How to make my car available to everybody ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could use something like this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/jAS-VRS-Vehicle-Rezzer-System/9758259

Though your car will have to be mod as you would need to add scripts to that. It will also have to have a group/anyone option and not be owner only. There's probably scripts in the MP that lets anyone rez a car upon touching a sign, too but I just woke up, haven't had my coffee yet and my brain is too frazzled to look.

There are two hurdles here:

1. Getting the car to rez, and
  2. The rezzed car allowing a non-owner to drive it (often called "unlocked" mode).

If the car doesn't support #2, the car's vehicle scripting will need to be replaced (which means the vehicle would absolutely need Modify permission), and it's likely to be a significant project to get it working well enough to be an enjoyable driving experience.

If the car does support #2, it would be possible to script a rezzer that would push out a new copy of the car whenever the old one is driven off the parcel or whatever, even if that car is no-mod. (Probably such a script exists but I'd just script my own to avoid having to search the dreaded Marketplace.)

(Personally, I consider all no-mod vehicles utterly worthless, but I gather some folks overcome the revulsion and somehow tolerate them.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.