Where to get good free or cheap hair?

Valto Auxifur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess it depends on what you define as "cheap", it also depends what gender you're looking for. Some of the best hair brands in SL range their styles between 199-250.

Truth (250$L), Magika (199$L-249$L), Ploom (250$L), fri. (250$L).

But these are mostly female hairs, though brands like Truth also have male hair. I don't know of any quality brands for cheaper but someone else might. If you want good quality, you'll probably have to expect something in the 250$L range as that seems to be the standard for hair, but this translates to only 1 US dollar. So it's not ridiculously expensive or anything.

If you are not yet 30 days old, visit GuRL6. I think they still have a noobie offer. You'll have to dig around the store to find the offer. I got my first L$400 do from them. Once I made some L$ I bought several more from them. They have guy;s hair across the street from GuRL6 store.

Visit Free Dove. They have nice free stuff. I still visit every so often and I usually find things I want. They have more stuff for the women but they do have guy stuff.

Are u a male or female avi?  I'm assuming male but could be assuming wrong.  I got a couple of boxes of free hair for myself (a female) one on Marketplace and another place that has freebie hair for females, but I don't know about male, though I could drop you a lm for this inworld freebie store 'cuz there is some free men's stuff as well as women's.

Anyhow, I did a quick search for male hair on Marketplace in the 0 to 10 linden range and didn't come up with anything for you if you indeed are a male avi.

However, another way to go is to get a complete avatar on Marketplace that will come with hair.  Some complete avatars are a starting price of $299 linden; that's a good price. 

You could also play basic for awhile and you get complete avatars dressed on basic for free, and you can change your avi's around on basic, I think.  I've only been on basic twice. 

If you're not finding how to search for 0 to 10 linden items on Marketplace, let us know and we can help. 

ETA:  Basic is on viewer 2.  Which someone can explain to you if you'd like.  You can get a complete avatar on basic to play for free for awhile, and even take that basic avatar over to advanced.  

Pamela, are you a Mod or a member?

OP: Truth has a nice short freebie hair called Jess. Comes in all colors. Look to the left when you walk in.

Elikatira has a nice freebie ponytail under the counter when you walk in. Comes in all colors.

Exile has a freebie wall, 6 hair for women and 3 hair for men. All very nice. Comes in all colors.

Vignette has a huge room full of free hair. If you can't find that, look for In Her Shoes and it's on the same sim.

Savoir Hair has free hair from shops all over the grid, in one location.

All of the above are legal and creator-made and/or creator-approved and free.

I have over 20,000 items in my inventory & probably only paid for a couple hundred.  Some of the best hair I have was free, some from SL Marketplace & some from in-world.  Gurl 6 is a good place for free hair when you're new. Dr. Life used ot have some nice free hair at the Gnubie Store. Anyone know where they might be available now?  Savoir Hair has some good free stuff by several designers, so you can try some & then buy more from the designers you like.  Miss Murder has some nice free skins & packages for guys & girls. You might try Fab Free too. Many stores offer a couple freebies to get potential customers to come back & buy more.  Hunts are also a good way to find nice items for free.

I'll send you a Notecard in world with lots of links for good free clothes & such.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
On 6/10/2011 at 8:28 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

If you are not yet 30 days old, visit GuRL6. I think they still have a noobie offer. You'll have to dig around the store to find the offer. I got my first L$400 do from them. Once I made some L$ I bought several more from them. They have guy;s hair across the street from GuRL6 store.

Visit Free Dove. They have nice free stuff. I still visit every so often and I usually find things I want. They have more stuff for the women but they do have guy stuff.

Link for the teleportation?

On 12/14/2019 at 6:17 AM, BountyHuneter said:

Link for the teleportation?

Don't let the clowns make you feel bad. They are trying to emotionally bully you to not do something that we have all done at one time or another. Nero-posting is neither wrong or bad. However, waking an old thread up may or may not be productive. So, you have to decide whether you think the thread is a subject relevant to today or from someone you think has the answer. If not, just ask your question in a new thread.

GuRL 6 has vanished from SL over the last 8 years. I think it was 2018 when I last looked for them. They do not come up in the marketplace or in-world search. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.