39 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But your honor, cone dispensers in ice cream shops dispense from the bottom. And Dixie cup dispensers! And water dispenser "cone" cups!!1!!1!

.....Appeals court Judge Weatherwax bangs a bigger gavel. "Appeal rejected! anyone expecting their wife to make sense all the time is dangerously deluded and has no business marrying in the first place!""

2 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

.....Appeals court Judge Weatherwax bangs a bigger gavel. "Appeal rejected! anyone expecting their wife to make sense all the time is dangerously deluded and has no business marrying in the first place!""

I concede this: The little cardboard tubes meant to protect the cones in transit, in the grocery, etc. are on the INSIDE of the top cone. That must mean something.

ETA: We do not know, it was not entered into evidence, whether these are "cake cones" or "waffle cones". That must mean something. 

Has life lost all meaning?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

PEEVE: Living in a podunk place.  Finally, psychedelic therapies are going to be legal, and this is long overdue because increasing reports are coming in citing how they improve people's lives immensely, especially those dealing with depression and PTSD.  I doubt they will ever come to my location though, or if they do it will be in 10 or 20 years!

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/26/mdma-psilocybin-fda-ptsd/

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

PEEVE: Living in a podunk place.  Finally, psychedelic therapies are going to be legal, and this is long overdue because increasing reports are coming in citing how they improve people's lives immensely, especially those dealing with depression and PTSD.  I doubt they will ever come to my location though, or if they do it will be in 10 or 20 years!

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/26/mdma-psilocybin-fda-ptsd/

I can count on 1 hand the number of people (US, Florida) I know who have gone through that or same/similar therapy. But I know some!

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I can count on 1 hand the number of people (US, Florida) I know who have gone through that or same/similar therapy. But I know some!

Yeah? I can't say I know anyone personally.

I'm watching a good series about it on Netflix, based on the book by Michael Pollan:

50 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm watching a good series about it on Netflix, based on the book by Michael Pollan:

Yeah, saw him interviewed on Late Night.  No clue who he was until that point, or why I wouldn't have heard of him. Probably a "straight".

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
55 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yeah, saw him interviewed on Late Night.  No clue who he was until that point, or why I wouldn't have heard of him. Probably a "straight".

No he actually tried a lot of these substances he's championing for, and wrote a book about it. The Netflix series is based on the book.

Pet Peeve:  Not knowing if I should spend the money to get the book.

47 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No he actually tried a lot of these substances he's championing for, and wrote a book about it. The Netflix series is based on the book.

Oh gee then, maybe I should write a book! I'm probably more qualified than him in that "tried it" respect!

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
52 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh gee then, maybe I should write a book! I'm probably more qualified than him in that "tried it" respect!

lol shhhh it's illegal!  But I know you were a participant in many clinical trials occurring now, across several sates.

Apparently, he is:

"... currently the Knight Professor of Science and Environmental Journalism at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism"

Now I could make a joke about what goes on in San Francisco...

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Being thought to be a "moron" merely because of my low comprehension.

I greatly prefer "moronic" or "moron-like". "Moron" is just plain mean.

Who in the world said that about you. What I've noticed is that your mind sometimes wanders to places I can't follow. I have to sit there and think awhile to get the joke/connection. So maybe others (like myself) are the dumb ones!

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Being thought to be a "moron" merely because of my low comprehension.

I greatly prefer "moronic" or "moron-like". "Moron" is just plain mean.

You’ve misspelled moron.

It’s spelled gee oh oh eff. 

ETA: it just occurred to me.  Goof off  becomes…

Gee! Oh? Oh! Eff off!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

At this point, Maddy, I am convinced your mind is your most attractive feature.

Because it's as weird as mine :)

hm. :::thinks::: Wondering. That could be a compliment. If you look at it just right? Yes, tilt your head just so, and, yeah... that's a compliment. I think. Depends...

Maddy: She's old and has an ok looking brain.

Edited by Seicher Rae
a little extra hilarity
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

hm. :::thinks::: Wondering. That could be a compliment. If you look at it just right? Yes, tilt your head just so, and, yeah... that's a compliment. I think. Depends...

Depends on your viewpoint. Folks that think my mind is a perverted cess-pit of twisted fantasies wouldn't call it a compliment at all, but they are all idiots and I reserve the right to completely ignore their opinions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2