!! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

CALLED IT!

Corporations treating pride as a marketing opportunity is not new, nor is them not updating their social media images in some locations.

Showing solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community during pride is one thing, treating it as a marketing opportunity or trying to have it both ways by funding regressive anti-LGBTQ domestic politicians does not go unnoticed.

At the end of the day, while corporate support is broadly welcome by the wider LGBTQ+ community, It's not pride because BRAND put's a rainbow on their logo, and any doing so can expect to be held to their statements supporting LGBTQ + rights and identities.

There is a growing expectation that flying the flag in support must also come with meaningful action and support the rest of the year too.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Corporations treating pride as a marketing opportunity is not new, nor is them not updating their social media images in some locations.

Showing solidarity with the LGBTQ+ community during pride is one thing, treating it as a marketing opportunity or trying to have it both ways by funding regressive anti-LGBTQ domestic politicians does not go unnoticed.

At the end of the day, while corporate support is broadly welcome by the wider LGBTQ+ community, It's not pride because BRAND put's a rainbow on their logo, and any doing so can expect to be held to their statements supporting LGBTQ + rights and identities.

There is a growing expectation that flying the flag in support must also come with meaningful action and support the rest of the year too.

I'd be more impressed if they left their logo that way all year round and flew their flags in September.

Funny - I can only think of two companies that would actually do that, and they don't even participate in the predictable June branding shenanigans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'd be more impressed if they left their logo that way all year round and flew their flags in September.

Funny - I can only think of two companies that would actually do that, and they don't even participate in the predictable June branding shenanigans.

What would impress me is not bothering with changing their logos at all, but instead putting some profit money into organizations that support these groups full time. BLM one month, rainbow another, but then the CEO goes out and buys a gold plated yacht anyway, vs donating to NAACP or HRC come tax time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

What would impress me is not bothering with changing their logos at all, but instead putting some profit money into organizations that support these groups full time. BLM one month, rainbow another, but then the CEO goes out and buys a gold plated yacht anyway, vs donating to NAACP or HRC come tax time.

Corporate pride is broadly welcome because it raises visibility and awareness, not least of all for LGBTQ+ employees of those participating. Hypocrisy will be called out.

We will not be pushed back in the closet.

Pride is about visibility and maintaining that visibility is vital for our on going civil rights and social acceptance, especially for younger people just coming to grips with their identity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Corporate pride is broadly welcome because it raises visibility and awareness, not least of all for LGBTQ+ employees of those participating. Hypocrisy will be called out.

We will not be pushed back in the closet.

Pride is about visibility and maintaining that visibility is vital for our on going civil rights and social acceptance, especially for younger people just coming to grips with their identity.

The only people helped by "corporate pride" are the stakeholders that see profits go up when they put a rainbow flag on their product.

I'm honestly a little surprised that you'd be arguing for pointless virtue signaling and against my suggestion that they should instead be putting their money and efforts into making meaningful change.

As a matter if fact, some of this "visibility and awareness" is so in your face it crosses into being confrontational, which does more harm than good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While I'm definitely no fan of ever-shifting company logos without meaningful action, this is probably not the best thread to be worrying about that in.

We're celebrating Pride up in hurr.

Anyhoo, my slacking booty did not take photos of my new Pride boots yet but guys - the AsteroidBox boots are TOO DANG CUTE (well, they're very stompy like New Rocks, but that's cute to me). And they include male and female sizes. And unrigged. And the back strip is animated. And they come with a bunch of flag designs. And they fit over my pants (that's a miracle in and of itself). And yes, I will wear them all year round cuz dat's wut I do. 

AsteroidBox-4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

As a matter if fact, some of this "visibility and awareness" is so in your face it crosses into being confrontational, which does more harm than good.

The increasing number of people openly and publicly prepared to identify as being LGBTQ+ unequivocally demonstrates it absolutely does not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States

It's amazing how many people come out of the woodwork when "the thing" goes from being being openly punishable to embraced. No one is being made queer, we were here all along and literally silenced.

Care to guess when societies attitudes changed and stopped actively punishing left handed people? Bet that felt pretty confrontational. 

FU6nD1I.png

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

While I'm definitely no fan of ever-shifting company logos without meaningful action, this is probably not the best thread to be worrying about that in.

Anyhoo, my slacking booty did not take photos of my new Pride boots yet but guys - the AsteroidBox boots are TOO DANG CUTE (well, they're very stompy like New Rocks, but that's cute to me). And they include male and female sizes. And unrigged. And the back strip is animated. And they come with a bunch of flag designs. And they fit over my pants (that's a miracle in and of itself). And yes, I will wear them all year round cuz dat's wut I do. 

AsteroidBox-4.jpg

I NEED those boots! 😲

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, VaelFaye said:

I NEED those boots! 😲

31 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You an me both. They would look awesome with a floofy cake dress!

Yaaaaaaaaas! 99L!

This should work (lemme know if it doesn't - grabbed it from Seraphim):

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/AsteroidBox/102/126/22

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added price
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

AsteroidBox-4.jpg

oOo, now I have some sh*tstompers but nothing like this!    Must shop...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

If you stay on this thread past page 2 you will turn gay.  I put a spell on the thread.

pride witch.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

oOo, now I have some sh*tstompers but nothing like this!    Must shop...

Girrrrrrrrl they really ARE like New Rocks! Look those up. You could own a pair just like those in RL if you've got a spare $400. 🤣

Edit: Minus the neon lights. Which honestly is the best part.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Girrrrrrrrl they really ARE like New Rocks! Look those up. You could own a pair just like those in RL if you've got a spare $400. 🤣

And I thought my hundred dollar Birkenstocks were expensive!!

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

And I thought my hundred dollar Birkenstocks were expensive!!

Yeah, no such thing as cheap stompers from that brand, that's for sure. They probably last a whole lifetime, though. They look durable as hell.

Edit: Check their website! They even do sandals and sneakers n stuffs.

Omg this is now a shoe thread 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I don't see how this could have gone any other way.

LOL! My bad. Everyone feel free to post your pride-related hauls (that aren't shoes!).

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

lol well, Birkenstocks are known as the sandal of choice by lesbians....so we're kind of on track    :)

Okay so we're half on topic! 🤣

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.