Help with a issue and a Mesher.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I ordered Meshes from someone around November 05 2021 and was supposed to get my stuff in 6 weeks, well 6 weeks goes by and I still don't have my meshes I have fully paid for the order roughly 405k in lindens the last I heard from the guy was January 21st 2022. Now I get it stuff comes up Real Life and all but 400+ Thousand Linden is a lot of money and i am trying to figure out what I should do I have been more then patient and want either my mesh or my money returned to me. Has anyone else ever had a similar issue and did LL ever return the money ? I would also like to add I have messaged the guy multiple times over discord to no avail and I know i'm not blocked either in world or on discord so I have proof of the transactions.

Edited by ILIKEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPI
adding additional details

52 minutes ago, ILIKEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPI said:

So I ordered Meshes from someone around November 05 2021 and was supposed to get my stuff in 6 weeks, well 6 weeks goes by and I still don't have my meshes I have fully paid for the order roughly 405k in lindens the last I heard from the guy was January 21st 2022. Now I get it stuff comes up Real Life and all but 400+ Thousand Linden is a lot of money and i am trying to figure out what I should do I have been more then patient and want either my mesh or my money returned to me. Has anyone else ever had a similar issue and did LL ever return the money ? I would also like to add I have messaged the guy multiple times over discord to no avail and I know i'm not blocked either in world or on discord so I have proof of the transactions.

Boy did you get played, that's over 1,000.00 in RL money and you paid it all up front???? LL will not get involved in this as they consider it resident to resident dispute, BUT, since it is over 1,000.00 they might be able to do something and you could also seek a lawyer's advice on what to do. Word of advice...next time, don't pay all of it upfront. Herein, endth the lesson. 

• Like 2

Oh dear.

It's not much help to you now, but this is why you should NEVER contract for custom work in this way, or do it through SL, if the amount is at all significant.

When contracting for custom work:

• Exchange RL name, phone number, and address information, and VERIFY it.
  • Pay in installments. For example, 1/3 up front, 1/3 when presented with a prototype for final comments and changes, and the final 1/3 on delivery of the final product.
  • Have a written contract, ON PAPER, signed by both parties. This gives you something to show in court later. The contract should specify:
    • The work to be done
    • What product(s) are deliverable. (Mesh models, UV maps, textures, scripts, animations?)
    • What rights are given to you, and what rights the creator will retain
    • The time period within which it will be done
    • Payment schedule
    • How changes to the contract will be handled
    • How disputes will be handled
  • Like 4

On 4/11/2022 at 7:10 AM, ILIKEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPIEPI said:

The contractor will use one of their alts by now in SL, while likely laughing all the way to the bank.
LL will do nothing. And if you don't have reliable RL information, your options are very limited I'm afraid.

I think you most likely stumbled over a con artist.
Only thing that is left is hope for the best, that it turns out to be an unexpected delay.

Life lesson: Don't trust people to lightly with your money.

Edited by Sid Nagy

14 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think you most likely stumbled over a con artist.
Only thing that is left is hope for the best, that it turns out to be an unexpected delay.

Being as charitable as possible, I can imagine an inexperienced creator agreeing to take on a massive project, getting in way over his head, and then making the very poor decision to just take the money and run. (Or, perhaps being even more charitable but on a more somber note, I can imagine the creator being hit by a city bus and no longer being around to do the work or send the money back.)  In any case, the result is the same; you are out a lot of money and are not likely to get it back.  It's a hard way to learn a life lesson.  Deal with people you know or can verify confidently, and even then, hold off on full payment until you receive the work.

• Like 1

That is terrible, but it´s a lot of money upfront.

Lindal Kid´s advice is good, another thing I would add is, if the mesher is not well known, start with something small, see how they handle deadlines, communication, what the end product looks like, do they provide any help after delivery, etc.  And then go for something a bit bigger, and so on.

Anyway, I hope you can resolve this, and if you cant get your money back, at least they deliver a mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.