Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

For real. 

So, I hate SL Marketplace to begin with, and generally would rather eat dirt than use it. And nothing confirms my opinions faster than 25 versions of the same full-perm template in varying degrees of acceptable to terrible texturing popping up before anything in original mesh or well-done colors and textures. 

Ya, I was on the other day and seen a full perm item hit the market.. There were none on the MP at the time, then about two hours later they started popping up..

Now the same item has 10 different sellers on the first page.. It's bad enough that they all flock to it right away, but then have to list every color of the same thing in it's own listing, to just really clog up an already clogged up MP..

It just makes it so much harder to get to the ones that do any real texturing or creating themselves..

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I was on the other day and seen a full perm item hit the market.. There were none on the MP at the time, then about two hours later they started popping up..

Now the same item has 10 different sellers on the first page.. It's bad enough that they all flock to it right away, but then have to list every color of the same thing in it's own listing, to just really clog up an already clogged up MP..

It just makes it so much harder to get to the ones that do any real texturing or creating themselves..

This is because there are a couple of full perm sellers who include about 20 completed textures in with their mesh templates.  Resellers don't even have to do any work on texturing to have a saleable product, everything is done for them. And the ones doing the separate listings aren't even bothering to make HUDs like the big, popular full perm template resellers do.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

This is because there are a couple of full perm sellers who include about 20 completed textures in with their mesh templates.  Resellers don't even have to do any work on texturing to have a saleable product, everything is done for them. And the ones doing the separate listings aren't even bothering to make HUDs like the big, popular full perm template resellers do.

The ones that really irritate me the most are the ones that just slap a color on it.

Either way, I'm just looking for the good texturing, texturing in products..

it's like music.. You have the top 40's or you have artists with talent.  hehehe

Unless this body has amazing features no other body has or could offer then its dead in the water for me. why would I trust any brand that would take years after everyone else to offer a new body that brings really nothing new to the table. 

Shapes can be changed in the sliders, I can make 99% the almost exact body wearing Maitreya vs Legacy or Slink.

Unless its something cutting edge, were not even linden lab has yet to add it to the grid. then, I see none of these new bodies as worth buying. I know they have there fan clubs and even a few lindens shilling for them in the blogs but really if anything people should be more excited about new heads not a body most are hiding under clothing most of the times

I can see some need a body with extrema rigging to have boobs bigger then there legs or a butt so big other use it as a chair. but for the majority the only thing this new body does is complicate a market already filled with competing bodies.

I preferred the days of two or three bodies that 99% of creators made things for while making things much more simple for everyone including new residents and feel the reason for all the newer bodies is not to offer something new to the table but of ego.

You think I'm wrong? change my mind. but i bet if someone took a survey most would agree with me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

. I don't know if this would also remove materials. I'd be curious if you'd still see a neck seam with a modified Belleza body.

Materials work just fine on modifed old Belleza bodies, and there is no neck seam.

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's more plausible than Venus getting new clothes made for it. 

Who knows, it might get the same amount of support. Freya is definitely a winner in that regard. Or Jake.

• Like 1

Well, the new Belleza not lookin too revealingly at all, but one which is completely new for a mesh bodies is own genitalies, and i can say it looks great:D

I back to SL after some break, and I thought to buy Legacy or reborn..or at least maybe Maitreya..but...as a new buyer paying 5,5k will have all important thing ..:D

Just the clothes, who have new belleza..will have to wait for a long time i guess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Unless this body has amazing features no other body has or could offer then its dead in the water for me. why would I trust any brand that would take years after everyone else to offer a new body that brings really nothing new to the table. 

Shapes can be changed in the sliders, I can make 99% the almost exact body wearing Maitreya vs Legacy or Slink.

Unless its something cutting edge, were not even linden lab has yet to add it to the grid. then, I see none of these new bodies as worth buying. I know they have there fan clubs and even a few lindens shilling for them in the blogs but really if anything people should be more excited about new heads not a body most are hiding under clothing most of the times

I can see some need a body with extrema rigging to have boobs bigger then there legs or a butt so big other use it as a chair. but for the majority the only thing this new body does is complicate a market already filled with competing bodies.

I preferred the days of two or three bodies that 99% of creators made things for while making things much more simple for everyone including new residents and feel the reason for all the newer bodies is not to offer something new to the table but of ego.

