New Second Life Forum Section - Second Life Media - Entertainment

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see linden homes with tvs with the new forum section linked to them. new section plus sl media / linden home tvs equal more views, more views equal more in world traffic. 

News channels with sl avatar hosting, comedy channels, dramas, murder mysteries, travel channels, history channels. 

SL needs to step up with original ideas, because the metaverse has AI building their stuff. One thing SL has going for it is it's not artificial, it's organic.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I'm thinking a section of the forum for second life created media / entertainment, user created videos, dance videos, role play videos, talk shows, Official videos like Lab Gab, Bookclub, announcement videos. Fan made videos. 

We already have a forum section for that.

12 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I see linden homes with tvs with the new forum section linked to them. new section plus sl media / linden home tvs equal more views, more views equal more in world traffic. 

News channels with sl avatar hosting, comedy channels, dramas, murder mysteries, travel channels, history channels. 

SL needs to step up with original ideas, because the metaverse has AI building their stuff. One thing SL has going for it is it's not artificial, it's organic.  

Now you are tripping. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paulsian said:

I'm thinking a section of the forum for second life created media / entertainment, user created videos, dance videos, role play videos, talk shows, Official videos like Lab Gab, Bookclub, announcement videos. Fan made videos. 

You can reach all SL blog postings at the top of the forums page.  It's not as if it's hidden somewhere.

Blogs - Second Life Community

47b7c4192d186fbdb246e8ecf47c504f.png.48b84cbfb499d9407e30ad232e7d9d38.png

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2

As a visionary, I appreciate reactions of others, more often it's not easy to see the bigger picture and comprehending a new idea and 20 steps further from that idea. I'm also an entrepreneur and understand sharing ideas with others almost always results in opposition, that is why the world is not as neat as it could be, because ideas are almost always shot down before they are given a chance, and as an entrepreneur my job is to never give up or become discouraged. 

About this Second Life Media Section of the Forum Concept and how that could mesh into the virtual world nicely. 

I would like to see the heading something like:

SECOND LIFE MEDIA with the following subcategories:

(Something like retro television stations)

NEWS

With maybe sub categories for news

Second Life Official News

Second Life World News

Second Life Local News

Second Life Science News

TUTORIALS:

pined official ones

TALK SHOWS:

BOOK CLUB

Up All Night

Okra

Geriatric Springer

GAME SHOWS

(Resident Created Game Shows)

Push Your Luck

Shark Bait

Ninja Prim Warrior

DAY TIME DRAMAS

Days of our Prims

ACTION

Governance (Cops (reno 911 ish) 

SCIFI

Prim Trek 

And so on and so on and so on. 

This system of organized second life entertainment could be used on tvs in linden homes already setup in content packages for residents to enjoy from their linden homes.. More views, more traffic, larger economy, better improvements. 

The forums would need to evolve a bit more.

If I created a game show and had a topic created with the title of the game show, would need a way to turn off comments. Just a place to publish sl created content and there has to be a way to know when content is about to stream live inworld via the forum follow functions. 

For example. Lab Gab will stream live from so and so in 5 hours. If i'm in world and don't have all that subscribe stuff setup on my computer and phone, I would like to have that alert come through from the forum to the world so I can tune in. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly I hope LL doesn't even get into that race with those guys.. We don't need our world to change into their type of world.

I agree, not a race. Meta is really neat. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Are you serious? You dump a list of "pun" names for TV shows, and you call yourself a visionary for it?
you HAVE to be trolling, please tell me that you are trolling.

Edit:
Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. But I have questions.

Who would produce all this content? How much new, weekly content would you need? Is it all in-house produced by LL, or if its made by residents, who will veto what gets on-air.  How is that conducive to revenue, and I want a clear explanation for this, backed with something more than happy thoughts.

Edited by StarlanderGoods
expanding
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Besides the official content. Residents would produce the content using second life. It would be easier to imagine for residents who have created content.

Residents would fill in the categories with whatever content they create. I would create more quirky content as some of the mentioned above. 

I was on a game show in sl before. If there was open casting calls for game shows of all kinds with prizes and the game show was here, people on the outside would see and would come in world for a chance to participate and while they are waiting for their chance, they will learn more about second life. 

That's just one category. It's your show you name it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I log out to watch tv.

That would be another option, but the main focus is to have a resource, a place for content creators to organize and show off their inworld created content, including a place for the linden content. More way to get views, likes, subscribes, traffic. Just one idea, one of like 500 I've submitted. I like this one a lot. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I log out to watch tv.

same.. pay several hundreds of Euro/Dollars for big screens, and some go sit for a matchbox size sl tv ... never understood that..

And about the seperate forum section ... why ?... just another one where people don;t post but everywhere they "think" it suits?... please only when also a 24/7 new mod is appointed to clean the forums 

btw.. nót saying the recenter Mole inverventions are not fast enough.. they'r pretty fast!

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Our first new community page is Black Culture in Second Life. “Black culture is rich because it is from the soul. When you see Blackness in real life, what you are seeing is a soul of a people. Some of us displaced from generations; some of us with long lineages of old worlds and traditions. From the way we talk, to the beliefs we hold, to our own language [African American Vernacular English, and the international derivatives of it], Blackness is a LIFE FORCE of Second Life,” writes Dondallia Graves.

image.png.faf3b9856742852da3a2b88017972d68.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, Paulsian said:

Why don't you set up a website for that yourself?

There are some awesome wordpress themes for that.

• Like 1

This world has a lot of performing artists who already publish their SL content on Youtube. If they had an organized place here to link their content SL would get more positive exposure. 

Currently Second Life Youtube page has 41.9k subscribers. I witnessed a content creator go from 40k to over 100k in 2 days. 

Just saying if Lab Gab and other official content was linked to a Social Media spot here in the forums and residents were rewarded with lindens for viewing liking and subscribing could be a major boost. 

It was just a silly idea. All good. 

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.