Removal of Tree-LL-Mainland Route

DJGizmo Static

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just been to the location for a look.

270463399_Nautilusroad11May2022.thumb.jpg.23884c42d546d9ddd07ec831a1d3ec97.jpg

The tree (right) is located inside a protected Linden Route road parcel and has presumably been there since Nautilus was created in 2007. The tree is phantom and does not block physical objects, vehicles or avatars.

An additional road has been positioned by a resident at a right-angle to the Linden Route road, creating an intersection. This additional road is 14 metres wide and is owned by a resident, this road's "root" is rezzed within a neighbouring private parcel.

However, a small extremity of this extra road does intrude into the protected Linden road route parcel and is not set to phantom.

The area around this intersection is not busy and road traffic volume is low.  In my opinion, the extra resident-owned road should be narrowed to avoid both the legacy tree and also slightly shortened to avoid intruding into the Linden Route road parcel, where it shouldn't be.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Then you are the lucky one. It is maybe finding the right Linden at the right time.

Unless I am a very rude and disrespectful person. English isn't my #1 language, maybe I do not have the extent of respectful phrasing needed.

But I try my best. Not good enough.

I think mostly it's a matter of being reasonable, both in the nature of the request itself, and in how you present it. My requests never go to a particular Linden; I always submit a ticket to the land team as is the proper procedure.

I can't speak to your requests since I don't know what you have asked for in the past, but going solely by OP's comments here, I suspect the "requests" have been rather demanding, and received the non-reply one might expect. This group is encroaching on Linden land, covering up Linden objects, and are demanding removal of another Linden object from Linden land because they own some regions and I guess shouldn't have to play by the same rules as everyone else.

I don't care how many regions one owns, the bottom line is you need to be reasonable if you want results. In the alternative, just work around the tree, as @Qie Niangaosuggested. 

• Like 8

Too bad they can't remove all those old ugly trees in one fell swoop. Oh, they can I think with an asset removal. Then they'd need to replace them with some of the modern mesh trees used in Bellisseria, which actually would be a ton of work for the Moles

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greywolf Tsunenaga said:

Just remove the tree Linden! It's really stupidly simple to do in response to a perfectly reasonable request!

Having seen the tree and the private road encroaching in to the tree/LL/LDPW land. Given there's enough space to do it, couldn't the road owner just modify their road to work round the tree/sign?

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Having seen the tree and the private road encroaching in to the tree/LL/LDPW land. Given there's enough space to do it, couldn't the road owner just modify their road to work round the tree/sign?

No, because they own many regions and apparently expect LL to do what they demand, as shown by some of the comments in this thread. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

image.thumb.png.b2012def47457d89598d987c42957038.png

There's land impact to burn on that Expressway parcel, so budget a few to get a little creative

yes is quite a lot that could be done to make it interesting

just thinking about what else could be done

if was me then I would reduce the expressway prims to behind the building on the left. Then I would put in a gravel road to the right of the tree up to where the expressway starts

on the expressway I would put signs saying "road works ahead" and some rows of cones on the expressway narrowing down to the gravel

then on the gravel part I put a little hut for the road workers And a bulldozer and other machinery. And a couple or three animesh workers. Like one standing there having a cup of tea supervising and another one with a Stop/Go sign

if we ignore the little person with the sign then the bulldozer will try and bump us off the gravel part into the ditch, which can be on the side where the tree is

be quite fun that.  Be even more fun if when we ignore the Stop/Go sign the bulldozer then chases us up the expressway trying to smash us. Maybe not for everyone that tho

Edited by Mollymews
esle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DJGizmo Static said:

you clearly dont play SL

i log in to SL pretty much every day. I write scripts. You can find some in the LSL Library here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/305-lsl-library/

should you find any of the implemented algorithms useful then you are welcome to use them

ps. I would build the gravel road, as it tells a story which some of the Moles will appreciate when they see the build.  The story statement is: We (the land owners) are not done here.  LDPW Moles, from my observation of them, tend to respond too stories well told

• Like 4

• Moles

Trees along the mainland roads have been there since 2010. Moles cannot work on them unless the request comes through the Lab. So making a ticket is what you have to do, keeping in mind those requests are generally not granted since the trees were there when you bought the land. So if you want to make a request such as this, ask very nicely and convince the Lindens to want to make the change. Maybe they would have been more inclined if the road looked nice and didn't stick out so far into the Linden road. 

But whoever told you if your request is denied the thing to do is make a big stink in the public forums and argue with people gave you very very very very bad advice. It doesn't help your cause, just the opposite in fact. 🙁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.