You think I'm wrong? change my mind. but i bet if someone took a survey most would agree with me.

Its the 'new' thing in SL. People jump all over something just because its new-or seems to be. Honestly this is just repackaged and being sold as new...it aint new. ;)

I don't fault the body maker here, I respect the hustle and the marketing. 

Edited by Modulated

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

Its the 'new' thing in SL. People jump all over something just because its new-or seems to be. Honestly this is just repackaged and being sold as new...it aint new. ;)

I'm not seeing the curvy version and Freya being the same thing. if it was the same thing I wouldn't be able to tell right away that they were different.

I wouldn't have bought it if they were the same..  Before buying a mesh body, I run it with all my other bodies..

I'll put on one of the ones I already own and then wear the newer one to compare them.. then just take one off and put it back on then take the other off and put it back on.. then rinse and repeat that with my other bodies.

I can say for certain that Gen X curvy didn't fit any of my other bodies. With Freya it was pretty obvious they were not the same..

I think it's safe to say it's not a repacked older belleza body.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not seeing the curvy version and Freya being the same thing. if it was the same thing I wouldn't be able to tell right away that they were different.

I wouldn't have bought it if they were the same..  Before buying a mesh body, I run it with all my other bodies..

I'll put on one of the ones I already own and then wear the newer one to compare them.. then just take one off and put it back on then take the other off and put it back on.. then rinse and repeat that with my other bodies.

I can say for certain that Gen X curvy didn't fit any of my other bodies. With Freya it was pretty obvious they were not the same..

I could tell you how I know but the creator is threatening people.  I will leave it alone.

• Haha 1

While I don't doubt that people jump on new things in second life, I'm not convinced that it is the norm to do so. I had my Belleza Freya body for 7 years and bought no other bodies in that time. I did like getting new original mesh fashion though and that pretty much went by the wayside when many makers dropped Freya but kept making for Maitreya, Legacy and Kupra... and sometimes others.
I could say I have brand loyalty but the truth of it is no other body has come along that I could make a shape with that I liked as much as my Freya. I would have switched if I had an actual option that worked better. I have an alt with a maitreya body and couldn't make that shape work at all. We tried all the bodies on the market and demo shaped them and nothing did what I wanted. Which agree with it or not was bigger rounder boobs without the huge butt. I had to dial down Freya to almost 0, which I now do with the Belleza Curvy but it's doable now and I have a shape I'm much happier with. 
The butt though.. I still have to say it looks better than what's out there for those that choose to go big. It's more natural looking and appealing to me anyway. I even considered using it without the deformer and giving myself a little more rump overall figuring I could get use to it but my bf didn't like that idea lol.
I think I could have gotten what I wanted with Legacy but I didn't like the prior business practices associated with them, the need to use an outside server with the body or the complexity of the body.  On my old computer it pixelated when I would try to look at someone. With my new computer and changes it's all good but that still told me it was more of a strain than I would chose to go with if I had another option. So I held off buying it and just hoped something better would come along. I'm glad I waited. I was going to buy that body this Black Friday when I assume it will go on sale.  
It's weird to me some people seem offended that there is another new body on the market that looks like it will actually gain traction, and feel the need to belittle it or it's buyers but if that's the way they deal with it. Alrighty then, you do you boo-boo. If there is a market people will buy whether they want the sparkly new thing or it simply suits best how they want to present themselves in sl.
I'm not writing this to change minds here because I know that very rarely happens. I know I'm happy with my purchase and can fall back on my old body and all my clothing when needed until more clothing that I like is produced for Gen X. I'm most happy I can participate in shopping again in general and still like the way I look. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I could tell you how I know but the creator is threatening people.  I will leave it alone.

If you are meaning they just took the older project and reshaped it and worked from that and didn't make it from scratch, they still wouldn't be the same..

Just as Venus and Isis and Freya aren't the same. I don't know what others look for in a body, but the first thing  I look for is, how it shapes and the limits it can go and where it's restricted..

The arms aren't the same as the older bodies, you can't get them to the size of the other bodies.the breasts aren't the same the butt isn't either..

My main thing is how it shapes and does it do that better as well as look better than the older versions. if so then I'll buy it..

If it's the same as any other body that i have, I'll more than likely pass on it..

