Wiki format change?

Quistess Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I visit the LSL wiki a lot (unsurprisingly), today when I look at it, it looks. . . off somehow. Did the formatting change slightly, did my browser fail to load some assets, or am I just losing my mind/ having one of those french word moments? (also not sure why the search bar has a yellow highlight. . .)

LLSLPPF.thumb.png.ab37c9d520d1e609d089fb76d9622645.png

Edited by Quistess Alpha
commas

The new search box doesn't work anywhere nearly as well as before. The autocomplete is only working for maybe 5% of the keywords I have tried. So pretty much every single LSL function I try to look up turns from typing a few chars and picking the first, in to type out most/all of the function name, submit search, then click first search result.

1 minute ago, Fenix Eldritch said:

It's not you, a number of images have been broken on the wiki for years. The source images are actually still there, but those previews to them broke long ago.

Ah, okay 🙂 I thought it is related to the changes.

12 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

External search engines like Google/Duck can usually find the correct page faster than navigating the (sometimes very slow) wiki.

this is me

my google search is to preface with; lsl

lsl agent info

lsl timer

lsl touch

and so on

the wiki entry is almost always the first link on the search results

i think is because the search engine learns that lsl means the wiki for me

12 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this is me

my google search is to preface with; lsl

lsl agent info

lsl timer

lsl touch

and so on

the wiki entry is almost always the first link on the search results

i think is because the search engine learns that lsl means the wiki for me

Lol I do exactly the same, plus I use Ctrl+F on the "List of functions" page 🙂

Also it works if you type the function name in google, e.g. llSensor. But sometimes it suggests something else.

Edited by tomm55

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 11:08 PM, Quistess Alpha said:

I usually do a ctrl-f on https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Functions rather than using the search-bar.

That would only work for functions, I'm often pulling up non-LSL-function pages. Also requires navigating to that page vs just tabbing in to the search box, typing a few chars, arrow down, enter.

The standard Mediawiki autocomplete suggestions works fine for providing a dropdown list of matching page titles without having to actually perform a search.  After the update, it only sort of works, like the autocomplete database is about 10% populated. I'm not sure what/if-any search extension was used before, like if it was something like TitleKey or just the stock autocomplete suggests, but its likely they did not update the config and/or extension(s) to account for the differences between the old version and current, or the index is just borked.

Not sure what broke it, been a lot of years since I've admin'd a Mediawiki install. Still my preferred wiki solution though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.