Best Mesh Body for Chubby and Thick? Maitreya, Reborn and Legacy

Nekomimis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! With all of the talk about Lara possibly dying, it has me looking around at potentially getting a new mesh body. The ones I've noticed most prevalent in different clothing sizes are Reborn and Legacy. Are either one of these better at getting a nice chubby-thick avatar than the Maitreya Lara? I've been rocking my lara for a while and have quite a vast closet for it, but if there is a way I could get a body that better fits mine irl, I'd love it. Thank you!

• Like 1

Lara isn't dying. 

For thick, it depends on what kind of thick you're looking for. Lower body/hips? Reborn and Legacy do that well. All over thicker? Kupra. Freya, too, but there are less clothing options.

I also have friends who used Lara to get natural all-over-thick shapes and it looked great. One has since switched to Kupra, and I tease her mercilessly about her tiny ankles/feet. Not sure what the other one is wearing these days.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My Maitreya look wasn't exactly chubby but I could have made her moreso without much work.  She was definitely curvier than most I've seen.  People often were surprised when they asked about my shape and body.  It CAN be done.

Mine is definitely chubbier than most avis I've seen after much tweaking on my part! I think the biggest issue I have is the lack of a tummy. Any tummy fat I try to add just makes her look pregnant 😞

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nekomimis said:

Mine is definitely chubbier than most avis I've seen after much tweaking on my part! I think the biggest issue I have is the lack of a tummy. Any tummy fat I try to add just makes her look pregnant 😞

Did you try some of the softer/plus skins being made now? I think Velour has a soft tummy addon like that and maybe...hang on...

Moccino Beaute has a plus size skin.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nekomimis said:

Try to work the butt and stomach sliders together because butt can influence tummy in the sliders..

• Like 5

Both my girl alts are curvy, but in two different ways. Indra started with the Hourglass body and had that for quite some time, so her look is thicker in the hips but slimmer in the waist. For her, Reborn has been the perfect upgrade. The emphasis of this body is strongly on hips and butt, with smaller breasts and very narrow waist. 

d8ec0077602a2aa7d2a0de72afc523ce.thumb.jpg.4b327e288e1433a5b8813d4fd77a3cc9.jpg

With this shape, her body stats are as follows:  Body Thickness = 78, Body Fat = 36, Torso muscles = 100, Shoulders = 44, Breast size = 75, Breast buoyancy = 100, Torso length = 44, Love Handles = 17, Belly size = 0, Leg muscles = 51, Leg length = 48, Hip Width = 15, Hip Length  70, Butt size = 0, Saddle bags = 0  She is not using any deformers in this photo - I usually use just one to lower her breasts a bit more but for the purposes of this pic, I took it off.

So as you can see, many of these sliders are still quite low (and that ass is still big) so there's the potential to get much curvier than this. But that pinched waist will remain, in fact it gets more pronounced, the higher you raised the sliders, which is why I've kept them relatively low. The "pinch point" is just above the part which gets increased with the Love Handles slider.  I don't like to increase the belly size slider to get a chubbier belly because it breaks some clothes and generally looks just pregnant, but increasing the bodyfat slider often works much better.

Tammi on the other hand, is chubbier all over, with focus on the waist. If she had a slim body she'd look pregnant - thats the exact problem I had trying to make her shape with Maitreya/Lucybody, so it was clear that she needed something different too.  The perfect solution for her was Kalhene Erika. I just love this body. It is incredibly versatile and will do just about any shape, from as slim as Maitreya, to the Hourglass shape, to... this one.

Image1.thumb.jpg.d2c732e6ff2edfb6d10c10ef2d226d4f.jpg

The only downside to this lovely body is that there's very little clothing for it (although it does come with a big pack included, and all of it is mod, so I've been re-texturing like craxy on them :D ).  However there are times when she really needs a broader wardrobe so when not using Erika, she switches to Belleza Freya, which is the only other body I've found which can achieve this kind of shape.

Image3.thumb.jpg.962cd9fa40b2dc12df24acd11dba3039.jpg

Freya has a couple of issues at this size - the breasts are naturally quite perky and they really need a deformer to bring them down and look more natural. A physics layer with high gravity will also help with that.  The other issue is that the butt looks deformed at this amount of bodyfat. With clothing on its usually fine, but you'll never find her naked or in swimwear with the Freya body, she'll switch to Erika for that.

So here's Tammi's stats with Freya:   Body Thickness = 100, Body Fat = 100, Torso muscles = 100, Shoulders = 60, Breast size = 100, Breast buoyancy = 100, Torso length = 43, Love Handles = 60, Belly size = 23, Leg muscles = 71, Leg length = 25, Hip Width = 51, Hip Length  95, Butt size = 50, Saddle bags = 33

As you can see from the numbers, she can't get much bigger than this. She's also very short; only 5.8 feet as opposed to Indra's 6.2, which helps a lot. You could put the same numbers on an avatar that's 7 ft tall and she'd look slim. 

I tried a demo of Reborn for Tammi too, but it was hopeless. I couldn't get anywhere near this shape with it. Haven't tried Legacy (I would not buy it, ever) but I have seen other people use it for curvier avatars. Nowhere near Tammi's size, maybe closer to Indra's but with less of a waist pinch. So if you're looking for something that's halfway between these two shapes, that might be one to demo. 