With some things, I'm not worried how the dish is made, just how it tastes..:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/9/2022 at 5:16 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I had messed with the color pallet and the only thing that worked was pitch black..

I went ahead and put on my maitreya with an even darker skin to show  what I think the real problem is and it's pretty much what I was guessing  it was a few days back in my first post when I first noticed this problem..

If you look at this first image with the Belleza Gen x body,  you can see how the materials are not eased up or faded out or whatever they would call it, But just stays consistent right up to the neck line..

I have the same setting on my maitreya in the image below this one and you can see how things were eased up before reaching the neck line..  I think they are probably going to have to fix that area and back the materials off before the line.. I'm guessing anyways..

1955393346_RLVSetup1_021.thumb.png.c2ebeabdd406cfbc697923d25398ad43.png

I left the necklace on as  kind of a guide to show where the difference starts from the Maitreya compared to the Belleza.. Things are pretty much quiet before even reaching the necklace and no seam line.

1152281894_RLVSetup1_025.thumb.png.34928e6b21e271e628a0321f081bf818.png

It’s morning, and I’m fully awake, my glasses are clean and on, I’m squinting and adjusting my glasses but I can barely make out any detail in these pictures (esp the 2nd one). I don’t want to gripe and groan about being old… but damn… please tell me I’m not alone before I subscribe to the braille version of SL communities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vanettda Lassard said:

It’s morning, and I’m fully awake, my glasses are clean and on, I’m squinting and adjusting my glasses but I can barely make out any detail in these pictures (esp the 2nd one). I don’t want to gripe and groan about being old… but damn… please tell me I’m not alone before I subscribe to the braille version of SL communities.

They are basically to show there is a problem  in the neck area with one body verses another.. I kept the lighting darker in the images to show the materials in the neck area better..

I used a darker skin on the body in the second image to show the materials didn't reach the problem area..

in the first image it shows the materials coming to a cut off point at the seam line in the neck, where in the second image, they don't reach the seam line..

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sanne111 said:

Well, the new Belleza not lookin too revealingly at all, but one which is completely new for a mesh bodies is own genitalies, and i can say it looks great:D

I back to SL after some break, and I thought to buy Legacy or reborn..or at least maybe Maitreya..but...as a new buyer paying 5,5k will have all important thing ..:D

Just the clothes, who have new belleza..will have to wait for a long time i guess.

Maitreya will give you the most skin & clothing options. If you like that body, it's your best bet. Wait for Black Friday weekend if you want a discount. Try the LucyBody on their MM board, if you don't want to wait. It's not as good as Maitreya, but it fits Maitreya clothes. It's best with the BOM applier for $L 250.

Otherwise, demo all the bodies before buying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The new bodies do not fit other clothing. The GenX classic looks similar to Freya, but the shape is slightly different and has the a more detailed genitalia option built in.

I hope they do the same with an update to their male body.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Modulated said:

You've said this twice. Where's your proof?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Unrelated philosophical advice, I always say family members have to take care of family members, just my outlook on life. also in the news LL took up my " hold my beer" shilling challenge overnight.

We live in a strange world of coincidences.

It's not "shilling." It's part of a series showing new users how to use different mesh bodies. Belleza Jake is the second-most worn avatar type in Second Life, of course they'd cover it.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Unrelated philosophical advice, I always say family members have to take care of family members, just my outlook on life. also in the news LL took up my " hold my beer" shilling challenge overnight.

We live in a strange world of coincidences.

It's not overnight, it's been like  3 months maybe since they started that series.. They've been adding the mesh body and head videos since then.

People back when the first ones came out, thought it was favoritism as well, until many learned it was an ongoing series and we had only just gotten the first installment in the University.

This is how many mesh videos and in their correct order so far, that they've added to the University.

Maitreya

Legacy male body

Legacy female body

Lelutka male mesh head

lelutka female mesh head

Ebody Reborn

Inithium Kario

Inithium Kupra

Belleza Jake

Belleza Gen X

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why people think the Lindens shouldn't promote well-made goods in their world. It's in the Lab's best interest to have people buy Linden Dollars and spend them. It's also in the Lab's best interest that people who don't want fishstick fingers and flipper feet find ways to look like the people in the flickr pics and the advertisements so they stick around.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.