You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The generic answer is "Maybe".  In the Knowledge Base, Linden Lab says,

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

In practice, some SL residents have no trouble at all with non-standard cards, but you shouldn't count on it.  And you shouldn't necessarily expect that if a non-standard card works today, it will keep working tomorrow.  As Rowan says, try it.  In any case, to use the card, you must first have it verified by the issuing bank, to certify that you have a backup source of funds for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Elite6 said:

I don't have it yet, I want to switch from my Vsa card to UnionPay, that's why I'm asking

Ah, well then, you are going from "Yes, it will definitely work" to "Well, it might work".  If I were you, I wouldn't cancel the Visa card until I was sure.  And, as I said a minute ago, there's still no guarantee that the new card will always work.

• Like 1

You could try calling Billing and asking them.  They might be able to tell you right off the bat.

Billing support phone numbers
Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
Long-Distance: 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.

• Like 1

A lot of Europeans think differently about credit cards.
More credit possibilities ain't always a good thing. There will always be a payback time when you use it and credit isn't exactly free.
That's the main reason I'm the owner of NO credit card at all.
PayPal is linked to my bank account and works perfectly for international payments and is a lot cheaper.

Edited by Sid Nagy
It is one of those spelling bad hair days again.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as long i pay my mothly CC bill,  there's no credit fee, only the yearly card fee.

Sure, they can be handy in certain situations. But on this side of the pond a bank card is more than sufficient and cheaper.
One needs that bank card anyway if one doesn't want to pay cash all the time in supermarkets.
I haven't seen a supermarket so far, that accepts CC in the NL. And in the surrounding countries I can pay with the bank card in practically all stores

And Lindal was talking about more available credit. That made me respond.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.