Adult activities in moderate regions

Jim Crisp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have Linden home in Bellisseria, which is moderate. I understand that adult activities are prohibited outside in plain view. Is it required to have windows covered, like with drapes or shades when engaging in adult activities inside the house? If I had a privacy fence around the back yard, would adult activates be permitted inside the fenced area?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

I wouldn't worry about it inside your house, especially with the shades drawn. If someone has to go to a lot of trouble to be a peeping Tom, you're not making yourself a public nuisance. Besides, all you have to do is set your parcel so that avatars outside the parcel cannot see or hear what you are doing inside.  Once you do that, the only way they can possibly see what you are doing is to trespass.  

a2e8a540947ff9c2fe2e4e185b406cd2.png

EDIT:  Oh, I forgot about the fence part of your question.  Again, if you have unticked the box that allows people outside the parcel to see what you are doing inside, you are no longer creating a public nuisance.  If anyone complained about your adult activities in the pool, they'd have to explain what they were doing on your parcel.  The idea is to take the same polite precautions that you would take in RL to avoid shocking the neighbors or perverting their children.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Good question. I'd like to see what the Lindens say about this. 

This question has been answered by the Lindens 1000 times on the forums. It is perfectly fine to engage in adult activities behind closed doors on a M rated sim shades closed or not. The privacy settings prevent people from seeing or hearing avatars in your parcel unless they are on the parcel itself, not the other way around, which in itself is a barrier.  Even if you have adult furniture outside as long as you have the privacy on they can't see you so whatever they think you are doing outside is speculation. Anyone that AR's something like this has too much time on their hands and should find things to do, mainly because they can just leave if they are offended. No need to cam inside people's parcel to see if they are having sex or not.  

• Like 2

Good question. I'd like to see what the Lindens say about this. 

If you have privacy settings turned on for your parcel, it shouldn't matter where you are - inside or outside, - since nobody outside of your parcel would be able to see avatars inside of it. Avatars have a right to fly over though, so they could peep on you if you're fooling around in your yard. I don't like having privacy settings turned on myself, because I like seeing people walking, flying, driving or riding horses outside. I'm not likely to be engaging in adult activities on my parcels, though I do have a guest in one house who could. 

The Linden Homes have the ability to close the blinds on all the windows, but I like people to be able to see inside on the ground floor. What's the point of decorating if no one can see inside? Also, I don't know why the houses (the Victorians at least) don't have the ability to make the outer surface of the blinds opaque while the inner surface stays transparent. That would be my normal setting for privacy. I made my own curtains set this way for my houses, but that's more prims. I should probably turn them to mesh so they'll at least have a lower land impact. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald

No,  you may not have an adult club anywhere on your moderate parcel,  even in a skybox. Please read the maturity rating guidelines. 

Also read the policy on child play. It will tell you specifically what's allowed. Basically, if there's adult activity you may not have child avatars around. The penalties are severe. 

50 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you want answers directly from LL, open a Support ticket.  These forums are primarily a Resident to Resident thing.

But of course that's why LL publishes the relevant policies and Knowledge Base articles. That's the place to look first for answers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

But of course that's why LL publishes the relevant policies and Knowledge Base articles. That's the place to look first for answers. 

Yes, but this person seems to want LL to respond to them directly.  Maybe they are having difficulty understanding parts of the written stuff.

Perhaps. Still, many people decide to take the relatively slow route of submitting a support case instead of at least starting by reading basic documents. LL will always handle the high priority support cases first and then deal with informational questions when they have time. 

11 hours ago, McKaylalynn18 said:

so if i have my motel with adult beds on a moderate sim its ok for my kid to be in the community as long as they dont go in the motel ? what about having a adult cliub on a platform in my moderate sim id like to get a answer from linden labs i dont want to do somthing to get banned ?

If you want to have an adult club, rent or buy property in Zindra, the adult continent. Nobody will complain there.

Of course, you'll be one of maybe a hundred strip clubs and sex clubs, most of which are empty. I have a motorcycle shop in Zindra, and I've watched clubs come and go for several years. Most of them last about a month before they stop getting visitors. They usually keep the disco lighting turned on long after people stop showing up. It's kind of pathetic.

Assumption #1: What happens behind closed doors is ok. (Tick the "privacy" checkbox, etc. so others can't see into the parcel.)

Assumption #2: If you're running an "adult business", in a moderate region, then if you advertise the business openly you may get reported by other residents. (Assuming an "Adult business" is against the rules.) You probably wouldn't get "banned"..probably the guidelines would be quoted and you'd be expected to follow them.

Assumption #3: If you're running an adult business but not advertising (except word of mouth), your activities may not be noticed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.