To AR Is Human . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I did not notice it said 1931, not 1941. 

So - I assume you are joking (I am comprehension-challenged), and "1931" is yet something else they got wrong in the meme!

Otherwise (again joking): Cool that this was planned "10 years before the war"!

Oh, Love. There is sooooo much wrong with this that it would take a short essay to explicate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Can't decide if this is sad or just funny as hell.  It does make me want to see what other rubbish he's posted.

The creator of a viral post said the meme he made was meant as nothing more than a gag for a limited audience, but some viewers took it seriously.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/12/30/pearl-harbor-inside-job/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Yeah, I thought it might be, which is why I searched on Twitter to find the original sender (but couldn't find him). But it was too funny to resist.

It wouldn't be hard to find other more legit versions -- but they'd likely be more overtly political than I want to get into here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

This whole contrarian thing reminds me of the tenth man where Israeli intelligence acknowledged the possibility of groupthink failure and made a policy of assigning one person to oppose them.

https://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2017/05/21/how-israeli-intelligence-failures-led-to-a-devils-advocate-role.html

"Hiring Free Thinker Contrarians! Apply now!

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What he doesn't seem to understand is that the Japanese bombers began their journey in "1931" precisely because they knew it was going to take 10 years to reach Hawaii. If they were going to make it in time for the "day that will live on in infamy," they needed that much time.

So, yeah, this argument looks convincing, but is flawed.

It's flawed because the flat earth map looks like this anyway ;)

51432_orig.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I thought it might be, which is why I searched on Twitter to find the original sender (but couldn't find him). But it was too funny to resist.

It wouldn't be hard to find other more legit versions -- but they'd likely be more overtly political than I want to get into here.

Here's one real conspiracy theory by "free thinkers" that's non-political.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and insulting them.

On topic: Disagreeing - should not be AR. Insulting - maybe AR, depends on a lot. 

Well some do insult diplomatically. It leaves the other wondering whether there is agreement or not. In ways the more direct insult is nicer because at least the other isn't left wondering.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

but every single post of yours insults somebody and not disagrees :)

It is kind of you to offer your opinion on this popular topic. I find that your posts are very engaging, eliciting much consideration. Thank you for participating on the Forum!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well some do insult diplomatically. It leaves the other wondering whether there is agreement or not. In ways the more direct insult is nicer because at least the other isn't left wondering.

Thank you for your interesting and well-thought consideration!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

When you have as many sneer responses to posts as I have, Belinda's approach is rather refreshing as at least she has given you the opportunity to engage vs those who just laugh at serious posts without offering a an opening to engage in dialogue.

I take your point, actually.

[Redacted as no longer applies]

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.