs* Peeve.

sad-adam-kermit.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I probably shouldn't have made it sound as if I meant all boys, because it wasn't.. There was nice boys as well..:)

Oh, I know, but in my school. It felt like boys like me were far and few between. All I heard them talk about was parties, who they schtooped etc etc. But this was way before I came out as trans. Lol. But still I was looking at them, like jeez calm down dude. Lol. You have your whole life ahead of you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not even, "Excuse me ma'am, if I kiss you, will you turn into a Princess?"

NOT EVEN! *sniffs* Peeve.

sad-adam-kermit.gif

Peeve: I'd at least want to touch and see if you're "slimy", and maybe lick you like the Sonoran desert toad. For experimental reasons, of course.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/06/1134615997/the-national-park-service-wants-humans-to-stop-licking-this-toad

ETA: The park service only wants HUMANS to stop licking the toads?!?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Sad 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

OMG I didn't know until this second how to even open the "Emojis" window on my PC!

Peeve: I has teh dum.

(Windows key + period ".")

I didn't know what the eggplant meant until like last summer and I think the peach  or was it something else? I really am only good at the smiley's and not all of them either.. Mostly the basic ones unless they are obvious like the hear no evil see no evil speak no evil monkey ones.. hehehe

It feels really strange when my father does an emoji, even more strange than when he started to use LOL's..

It's like, omg my Fathers inner child is showing.. Go back  Go Back!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1