Jump to content

Excess noise from other parcels


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi I have two parcels on Kaskitayo  (if I spelled that correctly) and the noise from surrounding has gotten to be too much. I have 3 alts and my main that I use for my theatrical presentations, and ambient noise from other parcels is wreaking havoc on me. What I want to do is shut off the noise from other parcels while being able to hear everything between my two parcels. Sound explorer has helped some but new noisemakers seem to be added all the time. Is there a way to shut out the noise from the other parcels without shutting it off between my two parcels? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Is there a way to shut out the noise from the other parcels without shutting it off between my two parcels? 

Nope.  All you can do is deal with it on an object by object basis -- or shut off all sounds.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

is the noise from surrounding parcels or stuff on your own?

 

if surrounding parcels, about land>sound, tick "restrict object and gesture sounds to this parcel"

won't work if OP wants to keep their both ( seperate) parcels sounds 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if both parcels are owned by the same account then we can join the parcels into one parcel (which can be done even when the parcels are not adjoining).  In this case then being one parcel the Restrict Sounds will work as wanted

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Muting / Derendering objects - object by object - is also a viable option if these are what bothers you most. I don't mind wind, surf and birdsong from neighboring parcels, but I once had to mute some noisy horses from a neighbor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Mollymews said:

if both parcels are owned by the same account then we can join the parcels into one parcel (which can be done even when the parcels are not adjoining).  In this case then being one parcel the Restrict Sounds will work as wanted

I will consider it. Thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Muting / Derendering objects - object by object - is also a viable option if these are what bothers you most. I don't mind wind, surf and birdsong from neighboring parcels, but I once had to mute some noisy horses from a neighbor. 

I know how to do this. More keep being added. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

is the noise from surrounding parcels or stuff on your own?

 

if surrounding parcels, about land>sound, tick "restrict object and gesture sounds to this parcel"

That won't work if the noise comes from media-on-a-prim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...