Is velour skin BOM or not ?

cunomar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A shop i will never visit again because I'm not interested in chatting on facebook or discord or any place similar I'm in SL but theres no answers to be found from the shop in world .

Months ago i gave up wondering why a flat chest skin only changes the colour of your chest but recently i decided to experiment with the money i wasted on it .

Trawling google i learned i also have to buy the Ipanema body applier . Took me a long time and a demo to work out thats what the bottles on the wall are though nobody will tell you so and there is nothing at all in the shop to suggest it might be true .

8 hours and i finally have body skin to match my chest ............... but my classic head looks like its been dipped in mud though eyes and teeth seem fine - so what now ?

• Haha 1

The Ve!our BODY skins are BOM and simply a body skin, no face.  Many many shops that sell face skins make their shades to match the Velour body skins.  Those shops don't even sell a body skin just the face skin on a tattoo layer.

• Like 2

Just now, cunomar said:

Thought bom worked with classic ?

It does depending on the skin.  As I said, Velour Body skins are only BODY skins with no face texture.  You have to find a face/head skin to match.  No all Face/Head skin creators make body skins anymore.  They make their head skins as tattoo layers to wear with the system/BOM body skins from Velour.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cunomar said:

If it were body only then that would be fine because my head was a fair enough match until the body skin was added , but it seems i have body and head only head doesn't work ?

Instead of wearing the system skin in the ipanema folder, try wearing your old skin and then the Tattoo layer of the body skin.

• Like 2

I don't use layers , don't see the point in bom if you do . Will work for some of course but then so did mesh which i found awful .

8 hours just to change skin and i been in SL almost daily for 5 years ................. poor newbies lol .

All fixed though so thanks for your suggestions 👍

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, cunomar said:

I don't use layers , don't see the point in bom if you do . Will work for some of course but then so did mesh which i found awful .

8 hours just to change skin and i been in SL almost daily for 5 years ................. poor newbies lol .

All fixed though so thanks for your suggestions 👍

I meant the tattoo BOM layer for the body.  If your regular face is showing then you are wearing your old BOM/system skin and must have put the Velour tattoo on?  You layer on BOM stuff on top of other BOM stuff.  I have a tattoo layer/BOM face with BOM eyeshadow, BOM moles, BOM freckles.  That's what I meant by layer.  Not the old applier layers.

Probably we just have different understanding of the same thing , and i am in no doubt yours is greater and more technical than mine .

To me bom is just classic though you don't have to wear alphas and everything is a tattoo .

Body folder has loads of layer options to be added but i never added any of them .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cunomar said:

Probably we just have different understanding of the same thing , and i am in no doubt yours is greater and more technical than mine .

To me bom is just classic though you don't have to wear alphas and everything is a tattoo .

Body folder has loads of layer options to be added but i never added any of them .

If you are not willing to use layers, plural, then you can not use skins as they work now.

The classic SL skins is one skin, drawn all in one, covering every inch. Now a skin is sold as a body skin, a face skin and then special add-ons like a flat chest (as you have), freckles, body hair and many other things.

Those who sell body skins can use a brown color for the head. They do not bother to texture it. Those who sell head skins, can use a brown texture for the body, for the same reason.

This sounds like a terrible hassle and stupid? But it is done this way to give more flexibility. Some love the way a body is drawn, the nipples, the muscle, the softness. But they dislike how the head looks. Now they can buy a head skin from another creator, and then they have the look they want.

It has become more and more popular that creators only make the part of the skin they like to work with and if that is heads, they only do the head skin and agree to match them to another creator, who specialize in body skins.

If the Velour folder has many options, it is now time to test them and see if you have a tattoo layer there with only the body and a transparent face, not a brown color. You can use that layer instead of the skin layer, and have the classic face.

This is where one has to accept that it is how skins are sold today, and start to add layers with tattoo symbols so you have the body skin first, then the flat chest, then the face, then other layers you want. Save an outfit with the layers, so you can wear them again in case you take off some by a mistake.

• Like 7

I never worked out how to use them slots either . Shrugs I'm a man , I don't like shopping and changing my av in any way at all is typically a long frustrating process .

On this occasion the process could have been less painful if the chest purchase stated "if you buy this then you will also have to buy a body applier"  AND a sign on the wall indicating "these are body appliers" .

I'm not clairvoyant but i did work it out several hours after deciding i will quit the group and delete the landmark for good just as soon as i have my answers .

I'm sure if i could be bothered i could find a head skin that will match perfectly in colour , only it will be called something entirely different meaning i will have to demo almost every choice in whatever shops google suggests , and then i will find out that is the right colour but the wrong sex .

I'm used to all this , but if a newbie asks why has my head gone brown tell them to wear the skin the had earlier again . A simple fix is what they want , and then if they are interested you might press upon them all the wonderfully complex fancy alternative options they could also exercise .

I'm experimenting because it beggars belief that nobody has ever managed to put together a slim male avatar that is not Adonis or 90% female .

If they can make a flat chest female skin why can't they make exactly the same skin for males ?

Currently available for girls , flat , petite , curvy , etc

For guys , gym freak , macho man , steroid abuser .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.