11 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Well, not my *only* peeve, but one that I got reminded of by earlier discussion in the thread.

Peeve: There are those who would argue with that Peeve! 😞 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Well, not my *only* peeve, but one that I got reminded of by earlier discussion in the thread.

I'll co-sign on that peeve. Especially in the dance and choreography world. Woooo. Pa-pa-pa-peeeeeeeeeeveeeeee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: There are those who would argue with that Peeve! 😞 

Oh, I’m waiting to get called out. Honestly I hope not because 1) I do not want to get your guys’ thread closed, and 2) I am watching my fave ‘W’ team (Las Vegas Aces) play and omg they are just killing it. It’s like they are putting on an offensive clinic.

Peeve: They played like ***** earlier this week and got skunked.

4 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Oh, I’m waiting to get called out. Honestly I hope not because 1) I do not want to get your guys’ thread closed, and 2) I am watching my fave ‘W’ team (Las Vegas Aces) play and omg they are just killing it. It’s like they are putting on an offensive clinic.

Peeve: They played like ***** earlier this week and got skunked.

You may have missed my point: some will argue that the discrimination you refer to does not exist.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You may have missed my point: some will argue that the discrimination you refer to does not exist.

Wow, I am sorry. Yeah, I TOTALLY misread what you said; wishful/idealistic thinking I guess, I thought you said ‘no one could/would argue with that peeve’ ugh. 😢

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Oppressed minorities developing creative and even unique means of expression and art, and having them denigrated unless/until someone in the dominant social group appropriates them, maybe makes them more palatable to the dominant social group, and becomes famous.

You mean like celibate male avatars creating the name incels to express their state and wearing cages to signify their being oppressed by dominant females?

Asking for a single male avatar who may or may not be my alt!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Wow, I am sorry. Yeah, I TOTALLY misread what you said; wishful/idealistic thinking I guess, I thought you said ‘no one could/would argue with that peeve’ ugh. 😢

The opposite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You mean like celibate male avatars creating the name incels to express their state and wearing cages to signify their being oppressed by dominant females?

You lost me there, sorry…

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This reminds me of a thread elsewhere in the pile......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

But it sure would get traction here in the forum. 

"get traction"....hmmm...I thought the purpose of a discussion was to learn from others, whether like you or different, and not try to manipulate others and rile them up just so you feel important.

21 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

But it sure would get traction here in the forum. 

Again, I am naive in a lot of ways, but I would hope there would not be much difference of opinion on the topic of incels. Also, I am not looking to start controversy, I was just stating a peeve, though I guess it is a lot more intense than just a peeve for me.

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

"get traction"....hmmm...I thought the purpose of a discussion was to learn from others, whether like you or different, and not try to manipulate others and rile them up just so you feel important.

I don't have to manipulate, my normal thinking is different enough that it gives others apoplexies and motivates them to try to straighten me out.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Again, I am naive in a lot of ways, but I would hope there would not be much difference of opinion on the topic of incels. Also, I am not looking to start controversy, I was just stating a peeve, though I guess it is a lot more intense than just a peeve for me.

I think there would be a difference depending on one's gender or if an alpha or beta male. They'd each likely have their own view.

• Sad 2

Peeve: One particular eye designer includes BoM eyes in their packages-this is good. What is not good, is that when you wear to unpack , it gives you everything EXCEPT the BoM layers- you get the appliers. Nowhere does it say that you need to rez it on the ground to get the BoM ones...what the......I just kinda did that to see what was going on.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

think there would be a difference depending on one's gender or if an alpha or beta male. They'd each likely have their own view.

Abuse is abuse and wrong -- it's not defined by whether someone is an 'alpha' or a 'beta'.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

an 'alpha' or a 'beta'.

And there ain't no such things.

"Alpha" and "Beta" are ways in which we designate stages in the production of software, not how we describe complex humans.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And there ain't no such things.

"Alpha" and "Beta" are ways in which we designate stages in the production of software, not how we describe complex humans.

They are valid terms in the zoology field to describe social hierarchies existent among animal groups. Maybe we are too complex for that but in many ways we aren't.

In the zoological field of ethology, a dominance hierarchy (formerly and colloquially called a pecking order) is a type of social hierarchy that arises when members of animal social groups interact, creating a ranking system. A dominant higher-ranking individual is sometimes called an alpha, and a submissive lower-ranking individual is called a beta.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

.I thought the purpose of a discussion was to learn from others

No, that's not a "discussion" that's an educational lecture, you want to learn from others, attend their lectures.

A "discussion" is where people disagree with each other and try to either a) convince each other they are wrong, or b) convince neutral 3rd parties to choose their side.

It's a simple mistake to make, probably caused by the scent of burning incense, and the mind warping effects of mumbling meaningless mantas.

Hope that helps you learn.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 1