Removal of Tree-LL-Mainland Route

DJGizmo Static

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Angels Airport & Marina . Has owned the parcel that comes onto the Route 13 Since  May 2nd 2019  And the owners Quianna Lighthouse-Greymyst (ditsey) and PriMcess Dolly (maidyuk.axel) Have made many attempts to Speak to Linden Labs VIA tickets to have this tree moved or remove . As the parcel obtained for a Access road across  3 full sims is limited to have a road into Angels Airport & Marina from route 13   However this tree blocks the installed road . And we would like to find a way to have it approved to be removed or moved out of the way . As you can see Angels has owned the parcels for this road for some time now . It was originally Obtained by the owners of GTFO System to make the access route . However then a while later Angels owners took over the parcels to keep it there . 

Tree Location is http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Plenodyes/213/14/81

Regards Angels Airport & Marina - Manager 

DJGizmo Static

Angels Airport & Marina Owners

Quianna Lighthouse-Greymyst (ditsey)

PriMcess Dolly (maidyuk.axel)

Tree Removal Request.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it might be better to stop yelling and word the request in a way that suggests how the Linden roadway could do with some TLC. Example:

"Hi, there are a number of trees and bushes on this section of Linden road [slurl] that are not grounded (are floating in the air). There are also some parts of the terrain poking thru the road surface. When LDPW get some time, could they please come and tidy this up for us. Also would it be possible please to move the gum tree away from our private road connection [slurl]. Thank you !"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it might be better to stop yelling and word the request in a way that suggests how the Linden roadway could do with some TLC. Example:

"Hi, there are a number of trees and bushes on this section of Linden road [slurl] that are not grounded (are floating in the air). There are also some parts of the terrain poking thru the road surface. When LDPW get some time, could they please come and tidy this up for us. Also would it be possible please to move the gum tree away from our private road connection [slurl]. Thank you !"

I have no idea where u see anyone yelling .. But i do appriciate you assuming this of us . and Its great that you know exactly what we have said to LL and we have already tried everything in respectful manner . But you clearly know us so well :) but its good you dont know the extent of live chat / tickets / Mole contacts . Owner of the tree contacts and much more . This is a next step attempt as everything else has failed . Even the " yelling " at them as you claim we have done . Even if we have not done :)

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DJGizmo Static said:

I have no idea where u see anyone yelling .. But i do appriciate you assuming this of us . and Its great that you know exactly what we have said to LL and we have already tried everything in respectful manner . But you clearly know us so well :) but its good you dont know the extent of live chat / tickets / Mole contacts . Owner of the tree contacts and much more . This is a next step attempt as everything else has failed . Even the " yelling " at them as you claim we have done . Even if we have not done :)

personally I find that politely worded change requests get a fairly quick response, way sooner than a not politely worded request. Your request has been in for what ? 2 years ? A thing to think about is what could you do, to shorten the change request response time ?

Just now, Mollymews said:

personally I find that politely worded change requests get a fairly quick response, way sooner than a not politely worded request. Your request has been in for what ? 2 years ? A thing to think about is what could you do, to shorten the change request response time ?

HAve a great day im glad that you think that everything is resolved by asking . Thank you for visiting the forum . I am very pleased with your assumptions and claims . As well as your belief that We do not know how to deal with matters or speak on matters . Or that apparently 100% everything gets dealt with properly when you do th e right attempts . How ever I have been told that a forum is the best way to go when denied unfairly . Good to see your blame is always someone else . feel free to make more assumptions and claims about us . I feel very entertained by your ignorance 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DJGizmo Static said:

im glad that you think that everything is resolved by asking

is about obtaining a result, and you haven't yet got a result to your

many attempts to Speak to Linden Labs VIA tickets to have this tree moved or remove[d]

so what else could you do ?  In a change request can also mention what else needs TLC from LDPW in that area. The job then goes from a single change request to a multi-change request

people who schedule work programs tend to block small jobs in with other jobs to be done in an area. If there are no other jobs in that area scheduled then your job (move a single tree) gets put in the wait queue. Is how job scheduling goes

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Excellent points. I have requested Linden landscaping/road items be moved a few times, and always received a quick, positive response. If someone has asked for years and not received what they are asking for, there must be a reason...

• Like 5

To be fair, Lindens rarely visit the forums randomly.  You're voicing your request to residents.  Nothing we can do about your road overlapping LL protected land.  Your road does end there at another Linden area.  Have you thought about making a car park there as your road won't be able to extend any further.  Or have some fun with it.  Make a sign up the road a way warning of a large tree blocking the road.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have you thought about making a car park there as your road won't be able to extend any further

this is a quite good idea. I did go and have a look at this area

a connecting junction build (car park, rest area, freeway to secondary road exchange, etc) as you say with the Linden road would be quite nice.  Would also indicate to motorists that the freeway is ending and that they are about to enter a secondary road system

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To be fair, Lindens rarely visit the forums randomly.  You're voicing your request to residents.  Nothing we can do about your road overlapping LL protected land.  Your road does end there at another Linden area.  Have you thought about making a car park there as your road won't be able to extend any further.  Or have some fun with it.  Make a sign up the road a way warning of a large tree blocking the road.

The Use is for a connecting road . There for a car park will not benifit Angels nor the renters in the sims through to angels that we have opened our road to give them a connection as well . There for the best case option is LL to remove or move the tree . So our attempts will continue till we get a logical response . We have made all attempts we can . And this is just yet another avenue of attempt . 

