Adult activities in moderate regions

frankjwilson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have Linden home in Bellisseria, which is moderate. I understand that adult activities are prohibited outside in plain view. Is it required to have windows covered, like with drapes or shades when engaging in adult activities inside the house? If I had a privacy fence around the back yard, would adult activates be permitted inside the fenced area?

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't worry about it inside your house, especially with the shades drawn. If someone has to go to a lot of trouble to be a peeping Tom, you're not making yourself a public nuisance. Besides, all you have to do is set your parcel so that avatars outside the parcel cannot see or hear what you are doing inside.  Once you do that, the only way they can possibly see what you are doing is to trespass.  

a2e8a540947ff9c2fe2e4e185b406cd2.png

EDIT:  Oh, I forgot about the fence part of your question.  Again, if you have unticked the box that allows people outside the parcel to see what you are doing inside, you are no longer creating a public nuisance.  If anyone complained about your adult activities in the pool, they'd have to explain what they were doing on your parcel.  The idea is to take the same polite precautions that you would take in RL to avoid shocking the neighbors or perverting their children.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Good question. I'd like to see what the Lindens say about this. 

This question has been answered by the Lindens 1000 times on the forums. It is perfectly fine to engage in adult activities behind closed doors on a M rated sim shades closed or not. The privacy settings prevent people from seeing or hearing avatars in your parcel unless they are on the parcel itself, not the other way around, which in itself is a barrier.  Even if you have adult furniture outside as long as you have the privacy on they can't see you so whatever they think you are doing outside is speculation. Anyone that AR's something like this has too much time on their hands and should find things to do, mainly because they can just leave if they are offended. No need to cam inside people's parcel to see if they are having sex or not.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Good question. I'd like to see what the Lindens say about this. 

If you have privacy settings turned on for your parcel, it shouldn't matter where you are - inside or outside, - since nobody outside of your parcel would be able to see avatars inside of it. Avatars have a right to fly over though, so they could peep on you if you're fooling around in your yard. I don't like having privacy settings turned on myself, because I like seeing people walking, flying, driving or riding horses outside. I'm not likely to be engaging in adult activities on my parcels, though I do have a guest in one house who could. 

The Linden Homes have the ability to close the blinds on all the windows, but I like people to be able to see inside on the ground floor. What's the point of decorating if no one can see inside? Also, I don't know why the houses (the Victorians at least) don't have the ability to make the outer surface of the blinds opaque while the inner surface stays transparent. That would be my normal setting for privacy. I made my own curtains set this way for my houses, but that's more prims. I should probably turn them to mesh so they'll at least have a lower land impact. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.