RLV Relay (standalone) that attaches to your body?

primerib1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so I'm currently wearing RealEvil's Inked Collar, which despite beautiful, does not come with a built-in RLV Relay. Rather, it gives you a "Turbo Safety RLV Relay" that attaches to the HUD.

Problem is, the RLV Relay locks itself to the HUD, making Kokua (my viewer -- I'm on Linux) not able to clean up the HUDs when taking a screenshot.

Tried to attach the relay on my body is a no-go; the "Turbo" relay refuses to attach saying that it must be attached to the HUD.

Is there a 'standalone' RLV Relay that can be attached to the body instead of / in addition to the HUD?

Much thanks in advance, and sorry if this is not the right forum to post, I'm new here.

19 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

There are free ones that attach as a HuD.

Well that's exactly what I don't want: Attaching as HUD.

I'm looking for those that attach to the body instead, but not as a collar. Maybe say like a gem that I can attach to "tail base" or something.

Edit: Hmmm... on the other hand, I will take a look. Maybe there can be some that doesn't lock themselves on the HUD...

Edited by primerib1
  • Like 1

Ah, okay. I didn't clock the problem you're having. It sounds like more of a viewer problem, then a 'attaches to the HuD' problem.

I use Firestorm and on occasion Black Dragon. Firestorm has a linux version. Both of them however have the ability to hide huds while taking pictures. Which seems to be more of what you want, to not have the hud show up when taking pics. Set up the pic in Kokua and snap it in Firestorm if Firestorm has a problem running on your system. That what I do with Firestorm and Black Dragon. (I set the pic up in Firestorm and snap it in Black Dragon when I want to have the photo features in BD.)

The other option is to strip down an OC collar for the relay and stuff the relay script into an invisiprim and attach it wherever. Or wear an OC collar and just hide it.

Stand alone relays have a hud so you're able to click it to change things on the fly.

The MP listing for that product show that it's on OC 7 (maybe).  I know that Open Collar does directly support an internal relay, not HUD based) it's under the RLV menu, if memory serves correctly.  If you're not finding it there for whatever reason, you might try updating to the latest OC release (8.something if, again, memory serves) and turning on the internal relay. Then you'd not need the HUD relay at all.  The HUD based relays are designed give better visual indicators on what is going on and just really won't work as an attachment as a result.

• Like 2

Ctrl-Alt-F1 turns off most of the UI's on-screen stuff. Which is helpful when doing OBS video. Stills are most easily done with the viewer's snapshots, as Louise said. By default the viewer's camera turns off the UI stuff... well... not off. You can still see the controls but they do not show up in the image.

The Temple of the Collar has jewelry with built in RLV relays.

As I posted in the other thread ... 

17 hours ago, primerib1 said:

Problem is, the RLV Relay locks itself to the HUD, making Kokua (my viewer -- I'm on Linux) not able to clean up the HUDs when taking a screenshot.

Easy work around.

Add the relay HUD and make sure its unlocked (I recommend the DEM relay HUD)

Edit it on your HUD, scroll down on the mousewheel and move the HUD outside of the rectangle.

Detach and reattach the HUD (this saves the position).

Right click on it in inventory to get to the menu and lock it.

One Locked HUD attachment that wont show up in screen shots.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 4:14 AM, primerib1 said:

Okay so I'm currently wearing RealEvil's Inked Collar, which despite beautiful, does not come with a built-in RLV Relay. Rather, it gives you a "Turbo Safety RLV Relay" that attaches to the HUD.

Tried to attach the relay on my body is a no-go; the "Turbo" relay refuses to attach saying that it must be attached to the HUD.

Is there a 'standalone' RLV Relay that can be attached to the body instead of / in addition to the HUD?

Much thanks in advance, and sorry if this is not the right forum to post, I'm new here.

Firestorm makes a Linux version >_>

• Like 1

I have one called "The One Ring" that acts as a relay, or as a controller, attach it to you and it controls you or put it on the HUD and it controls others.

It works out rather well because my elf is one of my "adult" avatars and the Tolkien style ring looks really good on her... Though people have a hard time realizing what it is.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:14 AM, primerib1 said:

Two suggestions:

1) Use the viewer Snapshot function instead of just doing a screen grab. The snapshot hides huds by default. Save to disk. If you need to share the screenshot by gyazo or something like that, open it in a photo viewer app or graphics editing program and gyazo it from there. 