1 minute ago, DJGizmo Static said:

The Use is for a connecting road

it may be that LDPW haven't responded as the current build doesn't make any attempt to blend in aesthetically. LDPW are big on aesthetics

the interchange with the Linden road could be done differently. Not only do your road prims extend into the Linden road, but they also partially cover up a Linden bush and a Linden road sign

it could be done as a gentle turnout from the Linden road thru a interchange section to your freeway

• Like 5

First thing, "PriMcess Dolly" is one of the greatest Second Life names ever.

Second, if there were an Angels Airport on every other region in SL, that would be a good thing,

Third, that tree needs to be chopped.

Now the bad news... Sylvia/Molly/Rowan nailed it. LDPW as a rule, never (well... hardly ever) makes changes to anything. In Bellisseria, they tell you this BEFORE you even ask.  I think Rowan is on the right track. For starters, the part of your roadway that is over Linden protected land should look exactly like the linden road. Then put some dirt around the tree. Then change your connecting road so it looks like it merges down to one lane.

Then STOP posting in this forum cause they may catch on to our conspiracy,

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, diamond Marchant said:

First thing, "PriMcess Dolly" is one of the greatest Second Life names ever.

Second, if there were an Angels Airport on every other region in SL, that would be a good thing,

Third, that tree needs to be chopped.

Now the bad news... Sylvia nailed it. LDPW as a rule, never (well... hardly ever) makes changes to anything. In Bellisseria, they tell you this BEFORE you even ask.  I think Rowan is on the right track. For starters, the part of your roadway that is over Linden protected land should look exactly like the linden road. Then put some dirt around the tree. Then change your connecting road so it looks like it merges down to one lane.

Then STOP posting in this forum cause they may catch on to our conspiracy,

Yes and we do our best to give to sl as much as we can with all the locations of Angels . And we are still expanding . 

But This tree has been a sliver in Dollys..... Hand . for a long time . And We cant just change that parcel cause there is a greater purpose to it there . However . We got to at least try all attempts to get LL to see the value in removing or moving the tree. You have to try . 

There was that TP Tunnel near Angels S2 for the longest time . And many of us tried in many ways to get LL to remove it and then finally one day they listened and they removed it and made a actual road through that sim . So I know from experience . That you dont just give up because someone says " no " with a simple response to your whole hearted attempt . So I do believe there is a chance at success before settling or giving up . :D .And plus i know it would mean SO much to dolly So I do have faith still :D

• Like 2

Is concierge support still a thing?

I know one of our estate managers used concierge support (for our private estate) and had a few Lindens coming to our region to help with improving the performance of the region. They seemed to spend a fair amount of time there, even driving around the roads.

I have to say simply moving the tree seems such a trivial thing to improve the connection and the sort of involvement in mainland that you would think should be routine to encourage and support investment in the platform and for community building.

Best wishes and good luck with getting it moved\removed.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Excellent points. I have requested Linden landscaping/road items be moved a few times, and always received a quick, positive response. If someone has asked for years and not received what they are asking for, there must be a reason...

Then you are the lucky one. It is maybe finding the right Linden at the right time.

Unless I am a very rude and disrespectful person. English isn't my #1 language, maybe I do not have the extent of respectful phrasing needed.

But I try my best. Not good enough.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Is concierge support still a thing?

I know one of our estate managers used concierge support (for our private estate) and had a few Lindens coming to our region to help with improving the performance of the region. They seemed to spend a fair amount of time there, even driving around the roads.

I have to say simply moving the tree seems such a trivial thing to improve the connection and the sort of involvement in mainland that you would think should be routine to encourage and support investment in the platform and for community building.

Best wishes and good luck with getting it moved\removed.

Oh I fully agree . there is so much abandoned land and id think LL would want to try to rent out as much of it as possible especially to people already holding alot and wanting to expand . Angels is currently just over 33-35 Sims in parcel land owned . and growing . We try to help expand the use of mainland and increase the capabilities and everything . And we like to see neighbors doing the same . So we always personal try our best to work well with neighbors and help them conenct to the linden highways even and into a nice setup it would be great if LL gives alittle that as well . So here's to hoping we get there attention and the tree gets moved even over beside the roadway or removed . it takes a matter of seconds to do . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

That is not yelling . and also someones  comment not my statement or post . i stated all the facts and location and details and length of time parcels owned e.t.c but yet molly seems to want to have some sort of ignorance to say from her 3 year old account with over 5K comments in 3 years . clearly showing there daily tasks to cause annoyance in ppls forums . Dont like what we are attempting move along easy as that . But I have in no way been unright in the attempts to have this tree moved or removed .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's possible the Moles will change their minds, but if the objective is actually to get on with life, I'd work around what's pretty clearly been rejection of past requests. Here's what I'd do, if it were me:

image.thumb.png.b2012def47457d89598d987c42957038.png

There's land impact to burn on that Expressway parcel, so budget a few to get a little creative with what's encroaching on the Linden Route 13 land to simply avoid the tree, put a nice little planter there (linked back to a root on the Expressway parcel) and avoid stepping on that bush and the signpost there. Make a pleasant little intersection, or as pleasant as possible with the hand that's been dealt. Yeah, the expressway will need to be slightly narrower in this area and better if nudged a bit to the north (to the left in this view) but that's gotta be better than banging up against an immovable object, over and over again.

Personally, I'd be happy if all those old Eucalyptus trees vanished from the grid; they're my very least favorite of the Linden plants (with Plumeria a close second) because they degrade so ungracefully. But I have this thing about not banging up against immovable objects.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.