After days of trying to log on.. I finally figured out why. THEY IP BANNED ME!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, so second life, they banned my account by ip but I did not get any email? I am not sure why; I follow the rules and I do not grief. My avatar is still active and so is my marketplace, so I do not understand. I believe I may have been hacked as my Ebay, PayPal and other passwords have been compromised and I have sent evidence of this. Also someone is syphoning $ out of the account I cannot get to, strange coincidence huh? So if I send you a message, DO NOT OPEN IT! It could be a second life griefer/hacker. If they do not answer me I will probably take this to a higher Archy like BBB. What A sketchy game. I watch my balance go down everyday and nothing is being done about it. I will continue to let people know not to waste their money on this game, as I don't want others to be ripped off as well. Thank you for listening to my rant. ❤️ you guys! p.s. You will not get a banned message or an email explaining why you got kicked but you will get this notification when trying to logon several times a day :/ Hope this helped someone

Screenshot_2020-07-08_13-47-41.thumb.png.65ccffb22e8a170dc39cb1e30c60841f.png

• Sad 1

From your other thread..

57 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

You need to follow these steps immediately

If you can't log in on your regular account, use "continue as guest" and open a ticket using your email

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Why_is_my_account_on_hold?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DarkMistress88 said:

Changed my proxy to nothing, and still, I cannot get it to work. SL HANDSHAKE FAILED when I open the browser.

Stop trying to log in. Open the ticket following the steps Quartz Mole gave you. The sooner you do this the sooner the person who phished your account can be locked out of it (which will stop them taking money or anything else). Do the ticket now. Right now. No more logging in, no more waiting. File that ticket.

Once the ticket is filed, read up on computer and account security. You need to check your system for malware (the free version of Malwarebytes is a good start) and lock down the security and change passwords on all your other accounts. Make sure each one has a different password. Set up two-step verification where possible. But file that ticket first.

• Like 6

Do not try another viewer. Stop trying to log on.

Have patience and wait for the ticket to be picked up and actioned.

Edited as you just updated (above).

Once you regain control ensure you enable MFA

Edited by Max Quirky
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, DarkMistress88 said:

Yea I stopped trying to log in hours ago, right now I am just happy I got a response from Linden Lab before any more damage was done to my account.

You should really change passwords for anything you have online if it was that bad and they were in your ebay and paypal and things..

• Like 3

Mkay... Typical thing here really... You've not been "hacked". You've been phished. Very different thing. I've ranted about this before. But i digress. :) 

You most likely clicked a fake link that just stole your login credentials (That is not hacking!)

There are a few lessons to be learned here though. First of all, do not randomly click links. Specially not my links, i still tend to rickroll people despite it being 2022. When you do click a link. Make sure the domain name is in fact what you expect it to be, being secondlife.com here. Or marketplace.secondlife.com. If there is anything else within these words, a supposed typo even, DO NOT CLICK IT.

Lesson number 2 (a hard one, in your case, and it's sad this still needs mentioning). Do NOT use the same password across websites/online accounts. Get a password manager. I know Google Chrome has one build in even. Not sure about Edge.

Additionally, think about using F2A to log into stuff. I hear SL is finally getting on that train too.

TL;DR

Do not randomly click links. Do not use the same password across the internet. (phishing isn't hacking!!!)

• Like 3

Just now, DarkMistress88 said:

I don't randomly clicked links; I probably went to a bad website for information. And I do not use the same password twice, but f2A would be nice. Thank you!

May be so, but you said multiple of your online accounts have been compromised but no virus has been found on your system, yet some of those accounts (including SL) locked themselves and put themselves into a panic state. Sounds like phishing to me. - I'm not blaming you of anything. I'm trying to help you/give advise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkMistress88 said:

PS. I think Somehow one of their bots have blocked me by IP and I do not know why or is it maybe an automatic thing? But all Second Life related items like secondlife.com and second life viewer are blocked for me. "Access denied".

But looks like you're here on the mboard --- unless you're reaching it via a phone.

22 minutes ago, DarkMistress88 said:

Yes, my account is still active, and I can access MP. Which means I am not banned. So, Idk what's going on.

Try this helpful page

fs_login_issues [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

This is the section you want to read.

At times, when attempting to log in, you will get a message like “Unable to connect to simulator”. Unfortunately, this message can be the result of several different things. This page covers some of the more common - and more rare - cases when this might occur.

• Your Internet Connection Is Down: Check whether you are able to connect to the 'net using a web browser; try to use it to visit a known website. If that fails, then the first thing to try is to unplug your modem/router for at least a full minute, then once plugged back in, allow then to go through startup, after which reboot your computer. If after this you are still unable to connect to the Internet with a web browser, you will probably need to contact your ISP to have your connection checked.
  • Your Router and/or Modem Has Problems: Repeat the same things as above.
  • Your Firewall Is Preventing the Connection: Try disabling your firewall software completely and then try to log in again. If you are successful, then you need to allow the viewer access through the firewall. Some tips on how to do that are here: Second Life wiki: Configuring Your Firewall.
  • Domain Name Server (DNS) Issues: Users of Firestorm may get “Unable to connect to simulator”, or a message specifically saying that there are issues with the DNS. In that case refer to the DNS Failure page for how to proceed.
  • Region Is Down: It is possible that the region you are trying to log into is down. So try again but select a different region name at the log in screen. Some regions you can try: Hippo Hollow, Aich, Hatton, Pooley.
  • Group Tag Preventing Login: There are cases when your active group tag will prevent log in - most usually when the tag contains unicode characters (though there have been isolated cases where even standard Latin characters have prevented log in as well). If this happens, you can attempt to log in using a text based viewer such as Radegast or MetaBolt, and change your active group in that viewer (preferably to None), log out and then log in with your usual viewer.
    Should that not be an option, you will need to find a way to get word in-world, to the group owner, and have them either edit the group title tag or, should that not be an option, eject you from the group.
    If that too is not a viable option, then the only other recourse is to file a support ticket with LL and have them change your active group.
    This is a server issue, and is reported in this LL JIRA.
  • Kaspersky password manager: If login in fails on the first attempt only with a message like “Despite our best efforts…”, and you use Kaspersky password manager, reset your login info for Second Life in the password manager, then try again. (Information provided by Valeries Muircastle.)

•  
Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.