2) Alternaively, slide the hud off-screen: right click to select it and go into edit mode, then use your mouse wheel to zoom out - you'll see the area of the screen outlined in white. Use the arrow keys to drag it outside that white window. When you release edit mode, the vew will snap back to full screen and the hud is hidden off screen. To get it back, click a different hud (your AO for example), scroll back as before, then swap your selection  to the RealEvil hud and drag it back.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

That and people don't randomly interact with each others attachments anymore unless you deliberately hang a lantern on it and explicitly state "click this, go on, it's ok".

Having been talked into wearing an invisible "spanker" on my butt, (once and only once), I can attest that this s not true. Some people must go round their entire SL lives with Highlight Transparent enabled.

Never again.

• Haha 2

Just now, Maitimo said:

Having been talked into wearing an invisible "spanker" on my butt, (once and only once), I can attest that this s not true. Some people must go round their entire SL lives with Highlight Transparent enabled.

Never again.

Spankers are probably the exception.

nylGOLu.png

I've been walking round with this for a couple of years solid.

Pictured is a bot made by Bondi, but that part gets swapped out depending on outfit.

Above and enclosing the character is a little thing of my own, made to look like a quest giver in an MMO.

yJdK2Ky.png

When clicked it hands out a random silly quest and some effects and pays the clicker 10L

There is a 30 minute per avatar cooldown so I can't be spam farmed, although trying is rewarded with a few amusing interactions. 

This is all done in private, so should one person click, it wont clue in people nearby.

It also tracks how much has been paid out.

Clickers ordered by how clicky they are, most to least.

• Friends who have figured out the cool down and just want to see all the quests or find it hilarious to "findom" me 10L at a time.
  • Actual newbies.
  • Random people out and about in SL, shopping or clubs.. and half the time they have misclicked trying to cam, gotten a quest and 10L and are now in my IM's apologizing and trying to give my money back.
  • Alexa Linden

In 2 years of constant use, taken everywhere - clubs, shopping, adult places, newbie locations, doing viewer support, basically everywhere I go .. 

I have paid out L$ 2150

• Like 6

i have a tail which hardly anyone touches ever much after the first time. Mostly because it goes all like

Molly murmurs that your concupiscence to tactilise my tail is a inexplicable volte-face concerning, and reinforces the illegitimation of corporeality and the teleology of an anthropocentric animalism which is a masterpiece of reductive inexactness.

Molly mutters that your fascination to palpate my tail is a exhaustive analysis of and invests itself in the socialization of the natural and the formation of panopticism which draws attention to the reconcilable difference between languages and idioms when clickable actions speak for us.

Molly whispers that your cupidity to caress my tail is a incautious appraisal of and is symptomatic of the articulation of teleological narrative and the affirmation of commodified sexualisation which introduces a hardening of intent, too long pocketed out of sight.

Molly suggests that your yearning to feel my tail is a highly ambitious exposition of and questions the very notion of the phenomenalism of the enigmatic and the nomination of structural identity which is exceptionally resistant to summary, as befits its projection.

Molly mentions that your salacity to caress my tail is a ambiguous demonstration of and comes from the systemization of communicative irrationality and the exploitation of post-seduction analysis which revives the oft-neglected field of poststructuralist insemantical desire.

😸

ps. the total number of nonsenses my tail can say is

6 x 13 x 14 x 54 x 68 x 64 x 51 x 47 x 64 = 39,368,901,132,288

so anybody who did ever want to keep touching to find the end is gunna be there for a quite a while

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I've been walking round with this for a couple of years solid.

yJdK2Ky.png

This is AWESOME!  Now I want to walk round SL with one of those markers over my head, and give out silly quests to newbies (ones that will actually teach them how to do stuff like use search, teleports etc).

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

Molly murmurs that your concupiscence to tactilise my tail is a inexplicable volte-face concerning, and reinforces the illegitimation of corporeality and the teleology of an anthropocentric animalism which is a masterpiece of reductive inexactness.

Those are hilarious too. Maybe I should add stuff like that to my spanker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Maitimo said:

Those are hilarious too. Maybe I should add stuff like that to my spanker.

my tail script I modded from Smedley which is here

is interesting to me how these kinds of language constructors can produce many different sentences on any number of topics/themes

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.