Hey! Forum Lurkers and Silent Friends! Say Hello Here!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I was a rare poster. I lurk now because I enjoy reading other people's posts and observing the interactions, both here and inworld. I don't think any of my previous posts really added anything to the forums so I leave the posting to those who are far more knowledgable and enjoyable.

Hi Charlotte!

Posting here can sometimes feeling like reaching into an unplugged blender, and hoping that it is securely turned "off," so I can understand why some hesitate. I'm pretty sure, though, that whatever you've had to contribute here in the past was worthwhile and appreciated! I can't speak to your knowledge, but I've certainly enjoyed this post!

Thank you for saying hi!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

*waves*

I'm a lurker of the internet at large. I rarely ever comment anywhere. I'm just another introvert I suppose, I'd rather watch the show than be in it. I like the photo threads and will hit a like on some of the posts there. I've recently started hitting like (or laugh) on some posts in GD. Baby steps I guess? I just find that I don't often have a lot to say, or that what I would say has already been stated.

Y'all seem pretty cool though, and I love SL so when I've got nothing to do I read through these forums. I just like to read. :)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Amelia Mitchell said:
4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

omg. This seriously upset me to watch. Poor little guy. 

I was suffering during the whole video too, luckily the poor guy  didn't get hit by any car

I've had two encounters like this. The first was on I-94 between Milwaukee and Chicago, mid-day. Two ducks and their chicks decided to hitchhike. I stopped my car, straddling the left two lanes, and flagged down a car to straddle the right two. After several minutes of honking, quacking, yelling, laughing and general madness, we got the tour party turned around and off to safety. I don't think I've ever seen so many smiling faces on the Interstate.

Some years later, at night, I encountered a magnificent snapping turtle trying to cross the Milwaukee River via bridge. I'd been bitten and tail whipped by one when young, and wasn't looking for a repeat experience. I tried to coax her off the bridge with my feet, but she wasn't having it. It was just a matter of time before a drunk came along and killed us both (that's another story), so I called 911 for someone with gloves. Two squad cars later, after trying to figure out where she wanted to go, we got Ms. Wiggly to the river bank. I'll never know for sure if we'd got her to her destination, or back to her starting point. Think twice before accepting my help.

I imagine the beaver in that video escaped without harm. S/he was probably in only a bit more danger than the person wielding the camera, and possibly as oblivious to it. Every day I see new road kill, or evidence of predation in my yard, I am thankful I'm a human.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dream Starchild said:

*waves*

I'm a lurker of the internet at large. I rarely ever comment anywhere. I'm just another introvert I suppose, I'd rather watch the show than be in it. I like the photo threads and will hit a like on some of the posts there. I've recently started hitting like (or laugh) on some posts in GD. Baby steps I guess? I just find that I don't often have a lot to say, or that what I would say has already been stated.

Y'all seem pretty cool though, and I love SL so when I've got nothing to do I read through these forums. I just like to read. :)

Hi, Dream!

Having nothing to say has never stopped me. It already being said has never stopped me either.

There, I've set the bar low enough you can get over it.

But, if you just like to read, I'm not the only one here that can't be shut up.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Dream Starchild said:

*waves*

I'm very much an introvert, which is one reason I like the Forum. I can be social without having to fully engage. I thought when I started SL that my little avatar would be able to be more of an extrovert. Nope. :) Interacting inworld with a group of avatar pixels is about the same amount of stress and draining as it is IRL. I know I'm talking with mostly, kinda real people here in the Forums but it just feels different. You like to read us? Like to???? Then you, too, may be just odd enough to fit right in! :) 

It took me about four years to type in local at my favorite music club inworld. Now they can't get me to shut up. It was kind of the same here. Introverts need to ease into things.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Madelaine McMasters Where I lived for many years  there's not too much wild nature (Though there's a natural park just some miles away with a few species, wild boars among others) anyhow, I had a big animal-related scare some years ago. A puppy walking along the railroad near to my former house. The poor thing wanted to move out of there but there were tall walls at both sides of the railroad with just a few small holes here and there , only wide enough for the puppy to poke his head through...well; I rushed to the phone, called the local police to ask them to call the train stations near to that part of railroad to stop the trains' circulation until they could come and get the puppy outta there, called too the train stations. Luckily the police believed me, and so did the nearest train stations' workers in charge that evening,  and the puppy was in my arms short minutes later. I think I would have been very traumatized if the train had killed the  puppy, especially because, being wheelchair bound I had no way to try and climb that wall, regardless of how risky it migh be.

Btw, since back then I had already 3 dogs,  I didn't keep him. My next door neighbor did it though

Edited by Amelia Mitchell
Typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone! Gosh I checked my forum profile and see that I have never posted. And I just recently had my 14th Rez Day! So, a long-time lurker here. I initially came to seek out SL guidance, tips, and tricks, and still to date turn to the forum for quick answers to my “how to” questions. Then I stick around eavesdropping and pearl-clutching, while alternately laughing and pursing my lips. Truly enjoy the collective wit and mild snark. I’m a definite fan girl of MANY of you, but of course have my favorite crushes. Won’t tell, won’t tell. 🤩

Thanks Forum People for making my SL even more interesting (and thank you too, Scylla, for coaxing us lurkers out). 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.