TL;DR -  my top choices would be Reborn for a slimmer waist and hourglass shape, and Erika + Freya (both if you can possibly manage it) for an overall chubby shape. Even buying both Erika and Freya together, it's still going to be significantly cheaper than Legacy, and cheaper than Reborn too.  And I can pretty much guarantee that any shape you're able to achieve with Legacy, you'll also be able to do with Erika.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Both my girl alts are curvy, but in two different ways. Indra started with the Hourglass body and had that for quite some time, so her look is thicker in the hips but slimmer in the waist. For her, Reborn has been the perfect upgrade. The emphasis of this body is strongly on hips and butt, with smaller breasts and very narrow waist. 

d8ec0077602a2aa7d2a0de72afc523ce.thumb.jpg.4b327e288e1433a5b8813d4fd77a3cc9.jpg

You've done a really good job there Lewis. I tried the Reborn demo when it  first came out and it seemed way too exaggerated, but that looks realistic and natural.  I currently use Freya and my avatar is "thick" but muscular, not chubby - with my skin, I think Reborn just might work after all...  

So the next question - does it have modify perms?

Edited by Maitimo
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The best one for getting proportions of curvy, chubby or thick is in my opinion, Kalhene Erika.. It just doesn't have support like the others..

Even after all this time, I still keep my fingers crossed  hoping it will somehow rise up.. But more than likely won't.

Well, there's the Kalhene Erika event which just opened today. I looked through what was available and wasn't impressed much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, there isn't a wide variety of things for that body.. I do like the body itself though.

Celebrate Shapely Beauty At The Kahlene Erika Body Fair! | Seraphim (seraphimsl.com)

Even if there isn't anything AT the event, it's worth checking out the stores who do have items there.  They might have more things for it that you might like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Celebrate Shapely Beauty At The Kahlene Erika Body Fair! | Seraphim (seraphimsl.com)

Even if there isn't anything AT the event, it's worth checking out the stores who do have items there.  They might have more things for it that you might like.

I went to the event and  did a walk around and pretty much left..

I've been through their whole flicker, which as soon as something shows up, it's on their flicker..

I check it once a week in hopes that something has changed, but really not much has changed since the beginning..It's in that same niche as it started out as..

If anyone ever shows up with a store that has a variety of things for that body that can actually texture rather than paint.. I'll be all over it like honey to toast.. hehehe

• Thanks 1

So, Lara isn't "dying" per se, but as more and more new creators come into the picture, they are going to need the dev kit (which is by application only and the brand needs to send them out to people), but at this point they are completely unresponsive when it comes to getting it so very few if any newer creators are able to get the kit. Plus, many other newer bodies are out that people use and since little to no new creators are going to be able to create for Maitreya, it is eventually going to become less and less popular. In other words, if no one can get the kit, there will stop being new clothing made for it, people will move on, and it will be rendered obsolete. However, given that Maitreya has been around for almost a decade now, there will never be a shortage of clothing for it. There are hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, of products made for it, so wearers will never run out of options even if it were to be eventually excluded from newer product releases.

BUT with that being said, if you are looking to switch, it would depend on what your current shape looks like. Maitreya isn't a very curvy/thick body (not that it can't be, but it is not innately), so if you're on the more extreme end of Maitreya and you aren't satisfied, Reborn would be your best bet. It is a bigger body over all, even with sliders set low. Your Maitreya shape will be twice as thick when worn the Reborn body. If you're on the middle end and just want to be curvy but still thin or toned, Legacy will be your best bet. Legacy can also be thick, but will require your sliders to be up much higher, similar to Maitreya shapes. Reborn also has more approved mods made for it, where Legacy is a little stingy with approving them for their body, so keep that in mind too if you like using mods like juicy boobs or the maze soft thighs (which is available for both but the boobs ones are made by different creators for different bodies and none of them look the same). 

• Like 2

Does Maitreya make anything anymore? I think all the stuff in the store is the same stuff for years.. I haven't really seen anything new in there unless I'm missing it..

I mean it's good things they have there, but has anyone else seen anything new there other than a last update or body addons?

Come to think of it, The group hasn't even popped in years.. The "I love Maitreya" group is where it seems a lot of people hang for that body these days for questions and support.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

They make regular updates to the body. The most recent was an update to make the body compatible with Universal Neck.

I was just curious about their clothes and things. They always made such nice things and just haven't noticed anything new.. I hate to see them leave that part of the market if they aren't making those things anymore.

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was just curious about their clothes and things. They always made such nice things and just haven't noticed anything new.. I hate to see them leave that part of the market if they aren't making those things anymore.

Lelutka used to make some really nice clothing and hair but they gave that up, too.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jade Nova said:

So, Lara isn't "dying" per se, but as more and more new creators come into the picture, they are going to need the dev kit (which is by application only and the brand needs to send them out to people), but at this point they are completely unresponsive when it comes to getting it so very few if any newer creators are able to get the kit. Plus, many other newer bodies are out that people use and since little to no new creators are going to be able to create for Maitreya, it is eventually going to become less and less popular. In other words, if no one can get the kit, there will stop being new clothing made for it, people will move on, and it will be rendered obsolete.

What will keep all the people who are already making clothing for Maitreya from continuing to make it? Considering that there are so many, I doubt there'll be a shortage of clothing for it in my lifetime.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:46 PM, Jade Nova said:

So, Lara isn't "dying" per se, but as more and more new creators come into the picture, they are going to need the dev kit (which is by application only and the brand needs to send them out to people), but at this point they are completely unresponsive when it comes to getting it so very few if any newer creators are able to get the kit.

Not so sure about that.

I can't speak for very recently, but a year ago I read similar to the above so often that when I wanted a dev kit, I nearly didn't bother asking. My first Lara mermaid tail was rigged by trial and error.

I did ask though, and had a kit within a week with no trouble. I'm hardly a big name maker; I only dabble in it for fun (and didn't pretend otherwise) although I also take it seriously, with regards to licensing and product quality.

Like I say, that was almost exactly a year ago so maybe things have changed but back then, there was no problem getting a dev kit.

Edited by Rick Daylight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.