wishlist broken or showing incorrect items

Socklobster

Question

Hello, I would like to find a solution to my problem involving my wishlist
On my profile i have shared my wishlist publicly, but whenever someone clicks on the link, they see a completely different list of items.
What i see vs what others see are quite upsetting. I have even had an argument leading to almost losing a friend over this problem.
Can anyone please solve this for me?

My Wishlist.png

What others see.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can't tell from your images which is the list you see, and which is the list others see. Also, the top picture does not show the header (categories, maturity level, etc.) If those are different, you might see different results.

One thing you could try is to clear your web browser's history and cookies, then sign in to the Marketplace fresh. See if that changes what you see.

If those suggestions don't help, you should probably file a support case.

• Thanks 1

You are correct - there is definitely something messed up about it all.  My wishlist has 7 items on it, but when none of my alts see any of the items.  Definitely not a matter of the rating either.  All of my alts have the MP set to all maturity levels, not to mention that most of my items are General rated anyway.

Open a Support ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So.... I pulled up my wishlist.  I then changed my name in the URL to 'socklobster'.  It now shows your name but it is still showing my wishlist.

If I try to pull up your wishlist or mine, in another browser, logged in as one of my alts, I see nothing for either of us (possibly because they do not have wishlists)

I'm opening a JIRA Bug ticket.

Jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-232038

@Socklobster- Can your friends that are trying to view your wishlist confirm if they are actually seeing their own wishlist items, even if the screen shows your name at the top of it?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Hey...some busybody deleted my post!

There is a work-around available. Check out a website called https://www.thingstogetme.com/

You can put your Marketplace Wish List items there and then give your friends the URL to your list.

(In my original post, I also linked a test list I made from my own Wish List items. It was not meant to be a "beg" for gifts, but maybe a moderator took it that way. So I won't link to that here, this time.)

It just got moved up.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, shykitty01 said:

I am having the same issue.    Every time i try to view someone else's list, i see my own items.

Yes, it's a known bug affecting...well, everyone, I think.  LL is working on it, but for a work-around see the second post in this thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I can't tell from your images which is the list you see, and which is the list others see. Also, the top picture does not show the header (categories, maturity level, etc.) If those are different, you might see different results.

One thing you could try is to clear your web browser's history and cookies, then sign in to the Marketplace fresh. See if that changes what you see.

If those suggestions don't help, you should probably file a support case.

Thanks for the suggestion, and yes i tried all that yesterday.
The top Image is my list of what i see, but the second image is what another person sees. Sorry for the confusion.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So.... I pulled up my wishlist.  I then changed my name in the URL to 'socklobster'.  It now shows your name but it is still showing my wishlist.

If I try to pull up your wishlist or mine, in another browser, logged in as one of my alts, I see nothing for either of us (possibly because they do not have wishlists)

I'm opening a JIRA Bug ticket.

Jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-232038

@Socklobster- Can your friends that are trying to view your wishlist confirm if they are actually seeing their own wishlist items, even if the screen shows your name at the top of it?

Multiple people either see a blank page or similar different listings

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

(Edited due to stupidity)

Don't beat yourself up over it, I tried to check for related tags before posting this thread, but found nothing related.
I think there might be something broken in the tag system, or i am dumb. Anyways, it's not your fault, and you're not alone lolfeed-me-starving.gif.2185045ccaf53d929edf775316fec231.gif

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AmethystxMoonstone said:

It's Friday, April 22, 11:25 am SLT. This issue is still ongoing. Just popping in to confirm this, as I've had multiple people ask me about it. 

Since the JIRA was just accepted Monday of this week (April 18th), the earliest that I would expect a fix is early next week -- and that is being very optimistic about it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since the JIRA was just accepted Monday of this week (April 18th), the earliest that I would expect a fix is early next week -- and that is being very optimistic about it.

Still waiting as well. My wishlist was quite extensive. I thought I blew up MP Wishlists!

• Like 1

@Cinnamon Parx, you should be able to see your OWN wishlist just fine. The bug occurs when you try to see someone else's wishlist.

If you can't see your own list, there's a different problem going on. One of the most common errors is trying to view your personal Marketplace when you're not actually logged in. If that isn't it, then try deleting your browser's history and cookies, and log in fresh.

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Cinnamon Parx, you should be able to see your OWN wishlist just fine. The bug occurs when you try to see someone else's wishlist.

If you can't see your own list, there's a different problem going on. One of the most common errors is trying to view your personal Marketplace when you're not actually logged in. If that isn't it, then try deleting your browser's history and cookies, and log in fresh.

My friends can't see the list. I can see mine, yes. Thank goodness ~smiles~

On 4/18/2022 at 3:26 AM, Maximillon Lefavre said:

There's a JIRA ticket in for this issue but not holding my breath that the Lindens will get to it any time soon.

You can realistically expect this to be a "drop everything" priority for the marketplace team.

Wishlists are a core part of the platform and used extensively.