16 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
16 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't think it can be said that you have any "standards" at all, as such. Or you wouldn't be hanging with me, would you?

Raising the lowering of expectations to a high art, are we?

A "standard" is another word for "flag", so let your freak flag fly high!

Not sure if I'm peeved yet, but there was a forum update today and might be a peeve later.. hehehe

Right now I can see there is one other user in this thread besides me..  omg that feels so creepy!!

kidding, it doesn't feel creepy.. hehehe

I wonder if that was the only thing that was changed.. Best check them rules again real quick!! \o/

hehehe

• Haha 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Not sure if I'm peeved yet, but there was a forum update today and might be a peeve later.. hehehe

Right now I can see there is one other user in this thread besides me..  omg that feels so creepy!!

kidding, it doesn't feel creepy.. hehehe

I wonder if that was the only thing that was changed.. Best check them rules again real quick!! \o/

hehehe

Not creepy, 'cause now I can stalk who's in a thread! Yay!!

I saw this thread noticed the image changes first:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. Do I ever not like this new feature.

employee_surveillance-e1632413430452.jpg

Didn't we have this at one time before in another version of the forums?  I might be thinking of a different forum, but I remember it being there..

I remember when people would be getting into it, they could see the person they were getting into it with, still looking at the thread, which would cause one of them to say something like.. Ya I SEE you there, or i see you looking but not saying anything!!

I wonder what it's really actually good for? or maybe it's supposed to like make us less hidden and less lurky..

O.O

hehehe

ETA: Oh, It even shows when someone is typing.. This is like IM's in world..

omg it's probably showing my typing this right now.. I better stop..:ph34r:

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Didn't we have this at one time before in another version of the forums?  I might be thinking of a different forum, but I remember it being there..

I remember when people would be getting into it, they could see the person they were getting into it with, still looking at the thread, which would cause one of them to say something like.. Ya I SEE you there, or i see you looking but not saying anything!!

I wonder what it's really actually good for? or maybe it's supposed to like make us less hidden and less lurky..

O.O

hehehe

No idea about here, but I've seen features like this on different forums - X users logged in/X guests. Or X users viewing this thread/X guests. Those forums are pretty big tho, with users in the hundreds or thousands, so you don't feel quite as called out as you would here when there's like...3 of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. Do I ever not like this new feature.

You can change your online status via https://community.secondlife.com/settings/account-security/ mine is set to hidden. testing with my mAlt they can't see me in this thread and they can't see me typing this reply while both saw a previous responder typing a reply

• Thanks 7

Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

You can change your online status via https://community.secondlife.com/settings/account-security/ mine is set to hidden. testing with my mAlt they can't see me in this thread and they can't see me typing this reply while both saw a previous responder typing a reply

I kinda like it.

"Oh GAWD, what's he typing NOW!?!"

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not creepy, 'cause now I can stalk who's in a thread! Yay!!

I saw this thread noticed the image changes first:

I'm quoting this again, which the whole world can see now.. hehehehe

But forgot to ask.. Where is the post feed at? Is that the online profile stuff?

I don't mess with a lot of forum features, so I don't know where a lot of things are really.. hehehe

• Like 1

I'm quoting this again, which the whole world can see now.. hehehehe

But forgot to ask.. Where is the post feed at? Is that the online profile stuff?

I don't mess with a lot of forum features, so I don't know where a lot of things are really.. hehehe

feed.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Thanks Claire. Fixed! (I hope.)

I tend to leave this tab open on my desktop pretty much 24/7, so I'm not sure how "useful" or even accurate this information would be for anyone in any case. But ick.

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I tend to leave this tab open on my desktop pretty much 24/7, so I'm not sure how "useful" or even accurate this information would be for anyone in any case. But ick.

That's how I am.. I leave the forums open even if I'm in world and doing other things..

Sometimes I'll forget altogether and wake up the next day realizing I left SL on and the forums.. hehehehe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

More and more reasons to decrease time in these forums

I have to say, since the rule change, I've spent way less time in here and more time working on stuff in world..

I'm starting to think it wasn't such a bad thing now..hehehe

• Like 2

I have to say, since the rule change, I've spent way less time in here and more time working on stuff in world..

I'm starting to think it wasn't such a bad thing now..hehehe

Yeah, I have not been as active since the posting of the Guidelines in all the sub-forums.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Set mine to Hidden, also. I have no idea at all why I even care and probably wouldn't had it been set this way a million years ago, but it just feels unnecessary to switch it on after going so long without the feature.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sure that this is one of those things designed to increase engagement, a sense of community, and so forth . . . but yeah. Why would anyone want this?

I'm sure it will find it's niche and we'll end up seeing how it impacts things.. I feel like a monkey that someone threw a calculator in it's cage and trying to figure out what it is and what it's there for.. hehehehe

• Like 1