Excess noise from other parcels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I have two parcels on Kaskitayo  (if I spelled that correctly) and the noise from surrounding has gotten to be too much. I have 3 alts and my main that I use for my theatrical presentations, and ambient noise from other parcels is wreaking havoc on me. What I want to do is shut off the noise from other parcels while being able to hear everything between my two parcels. Sound explorer has helped some but new noisemakers seem to be added all the time. Is there a way to shut out the noise from the other parcels without shutting it off between my two parcels? 

2 hours ago, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Is there a way to shut out the noise from the other parcels without shutting it off between my two parcels? 

Nope.  All you can do is deal with it on an object by object basis -- or shut off all sounds.

1 hour ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

is the noise from surrounding parcels or stuff on your own?

if surrounding parcels, about land>sound, tick "restrict object and gesture sounds to this parcel"

won't work if OP wants to keep their both ( seperate) parcels sounds 

• Like 1

if both parcels are owned by the same account then we can join the parcels into one parcel (which can be done even when the parcels are not adjoining).  In this case then being one parcel the Restrict Sounds will work as wanted

• Like 4

On 5/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

is the noise from surrounding parcels or stuff on your own?

if surrounding parcels, about land>sound, tick "restrict object and gesture sounds to this parcel"

That won't work if the noise comes from media-on-a-prim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.