Ugh :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

bee Baroque wrote:

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Of course when I attempted to AR the perp, his name didn't come up in the search box.

sorry to hear about this
:(

when a name can't be found use governor linden as a placeholder and state the name you are ar'ing in the ar.

This was the advice I was given awhile ago and, everytime I have used Governor Linden as the offender, the griefing has been resolved in just a few minutes.

Melita Magic wrote:

Except that it often isn't the real griefer on the prim. But, LL knows that also.

Yea, sometimes griefers fool some new person by giving them something, and the new person rez the grief without knowing what it does.

Also there was a hax to change the owner of a prim. I hope LL fixed that already.

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

That's what I used to think, Void, until I noticed it happening during a spam attack. I presume they block their avatar name from showing up in search. Annoying but predictable.

there was a period during which residents could do that, but I'm led to believe it's been fixed. you can manually confirm that an avatar has been banned by checking their V2 profile page... if it says "this profile has been disabled" that means the avatar has been banned. there are different messages for profile that are limited, but that one shows up even if you aren't logged in.... it's what I use to verify "confirmed kills" after I AR content thieves and scammers.

Set a parcel for sale this morning and this greeted me on teh parcel across from it. I ARed it and hope it will be cleared soon. 

While standing there I saw another one go by, crash through the Linden rest stop, go into the ground nose first, go skyborne, and then plough into a small hill, before it disappeared. (I haven't been to my parcel in some time. I also did not touch the car I saw drive by while I was there. Just fyi.)

Ann OToole Car Pileup.png

Car mowing down a Linden rest stop then flying past the tree tops.

Car Mows Down Rest Stop.png

car in tree tops.png

I don't understand this?

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Of course when I attempted to AR the perp, his name didn't come up in the search box.

AR the box, not its owner. That usually can fill in a name even if the name no longer exists.

We may have zapped that guy for you with a series of ARs yesterday Arbor Patrol got up to when somebody found glowing white boxes all over a few sims, near I should add, some of Prok's land... (in between Prok and another mainland rental person, some abandoned land. And then we found them again on some other sims).

Or it could be unrelated but similar looking.

Its a good idea when the objects are cluttering abandoned land to also request the land have an auto-return set -and- be set for sale or auction. That way you work towards a solution for the future as well, and not just until the next spammer drops by.

The vehicles fly up when they hit a lag spike - especially during a sim crossing. Drive a vehicle you yourself own sometime and you'll experience this. And then you'll find yourself ejected and sent somewhere other than where your vehicle went.

And of course it also happens to those automated empty vehicles. On the rights parts of mainland you can find vehicles in mid air about 10-40m off the ground over almost every lot which lacks auto-return. Especially in older sim with residents who have first land that no longer use SL...

Most of them are not there on purpose. Rather drivers get ejected by land and are unable to ever find their vehicle. Somewhere in Bay City there's a pink Hello Kitty car with my name on it as owner... and somewhere about 10-40 sims out from Fietzo to the east I think, is a spaceship with my name on it.

- I've been waiting to see the spaceship pop into my lost and found folder since 2009... and the Hello Kitty car since last week.

All I know is I ended up under a bridge when I lost the car, and I found myself 10 sims away from where the lag hit me and standing on a telephone wire in between two pigeons back in 2009 when the space ship tossed me. I still regret not screenshotting that as it was the most amazing location to just randomly land in...

I do see a big difference between 100 (I'm guessing) unmanned prims shooting down various avenues of Linden land, 24/7, to go anywhere willy nilly through people's property, and stack up roadside - and driving a vehicle oneself down a road. 

With the major difference that one can control a vehicle one is driving, at least most of the time, and can go pick it up if it wrecks.

I have a parcel for sale across from this mess and I don't understand why this form of griefing (think of it - prims shooting out everywhere uncontrollably) goes on and on. I used to think they were cute but that's when I thought those were Linden cars, and that's before there were 100s of them, out of control.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.