Strange effects with Advanced Lighting Model with Linux Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've started, in the last two weeks I think, to see very strange effects with the Advanced Lighting Model.  In some regions I get stripes on every surface, and in others I get items flashing on and off as I change my view.   I have not seen anyone else reporting this, and wondered if it was just my set-up.  I am running Firestorm on Archlinux, which is pretty cutting-edge, but I checked with the Official Viewer and got the same effect.  My hardware uses a nVidia GTX 1070ti GPU with a Ryzen 2700x and 32Gb of memory.  All the issues go if I switch ALM off.

Does anyone have any ideas for fixing or researching?

Edited by Anna Nova

This kind of thing is the reason why I stay on the LTS releases for Ubuntu.  The whole experience is very stable and support lasts for much longer that the non-LTS releases.  Sure, I miss out on the latest updates to applications but I don't need to be on the latest versions.  Still get all security patches, etc.  Never had my Nvidia driver break either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I'm still on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and am seeing no issues here with the Nvidia driver (v5.10 I believe).

Ya, Arch is a bit cutting edge.  Kernel 5.18.3 and nVidia 515.48.07.  I think Ubuntu would call it 5.15.  

Bizzartifacts.

516.40-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql is a NOPE.  (It doesn't work properly with Second Life.)

So I stepped back to:

512.95-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql is a YES.  (It works properly with Second Life.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.